TIKONA Broadband Review

vijeshjain

Right off the assembly line
Oh, stop being melodramatic now. Things are going in your favor. You know you can still sue them for causing such mental agony to you. Consult a lawyer if you want.

As i said it is only a ray of hope . Picture abhi baki hai mere yaar. When TIKONA (The Triangle with No EXIT) called me I asked for a "no dues letter". I did not tell them to do any full and final settlement. I have therefore replied and again clarified in writing that there is no full and final settlement since there is no money involved for using 1 month services after paying for 6 months in advance. I have the cash rct for the same. Therefore I need no dues letter for satisfaction. If they fail to do so, I am planning to move to consumer court since, after TIOKONA people took away their equipments, i installed airtel connection. And that is enough proof that I have not used TIKONA (the Triangle with no EXIT) services. I have other evidences also. I am planning to take leave form my office to settle this issue to its logical conclusion.

RajGupt

I find Tikona good if I compare it with other internet service providers. I have a good experience with speed and connectivity. Plans are a good value for what you pay.. However, I must say this, that they have improved a lot in terms of customer service.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
On what infrastructure/technology does Tikona Broadband work? They have a device on the rooftop (im guessing its a modem) which is connected via fibre cable (right?) to one of two RJ-45 sockets on one side of a low power adapter. The other socket is connected to my router (or a PC). The other side of the adapter is connected to power.
That modem sends/receives signals to/from a communications tower (cellular tower?) & I keep it always on. Is this Wi-Max?

vijeshjain

Tikona people did not keep their words. Now they say they will consider issuing full and final and account closure letter only after I pay Rs. 983. Initially they promised me on the phone that they will send the letter by courier (letter subject to payment rs. 983) It was a surprise for me given my past exp with the company. I smelled a rat. And then they sent me a bill saying I have to pay 983 rs. No mention of full and final and account closure. Now today they called and said they will send the scanned copy as they have no tie up with any courier compnay and they do not use any courier services. Late evening they again called up saying they never agreed to issue any letter whatsoever. If I pay 983 rs. they will consider issuing any such letter. I had all along expected this only. It is in the nature of the company and their business strategy. They don't want to leave the "stressed over preys" without paying for long time and keep extorting money.

BEWARE TIKONA (Triangle with no EXIT)

A

ankittiwari2040

I have been using Tikona Wibro in Mumbai at My home for last 6 7 Months. I have unifi 39999 plan and I am able to get 3.3 mbps most of time and occasionally reaching to 3.8 Mbps .
Recently , when I complained regarding connectivity , I was assured a call back in 1 Hrs .As per my past experience I wasn't expecting any response but I got a Call back from them in 15 minutes .The calling person was a Tech guy who asked to give problem details and restart laptop and still it not worked then he assure to send a Technician at Home . The technician came in the evening and replace device on my rooftop. I am thankfull to this guys as they worked on issue immediately, previously I used MTNL connection and their service was pathetic , call center guys were very rude, and engineer used to after 24 hrs and that also after calling him may times.

joseph1475

New to this forum
Tikona is worst network as had experienced, that on demo day
it was OK and WiFi got full signal and they took 2 months
+ installation charges as advance.
After 2 hours no signal at all(yellow mark singal).
I called to local person whom I met for connection and there is no result.
The person number is always switch off,evening it will ring and he says battery was low so switch off.
then I called to Tikona customer support they arranged a call back but for my surprise the person again given me the same persons number who had given me connection .
next day i called him again,not answering my call.
That day, i had taken off from my office for this purpous and wasted half day talking to ur customer care.
Dear friends never go for this .
After continuous call to Customer Care and threat that i am going to leave it and no payment and 20 mins of shouting etc. Then they fix the connection and again at the end/middle/anytime the problem starts....daily i am fighting with customer care.

satyendra91

I just terminated my connection in month of July . Still i got bill for the month of August .
My Tikona ID : 1113638262 . I am going for Consumer forum in Bangalore . These guys are not helping his customer
.Its india and they think they can do what they want . But here they are not seeing that doing this they only loses the trust of customer .

The company is running due to customer only , I think they need to learn this lesson .

I already gathered all the info need to file a consumer course . I only advice you people go file a consumer case and file a compensation for all the troubled you make .

My advice is never go for Tikona . If you had already took it then you are in trap .

Hope someone will learn from my experience

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Actually Tikona's connection depends on your location. Their device gets signal from a nearby tower so if you live at a high altitude & there are no buildings in between then the connection will run as guaranteed. Although I agree about its pathetic customer service. They have employed Kids who did some course from ITI & have little to no knowledge about computer networking. They are what Tikona calls Engineers when they send them!
My flat is on 2nd floor of 3 floors and there are buildings in between. I've used it for 3 years & have made around 300-400 customer care calls.
Whereas my brother lives at 5th floor & his is the only apartment building in locality. His connection is running smoothly for about a year now with no complaints. He laughs at my current BSNL situation where I'm paying ₹1650/- pm regularly & getting responses from CC that "Sir ab kal Ram Navmi/Sunday hai jiski wajah se chhutti h to kal to nhi thik ho paega apka connecton" (Tomorrow is holiday on account of Ram Navmi/Sunday so your connection issue can't be resolved, wait more).
Also, I'm having issues during peak hours in the evening-night my connection slows down considerably, I'm on ₹1445/- plan (2Mbps 20GB - 1Mbps unlimited afterwards)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prashanthiware

Tikona - Pathetic service and no accountability.
Got connection on 08 September 2016. Paid Rs 1000 online for 4 MBPS, 50 GB plan. It worked with the worst possible speed (0 to 190 kbps) on that day.*
And no internet since 09 September 2016.
Called customer care twice. Still issue not resolved.*

But Tikona doesn't stop to harass the customer at any level.
Received the below message today - 14 Sep 2016.
"You have consumed data upto FUP limit and Post FUP speed is applied as per your plan. To boost your speed or upgrade your plan, log-on to*selfcare.tikona.in"

On Tikona website it is showing 59984 MB as my balance.

User id: 1119204519
Plan: BF_F4MPRE
BAN: 130991329

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Tikona - Pathetic service and no accountability.
Got connection on 08 September 2016. Paid Rs 1000 online for 4 MBPS, 50 GB plan. It worked with the worst possible speed (0 to 190 kbps) on that day.*
And no internet since 09 September 2016.
Called customer care twice. Still issue not resolved.*

But Tikona doesn't stop to harass the customer at any level.
Received the below message today - 14 Sep 2016.
"You have consumed data upto FUP limit and Post FUP speed is applied as per your plan. To boost your speed or upgrade your plan, log-on to*selfcare.tikona.in"

On Tikona website it is showing 59984 MB as my balance.

User id: 1119204519
Plan: BF_F4MPRE
BAN: 130991329

Problem with Tikona is the technology they use, its not reliable and need regular intervention to work smoothly. You need to know how to adjust their antenna to get proper signal and also how to make sure you can reach their servers, as most of the time its simply calibration issues.

Tikona has good customer support system but they lack internal co-ordination. I have used Tikona, like you it was always headache however, once I found local SUPPORT head's number, everything was cool then.

Also, always make complaint through email and then next day call customer care with complaint number allotted to each mail you send, you will get it resolved quite fast.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I wonder why people in this Forum goes in for Tikon@ after reading so much negative reviews!??!

Top Bottom