ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Fb messenger app is available finally!
Its really good. Better than the stupid msoft fb app

- - - Updated - - -

All signs point to an an official fb app made by fb coming soon! :D

Now that FB is coming into the fold.. which is great ... only google are left and that is not going to happen until WP hits at least 10-15% market share

The next thing on my wishlist is an outlook app and a ymail app

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Fb messenger app is available finally!
Its really good. Better than the stupid msoft fb app

- - - Updated - - -

All signs point to an an official fb app made by fb coming soon! :D

Now that FB is coming into the fold.. which is great ... only google are left and that is not going to happen until WP hits at least 10-15% market share

The next thing on my wishlist is an outlook app and a ymail app

I would really love to see an Official Facebook App and an Official Facebook Pages Manager.

FB Messenger works fine. Except push notifications. Am not receiving push notifications. :/

No, battery saver isn't on.
Yes, background tasks show Messenger in the list although its ghosted.
Yes, notifications in the Messenger app is on.

I only get toasts when Messenger is in the foreground.

- - - Updated - - -

Did a phone reset. Fixed the issue. :D

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz

Is the Lumia 720 been discontinued?
Asked a few local dealers....all saying its discontinued. Only Nokia priority had it for ~ 16.5 K

reniarahim1

Youngling

Dont think so. Its available at flipkart also.

Mobiles - Buy Mobiles Online at Best Prices in India - Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Windows Phone 8.5 already in the works

Flash

Lost in speed

8.5 - Is that real?
8.1 is yet to be revealed, and straight jump to 8.5 version? (no 8.2/.3/.4?)

Piyush

Lanaya

Need help.

I want to transfer contact details, SMSs and similar data to my android device. The contacts on my SIM were esily transfered. But what about the SMS and other contacts which were saved in phone memory?

Piyush

Lanaya

And how to delete multiple contacts from 520

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Need help.

I want to transfer contact details, SMSs and similar data to my android device. The contacts on my SIM were esily transfered. But what about the SMS and other contacts which were saved in phone memory?

SMS is gone for good. Contacts will also be present in your Gmail contacts since you had an android phone. Just use your hotmail/MS account that you use on the WP phone to import them onto your MS account. The phone will pick it up automatically in a little time :)

Flash

Lost in speed

Yep. 8.5 will be launched only after 8.1,
No. I meant from 8.1 to 8.5..

- - - Updated - - -

Need help.

You can use "Transfer my data" in WP to copy contacts/sms too..

- - - Updated - - -

And how to delete multiple contacts from 520
At present, you can't delete multiple contacts from any WP if am correct. You've to edit each and every one. :|

Piyush

Lanaya

You can use "Transfer my data" in WP to copy contacts/sms too..

- - - Updated - - -

At present, you can't delete multiple contacts from any WP if am correct. You've to edit each and every one. :|
Ok will check that
---
174 contacts :(

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Ok will check that
---
174 contacts :(

You can, if you use the import to hotmail method i pointed our above... Just tick all the contacts you want to keep and delete the rest. I had over 500 contacts that I pruned to the less than 100 i needed just like that :)

And you can have contacts appearing directly even from gmail if you want, and if you dont want to go through importing the contacts to hotmail/live account - without any hard work. Its amazing that a lot of people never see this options...

Phonebook > swipe the three dots to get to settings > add an account . Now inside the add an account, select that you also want to sync contacts from this account and your're done. If you have already added the gmail account, possibly for your mails, then instead of add an account, just tap on the google account in the list and select that you want to sync contacts.

If you selectively want to hide people from a single/multiple account, then :-
Phonebook > swipe the three dots to get to settings > filter my contact list.

That easy :)

Messaging/Contacts is at the heart of WP. There is nothing that even comes close.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

nokia refocus app is now available for all lumia devices.
source : Nokia Refocus | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
i haven't tried it though.

ish0017

Right off the assembly line

i was wondering which phone to get for myself. i really like the 1520, cause seriously it's a desirable phone. but it's also too big, bigger than note 3!! and that is the issue...so i was wondering to whether go for it or go for handy 1020?? confused:-?

ithehappy

Human Spambot

If size is a matter then absolutely don't go for the 1520. I had that situation myself, when I upgraded from S2 to Note 2, I thought that I would be able to get settled with it. But nope, I was wrong. It was just not for me. Too huge. So had to buy S4. Now I know what's the ideal size for me.
However, a huge plus point of Nokia is the build quality, I mean you won't have to bother about the accidental drops and thus further damages. 1020 is big too, but manageable. I personally am waiting for a Lumia Icon competitor, when MS will announce one next month. It better be good :|

Flash

Lost in speed

Angry Birds Rio now available for free, includes new levels and content! | Windows Phone Central

:clap2:

- - - Updated - - -

*www.wpcentral.com/super-polygon-deceptive-puzzle-game-windows-phone-8