Watch out for these Upcoming PC Games For 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Check out this game called Legendary.Developed by Spark Unlimited.It's a FPS game based on the Unreal Engine 3.Tentative release date if end of September.The game is about Charles Deckard, a thief, who opens the Pandora's box & unleashes hell in modern day.These include mythical creatures from the past invading the present time.I just got off from watching it's Walkthrough footage over game trailers.Looked interesting.Anything with Greek mythical characters is directly of my interest.

Check out it's official website:
*www.legendarythegame.com/

It's multi platform so no one gets left out.:D

Shloeb

In the zone
If it's the local one then you would probably need to manually configure it in the controls part.It won't auto configure the controls.You won't need the driver disc too as these controller's have drivers only for the vibration feature to work.I got mine working by manually configuring it from within the game's menu & it worked flawlessly.
Did ur desi gamepad worked in GRID? In GRID menu i don't see any option of configuring the controller even though my controller is connected.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Did ur desi gamepad worked in GRID? In GRID menu i don't see any option of configuring the controller even though my controller is connected.
Yes it did.It's been a while since I uninstalled the game but now since my card is here I'll give it a shot & let you know the exact process.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
In GRID menu i don't see any option of configuring the controller even though my controller is connected.
go to the options menu. There is an option there called controls or something. In here there will be two tabs, default and custom.
select "custom" & then start assigning the keys

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Just got back from a single race event of Flat Out Carnage.First a few screenshots:
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20425_dukcd/1.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20426_q1vjw/2.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20427_kkvff/3.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20428_ycmjy/4.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20429_x2esf/5.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20430_biyac/6.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20431_su1p9/7.jpg

Now my thoughts:
Well I just played a small amount of it & the gameplay seems totally fun.The worse part, it's badly optimised.Yes folks it butchered my rig with 17-24 Fps with everything on high @1280x1024 & full AF.Add to the injury it lacked AA which was a serious disappointment & as you can see from the screenshots it's very much noticeable.The car handling is pretty easy & seems responsive.The menu style looks like a complete burnout rip off.The ragdoll physics are awesome & pretty much everything you bump into will come in your way sooner or later.Car damage is also pretty good but nothing compared to GriD.It would have turned out to be a good title if only the optimisation was done properly.Flat Out 2 ran super smooth on my rig & had pretty much the same effects & almost near graphical quality to this game.Hence am a bit disappointed with it's performance.I will try it again when I get my 4850 though.Hopefully it will feel a lot better.But it's fun & for those who have almost ripped off their hair trying to control GriD cars, this would be a good change.:D

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO AGAIN MOTHER****ER :D:D:D (taken frm a song so dnt diss me ;))

let me see if the same SOURCE has a good SMALL piece for me :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Gave Flatout Carnage a re-run & my apologies on the previous post for the lack of AA in this game.After I got my 4850, it directly picked up AA to the max in this game's configuration utility.Earlier it didn't show even a single level of AA with my 7900GT.Tried this with 8X AA & 16X AF & still the game easily retains 55 FPS.Drops slightly when there is smoke & water effects in excess.The drop is only lowest till 30-32 FPS which picks up instantly after that.Game feels really good after getting a good card.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks guys.Crysis benchmarked at 1280x1024 with everything on high.Frames:
Min: 20.1 FPS
Avg: 36.41 FPS
Max: 49.5 FPS

This was from the Crysis benchmarking tool.:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^nice, but as i said sumwhere that Crysis is *********************************** so dnt rely only on it .. its not the only game in the whole world :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I just wanted it to be the first game to be stress tested with & so that I could check my load temps.I had completed that game long back on the 7900GT so don't feel like playing it all over again.I mainly got this for the upcoming titles.Games like Turok, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Assassin's Creed were giving a very hard time to my card.So I had to put it to rest.;)

Davidboon

In the zone
well anybody here does remember of prince of persia series:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
well prince of persia 4 :D:D:Dis gonna be released this november
im waiting for it, hope it doesnt get delayed :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey saw an image of DMC4 in which a girl was standing with a sword(same as neo) & claw(again same as neo)

wat is dat 4..??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom