The Windows Mobile Thread

ashs1

Padawan
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Guys..I am planning on replacing my Xperia L with a Windows Handset in the near future..
Can i pls get these queries answered ? :)

1. is there a Lumia 725 device on the way ? if yes, any expected time of arrival ?
2. I regularly use my mobile for watching videos/movies. Is there any excellent Video player ( like MX player of playstore ) that can handle all formats ? ( preferably free :p )
3. The last time i checked out the windows store on my friend's 520 was last year ( around June). At that time, i found the appstore a bit lacking. Has it improved much now ? :)

Thanks. :)

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0

Guys..I am planning on replacing my Xperia L with a Windows Handset in the near future..

1. is there a Lumia 725 device on the way ? if yes, any expected time of arrival ?
2. I regularly use my mobile for watching videos/movies. Is there any excellent Video player ( like MX player of playstore ) that can handle all formats ? ( preferably free :p )
3. The last time i checked out the windows store on my friend's 520 was last year ( around June). At that time, i found the appstore a bit lacking. Has it improved much now ? :)

1. Don't know
2. Yes MoliPlayer works similar to mx player on play store but it is a paid app and worth every penny.
3.App store has definitely improved and is improving day by day. You can also try Lumia 525 (the successor to Lumia 520)

Shah

Cyborg Agent

1. Forget 725. 730 might be on its way.
2. Buy MoliPlayer or Wait for VLC
3. Almost 500 apps are added to the WP Store everyday, as per a recent news.

ashs1

Padawan

1. Don't know
2. Yes MoliPlayer works similar to mx player on play store but it is a paid app and worth every penny.
3.App store has definitely improved and is improving day by day. You can also try Lumia 525 (the successor to Lumia 520)

The main reason i went for Xperia L was because it had good specs & a reportedly fantastic 8MP camera. So far, the Camera's performance has been somewhat of a disappointment in low-light conditions. :(
I may have gone with Lumia 720 instead which has a terrific camera, but i think i'll wait for its successor.

1. Forget 725. 730 might be on its way.
2. Buy MoliPlayer or Wait for VLC
3. Almost 500 apps are added to the WP Store everyday, as per a recent news.

730 ?? wasn't that one of the earliest windows phone ?
Nice to know that the appstore is getting bigger & better. :)

wait till microsoft reveals about windows phone 8.1 next month.

Will wait for sure...If i'll be going be for a windows phone, it'll probably be a 720 successor or any other which has a great camera( sub 20k) :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent

730 ?? wasn't that one of the earliest windows phone ?

Yeah, I forgot about that. With 630 and 930 on their way, I thought the 720's successor will be named 730. But, I hope it will named 7xy where x=2 or 3 and y!=0

reniarahim1

Youngling

Windows Phone 8.1 is official, here are the new features - GSMArena.com news

- - - Updated - - -

get the launch notes live @ *www.gsmarena.com/check_out_the_microsoft_build_conference_livestream_right_here-news-8195.php

Pasapa

Live to die another day

Yep, micromax is gonna make wp. Love those new features especially cortanna.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

We get a file picker though. good enough for me.
And this is an awesome update.
Waiting for April 10th :D

sunil.001

Broken In

Waiting for 10th April :bananana:

Anyone having idea of file sharing(Video) through Wifi Direct in Window Phone 8.1?
Is it coming?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Start screen with custom wallpaper + parallax effect is awesome.. :thumbs:
With Windows Phone 8.1 could one set an wallpaper for home-screen without those tiles running at background? I am not talking about lock-screen.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

That's good, but still I don't know why there isn't an option to disable the tiles and have it only when you want, by clicking on an icon or something. I always love an wallpaper in full on home-screen :(
Seems like another thing I will miss from Android :|