Watch out for these Upcoming PC Games For 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^I haven't touched a single DMC title prior to this myself.But after playing this demo I have changed my mind & thought of giving this game a shot.I know it would be a total out-of-body experience as I won't have a clue about the storyline, so for me it's all about the uber combos & mighty boss fights.I am a sucker for massive boss fights based games you see.:D

I'll try to get the earlier series on the PS2 if I can & perhaps then get in sync with this series.My friend's also recommend playing MGS series too.Let's see if I can get hold of it.MGS4 coming to PC is a very distant dream for now.If the game was on the 360 I could have atleast ''hoped" for a port but with Sony's past vendetta of it's major titles being exclusive is very tight.So no point in getting hopes up for it.:(

Has anyone here tried out Alone In the Dark? How is the game?

ancientrites

In the zone
i have finished downloading alone in the dark but there is tiny problem no crack available and not released.still waiting

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Devil May Cry 4 is out.Will be getting it by tomorrow.Boy can't wait to play this game.Thank god it didn't get delayed.All hail Capcom for the uber-optimised ports they release.This one looks way shinier than the consoles.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I just got the game & believe me even if you're not a fan of the DMC franchise & want a pure hack-n-slash games with uber-cool cut scenes then yes this is the one for you.Like I said before I am very new to this combos & stylish ratings & stuff like that.But if you pay attention to the tutorial tips then you might just figure out every single thing easily.The game is beautifully optimised.I mean come on which game today has a recommended card rating for 8600GT? Not even minimum.It's a recommended card.:D

That's how optimised it is.I am playing with every detail maxed out @1280x1024 with 4X MSAA & still retaining a healthy 35Fps.The graphics are simply amazing.The control system is very user-friendly & gets adjusted with any darn controller.Although it's defaulted to be mapped with an Xbox 360 control pattern being a GFW game.The camera movements suck at times when it's on fixed position but won't be much of a hassle.The cinematics are brilliantly done & this is the true highlight of all DMC games I believe.The fight styles include certain combo system which you can adjust to automatic or manual at the beginning of the game.Depending on what you're comfort level is, it will allow you to execute the combos accordingly.I left it on auto so performing them was a walk in the park.

Overall the game is totally worth a shot.The storyline may have some characters which you may not relate to if you're new to this series but if you watch the cut-scenes then it won't be that hard to catch up.Believe me they are worth each & every pixel.:D

ajaybc

Youngling
Well I just got the game & believe me even if you're not a fan of the DMC franchise & want a pure hack-n-slash games with uber-cool cut scenes then yes this is the one for you.Like I said before I am very new to this combos & stylish ratings & stuff like that.But if you pay attention to the tutorial tips then you might just figure out every single thing easily.The game is beautifully optimised.I mean come on which game today has a recommended card rating for 8600GT? Not even minimum.It's a recommended card.:D

That's how optimised it is.I am playing with every detail maxed out @1280x1024 with 4X MSAA & still retaining a healthy 35Fps.The graphics are simply amazing.The control system is very user-friendly & gets adjusted with any darn controller.Although it's defaulted to be mapped with an Xbox 360 control pattern being a GFW game.The camera movements suck at times when it's on fixed position but won't be much of a hassle.The cinematics are brilliantly done & this is the true highlight of all DMC games I believe.The fight styles include certain combo system which you can adjust to automatic or manual at the beginning of the game.Depending on what you're comfort level is, it will allow you to execute the combos accordingly.I left it on auto so performing them was a walk in the park.

Overall the game is totally worth a shot.The storyline may have some characters which you may not relate to if you're new to this series but if you watch the cut-scenes then it won't be that hard to catch up.Believe me they are worth each & every pixel.:D

Ummm.....
But the reviews say a different story

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
*www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3168624&p=1
That's just 'A' review.Anyway if you read the review more than half of it was being praised.The only qualm that the reviewer found was the lack of mouse support.Which is quite absurd IMHO.If you are playing a hack & slash game anywhere it would be an assumed part that it's best suitable with a gamepad.I specially got my gamepad, which is as cheap as it gets, for playing these titles.So no problem out here.If you also read carefully he clearly mentioned that he is not a seasoned DMC player so he might just find these bits tough to adjust with instantly.

Last but not the least never judge a game on the basis of it's online reviews.They are just one person's opinion.If I would have gone by Kane & Lynch's PC review then I would have probably missed one of the best games of last year.So play the game & do let us know.I've played it & still continuing to so was just letting you know how it feels first hand.:D

@Sam: Just get a gamepad & you'll be all set.;)

ajaybc

Youngling
Ok...
I dont like hack and slash but I do defenitly like combos.Iam in the process of "getting" Devil may cry 4.
I dont have a gamepad though.
How much does a gamepad cost?
My friend bought a Chinese one for 300Rs.Will all games support it?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I got mine which resembles that of a PS2 controller & it costed me Rs.400.All those chineese brands are pretty decent & most of them have good compatibility rate.In some games though you might need to re-configure the controls manually.Also Vibration in these controllers isn't a 100% hit will all games.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Check the USB driver disc which is needed for the vibration feature to be activated for these controllers.Without it, you would probably be lost searching for the drivers on the Internet.Also before buying it, ask to shopkeeper to remove the packaging & test the sturdiness of each buttons.If any button feels loose then don't accept it.Rest shouldn't be a problem.If you have a bigger budget then go in for some good Logitech gamepad.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well you could.Infact I completed the Demo with only Keyboard controls.Though I couldn't defeat the boss as it requires quick combos to be executed but after some practice I guess you can work it out.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Each to his own I guess.I myself am a Keyboard+Mouse addict.But there are time when the navigation requires the use of a controller.I, personally can't imagine a person playing POP series or rest of the third person games with Mouse+Keyboard.May be they are so attached to it that they might just think of some or the other way to play that game even without a gamepad.

But at some point we must realise that a Gamepad is there for a purpose & that if for some games to actually make use of it.Plus let's face it, it's not only the Third person games which use it but Racing titles, Flight titles & sports titles also are pretty good with a gamepad.It doesn't mandate the use of a controller but it's best suitable for this game.And it's not like you can't afford a controller these day.Also why do you think only this title would require it? You have Grid which you can enjoy on a gamepad.Plus lots of other future titles.

Then again it's your call & I can only suggest.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.