TIKONA Broadband Review

reniarahim1

Youngling
Avoid it...Use to hear lot of issues with their service in my company discussion board. they will give the connection irrespective of feasibility check and will ask you to pay 3 months in advance. So your 3 months rent is gone without any service available. if if you ask them to disconnect the service they will keep on sending the bills..

techbulb

eUREKA...
i live in jaipur i just got tikona about 10 days ago its working very good speed is 2mbps according to my plan no disconnections . one day the electricity was gone so the modem shut and after electricity came it did not started again so i called the person who came to install the service he told some things to do and when it did not get started, he said to call customer service i called after waiting 10 min they picked and told that technical service man will come in 48 hrs after that i checked the connection line by myself again and found that a wire was lose that was it, i adjusted it was working very good the next day man who did the installation came due to my complaint i told them i fixed it myself but it was a quick fix and the small box was broken so they replaced it no questions asked.( actually the wire was lose because the maid dropped the small box while cleaning my room so its good uptill now atleast in jaipur )i give it 4 stars if anyother problems arise i will post

Last edited:

shashankm

I reign hell..
Tikona is improving atleast in Delhi..they've got few connections here in my area and seemingly doing just good.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Avoid it like the plague. You might get decent speeds in the beginning but as the number of users starts to increase, you'll watch in despair as your connection grinds to a halt. The CC is useless; you'll wait for 10 minutes (at least) before someone speaks to you. I was given the usual 'network issue' excuse every time. Finally after my fifth or so complaint, they sent an engineer who found nothing wrong with the connection.

Decided to get rid of it.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Avoid it like the plague. You might get decent speeds in the beginning but as the number of users starts to increase, you'll watch in despair as your connection grinds to a halt. The CC is useless; you'll wait for 10 minutes (at least) before someone speaks to you. I was given the usual 'network issue' excuse every time. Finally after my fifth or so complaint, they sent an engineer who found nothing wrong with the connection.

Decided to get rid of it.

Yeah, I completely agree. At usual time though the speed is good, but at peak time it suffers a lot. For example where I stay, mostly IT professional stay there. So the peak hours there is 8 p.m to 12 or 1 clock. Sometime speed really sucks at this time.

We have no option other than tikona, so we have to stick to it. :-( . Airtel said no more open connection there or something like that. BSNL will take ages. Will not rely on Reliance.

dinesh_fms

Right off the assembly line
i live in jaipur i just got tikona about 10 days ago its working very good speed is 2mbps according to my plan no disconnections . one day the electricity was gone so the modem shut and after electricity came it did not started again so i called the person who came to install the service he told some things to do and when it did not get started, he said to call customer service i called after waiting 10 min they picked and told that technical service man will come in 48 hrs after that i checked the connection line by myself again and found that a wire was lose that was it, i adjusted it was working very good the next day man who did the installation came due to my complaint i told them i fixed it myself but it was a quick fix and the small box was broken so they replaced it no questions asked.( actually the wire was lose because the maid dropped the small box while cleaning my room so its good uptill now atleast in jaipur )i give it 4 stars if anyother problems arise i will post

Hii,

I live in Jaipur....I am thinking about availiing Tikona's broadband services....Kindly share with me ur experience as its user...

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am getting desired speed and can't complain except they don't point FUP LIMIT still can cross 3 times limit of fup at night full speed during day it's okay half speed

ajinkyax

TIKONA suck. I used it in past. Speed is alsways going down. and if its raining consider no internet whole day.

And even after disconnecting, they will send you bills. And then they will do harassment over phone to pay you bills even though if you have tikona or not.

Not a bad ISP but not a very good one also. Though I will keep it above Airtel, Reliance,Tata, BSNL but every now and then it disconnects. and I have to restart it. But I am getting what I opted for. I enjoy my 10GB at 2 Mbps and then unlimited @ 750 Kbps. And installation is seamless. I don't need a landline phone like BSNL. Plans are really good if you choose them wisely. And sometimes I get 2Mbps even if i have crossed my 10GB limit :-D.

