Watch out for these Upcoming PC Games For 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night-Rider

Journeyman
DMC4?? Its awesome game man. I am at 12th Mission where we get to play as Dante. I get 120 FPS on my rig all the time. Its beautifully optimized and looks damn good than the consoles. Do get it. U'll regret if u don't get it. It has outstanding gameplay. When i got this game i stopped playing COD4 and now i have started playing DMC4. Its that good.

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Yes i am playing with a gamepad. It depends on player that he'll like it or not. If u want to try it out then first try the demo and then buy the game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
People who have played & liked it, my advice is get the official soundtrack too.It's simply awesome.I am back to playing DMC 3 now.

BTW just for a small update Flatout Carnage is out now.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@NightRider: Ur config is Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53Ghz, ABIT IP35-E, GeCube ATI HD 4850, 2GB Transcend 800Mhz RAM, 80GB Seagate SATA, Corsair VX450W Power Supply.

is ur 450 watt psu running ur card perfectly...:confused: r u facing ne problems ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^ROFL! Dude that's a Corsair you're talking about.That Corsair has 33A on a single +12V line & it can easily handle the ATI 4870 too.Not to mention beating the CM Extreme 600W.:D

ajaybc

Youngling
The Cut scenes are the highlight of DMC4.I haven't seen such cool cut scenes in any game before.
btw I play with the Keyboard

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The cut-scenes have always been an highlight in all DMC games.The only cut-scene I hated in DMC 4 was the one where Dante decides to do a tango session with Agnus.It was ridiculous.:D

Night-Rider

Journeyman
@NightRider: Ur config is Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53Ghz, ABIT IP35-E, GeCube ATI HD 4850, 2GB Transcend 800Mhz RAM, 80GB Seagate SATA, Corsair VX450W Power Supply.

is ur 450 watt psu running ur card perfectly...:confused: r u facing ne problems ?
I haven't have had any problems. This PSU has 85% efficiency. Corsair usually underrates its PSUs. It can provide upto 570W power.
Look at this.
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/540

As we mentioned, this product is identical to Antec EarthWatts 500 W, but using better capacitors – it was really good to see Japanese capacitors on an entry-level product –, a better-looking housing (black vs. standard grey), a better cooling system (120-mm fan vs. 80-mm fan) and more power plugs (six peripheral power plugs vs. three; six SATA power plugs vs. three). But Antec EarthWatts has as a big advantage coming with two video card *forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=269223#power cables. In fact this is the only problem with this product from Corsair: if you want to use two video cards in SLI or CrossFire modes you will need to use an adaptor to convert a standard peripheral power plug into a 6-pin auxiliary video card power plug. Being in fact a 570 W product, it can easily feed two video cards. So don't think that u can run 4850 on any 450W PSU.

^ROFL! Dude that's a Corsair you're talking about.That Corsair has 33A on a single +12V line & it can easily handle the ATI 4870 too.Not to mention beating the CM Extreme 600W.:D
+1

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
mm impressive...I havent seen anything above 25.

How is Flatout series, I havent played any. Gamespot still has to rate it. PSP version has been reated 7.5. Lets try the PSP one first....:)

I have played Flatout 1 on PC last year.The graphics,damage etc. were spectacular.The reviews say that ultimate carnage also has great grpx and damage system.But I dont think anybody wud like it after playing GRID.
I still remember the mission in FO 1 where we had to throw the driver out of the windshield to score points.The higher and longer u throw the more points u get.That was unique and great fun.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mm impressive...I havent seen anything above 25.

How is Flatout series, I havent played any. Gamespot still has to rate it. PSP version has been reated 7.5. Lets try the PSP one first....:)
From the very little that I have played it seems to be pretty good.It has one of the best object collision physics for a racing game.The graphic for Flat out 2 were pretty decent.Gameplay was usually fast paced & you'll have a lot of fun crashing into the opponents.I saw a few gameplay videos of Carnage & it seemed like a direct rip off from Burnout minus the takedowns.I'll try & get it tonight & hopefully let you guys know by tomorrow as to how it is.;)

Offtopic question here-How future proof is 8800 GTS G92 512 MB SLI with upcoming games?
It should easily pull off with a lot of games.If Alan Wake doesn't turn out to be huge muncher then rest of the crop should be fine.SLI is a big advantage for you.Also depends on what resolutions you plan to play at which will determine their scaling too.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just got back from a single race event of Flat Out Carnage.First a few screenshots:
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20425_dukcd/1.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20426_q1vjw/2.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20427_kkvff/3.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20428_ycmjy/4.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20429_x2esf/5.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20430_biyac/6.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20431_su1p9/7.jpg

Now my thoughts:
Well I just played a small amount of it & the gameplay seems totally fun.The worse part, it's badly optimised.Yes folks it butchered my rig with 17-24 Fps with everything on high @1280x1024 & full AF.Add to the injury it lacked AA which was a serious disappointment & as you can see from the screenshots it's very much noticeable.The car handling is pretty easy & seems responsive.The menu style looks like a complete burnout rip off.The ragdoll physics are awesome & pretty much everything you bump into will come in your way sooner or later.Car damage is also pretty good but nothing compared to GriD.It would have turned out to be a good title if only the optimisation was done properly.Flat Out 2 ran super smooth on my rig & had pretty much the same effects & almost near graphical quality to this game.Hence am a bit disappointed with it's performance.I will try it again when I get my 4850 though.Hopefully it will feel a lot better.But it's fun & for those who have almost ripped off their hair trying to control GriD cars, this would be a good change.:D

ajaybc

Youngling
I just completed DMC4 with a keyboard.There is a bonus video for u to unlock if u beat the mini time trial when the credits roll up in the end.
The last 20% of the game has some Hardcore Rajni Kanth rated action.(Eg.Dante shoots the handle of a sword with six bullets one behind the other and that while flying in the air around 200m from the ground).

I have heard a similar story frm a Rajni Kanth movie before.In that Rajni has only one bullet and a blade and there are 2 baddies to be taken care of.So Rajni throws the blade first and then shoots on with his gun.

Can u guess what happens????

The bullet hits the blade,splits into two,one half hits the first goonda and the other half on the other goonda.:D
Now that was some high octane action.:)

Some prob here.Don't wanna start a new thread so shooting here.I could not find any branded gamepad around me so bought a local one.I'm on Vista and when I try it in Control Panel it works.But it doesn't when I play GRID.Maybe coz I have the RIPped version.Please help.It is a PnP gamepad,no drivers included.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If it's the local one then you would probably need to manually configure it in the controls part.It won't auto configure the controls.You won't need the driver disc too as these controller's have drivers only for the vibration feature to work.I got mine working by manually configuring it from within the game's menu & it worked flawlessly.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Just got back from a single race event of Flat Out Carnage.First a few screenshots:
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20425_dukcd/1.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20426_q1vjw/2.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20427_kkvff/3.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20428_ycmjy/4.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20429_x2esf/5.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20430_biyac/6.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/20431_su1p9/7.jpg

Now my thoughts:
Well I just played a small amount of it & the gameplay seems totally fun.The worse part, it's badly optimised.Yes folks it butchered my rig with 17-24 Fps with everything on high @1280x1024 & full AF.Add to the injury it lacked AA which was a serious disappointment & as you can see from the screenshots it's very much noticeable.The car handling is pretty easy & seems responsive.The menu style looks like a complete burnout rip off.The ragdoll physics are awesome & pretty much everything you bump into will come in your way sooner or later.Car damage is also pretty good but nothing compared to GriD.It would have turned out to be a good title if only the optimisation was done properly.Flat Out 2 ran super smooth on my rig & had pretty much the same effects & almost near graphical quality to this game.Hence am a bit disappointed with it's performance.I will try it again when I get my 4850 though.Hopefully it will feel a lot better.But it's fun & for those who have almost ripped off their hair trying to control GriD cars, this would be a good change.:D

where did u get the game from:!::!:

Status
Not open for further replies.