I don't know why there are so many negative comments. I am from varanasi and there is no airtel here, however when i look at their plans they don't attract me one bit.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I was doing research on Tikona and got this thread.. As i started reading post i had completely changed my mind of shifting to Tikona Broadband but then i noticed most of the Anti-Tikona post are done by users which have only 1 or 2 posts on thinkdigit forum.. ahhh :O have they only registered to review Tikona
I dont think so.. It luk like a person/organisation is doing this..

hehe now i am again confused to choose b/w Tikona and Airtel in Delhi

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I was doing research on Tikona and got this thread.. As i started reading post i had completely changed my mind of shifting to Tikona Broadband but then i noticed most of the Anti-Tikona post are done by users which have only 1 or 2 posts on thinkdigit forum.. ahhh :O have they only registered to review Tikona
I dont think so.. It luk like a person/organisation is doing this..

hehe now i am again confused to choose b/w Tikona and Airtel in Delhi

go for tikona , PM me for choosing the best plan.

vijeshjain

I went for Tikona BB so called pre-paid connection more than a year back. I went for 3500 Rs. 6 months unlimited connection with advance payment. I was attracted by low price. I really made a major mistake of my life. It worked well for a month. After that it was almost dead. Customer care did not help. I asked for refund. No one listened in the customer care. After expiry of 6 months they asked for renewal of 6 months further by paying another 3500 Rs. I refused to renew and asked to refund 5 months money and disconnect. They took their equipments back. After that they kept sending me bills. I contacted customer care but it seems they are all trained for a organized extortion syndicate. Then was the nightmare. I got some criminally motivated calls for extortion. I have no way to prove these calls were from Tikona officially. But it is understood. Although I noted down all the numbers of these nasty calls. Later they kept on sending the bills by courier also to my home and email id. This is a well thought mental torture strategy. They will keep building the bill amount to mount even greater mental pressure. Now they say the amount have gone above Rs. 10000/-. I am sure some of the customer are getting into this trap. In between they hire some criminals to call you to settle the ever building amount with time. I can only say, please B E W A R E. Don’’t get into the low price trap. It is a hell out there.......

vijeshjain

I had my nasty story with TIKONA a few days back which ruined my daily life for last few months handing extortion calls from TIKONA. today they called me after I posted on this site.

Called me to ask why they were not able to help me till date and kept harassing me. They promised that they will try not to harass me further. I said there is no question of TRY they must not harass any person with bills and nasty calls who are not their customers. I asked for a No Dues Letter in writing which must be sent within a reasonable time. They promised they will do something about it.

I will keep you posted whether they are ready to shun with the extortionist attitude.

Cheers

I had shared a nasty story with TIKONA and my exp with them which ruined my daily life for last few months handing extortion calls from TIKONA. today they called me after I posted on this site.

Called me to ask why they were not able to help me till date and kept harassing me. They promised that they will try not to harass me further. I said there is no question of TRY they must not harass any person with bills and nasty calls who are not their customers. I asked for a No Dues Letter in writing which must be sent within a reasonable time. They promised they will do something about it.

I will keep you posted whether they are ready to shun with the extortionist attitude.

Cheers

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
this is the main difference between a telephone call to CC & forums/social media sites.

Cause when you receive a call, you(the customer) & the caller(the service provider) knows about information shared. but when you use a forum/social media sites the potential customers also sees these posts. This is a persistent record about the companies reputation.

@vijeshjain nice to know this post helped you.

vijeshjain

Its a good news that a post in this thread helped you some way. Keep us posted.

A ray of hope has been originated in writing from TIKONA (TRIAGLE WITH NO EXIT). I received a mail from Mr Puranik, who called me today and I explained to him that his parents must have told him at least once that "Honesty is not such a bad things" and one must not ruin his or her life for petty sum doing highly unethical things just to retain job. The email which came to me in writing is as follows -

Dear Mr. Jain,

Greetings from Tikona!

This is with reference to your E-mail regarding full and final settlement request. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As discuss with you over the phone,

We would like to inform you that, your full and final settlement request has been forwarded to the billing department for necessary action.

We will get back to you within 72 working hour.

In case of any further assistance, please call us at 1800 20 94276 or email us at customercare@tikona.in.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services.

Regards,
Omkar Puranik.
Tikona Care
W: Tikona Wireless Broadband Plans | Internet Services Provider | Broadband Plans, Wi-Fi plans high quality

But this ray of hope which is a feeble light out of this NO EXIT TRAINGLE is the result of 6 month agony of someone's greed for green bucks and our law and order system in this country, where corporate first justified "money recovery system" for genuine credit card recovery citing slow Indian legal system and then used the same recovery mechanism to use on fabricated (or created artificial recovery) recoveries. This is the next level of malaise. Just for the knowledge of readers, Malaysia does not even allow the first level of credit card recovery mechanism through private channels. India is now graduating into using this accepted private recovery channels on bogus recoveries (example in this case). BEWARE INDIA BEWARE they are prowling to create havoc on middle class to pay for services not used or face fabricated court summons, police action and limit or things is endless bullying tactics.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Oh, stop being melodramatic now. Things are going in your favor. You know you can still sue them for causing such mental agony to you. Consult a lawyer if you want.

Top Bottom