The Whining/Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, toofan_nainital has been miserabled by Raaabo. I just want to know that is that Permanent or for a period. AFAIK many people have been miserabled permanently. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showgroups.php amd64_man2005 being one of them and still he hasn't got any reason from Raaabo.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=44514
As I can see, his Title is: Kicked back by Raaabo...seems to me kinda funny

And the reason probably is this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=961336&postcount=23 Or it was something else?? :confused:

Toofan_nainital was just joking. Some things are meant to be taken lightly, not to be taken seriously, but then........

All I want to know is whether the ban is permanent or temp.??

slugger

Banned
Toofan_nainital was sounding irritating in that thread

kept on mispronouncing a forum member's handle on purpose and his statements against him too were pretty immature...unless you are 13

Raaabo is an employee of that publication and putting the blame solely on him for the fault of the organisation is lame

how difficult would it have been to post it under a different admin's name

action justitifed

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़

kept on mispronouncing a forum member's handle on purpose and his statements against him too were pretty immature...unless you are 13

Raaabo is an employee of that publication and putting the blame solely on him for the fault of the organisation is lame

action justitifed

Lets keep this issue aside. I wonder if Raaabo is the ONLY person in the organization. I know he was not in comfortable health, and I sympathize with his sufferings and wish him earliest recovery. However, how come not a single other person from the organization could do the work. How exclusive was that work that Raaabo's absense completely crashed it? His ire was justified. But I have no idea about how he voiced his ire. So no comments on that.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

action justitifed
Irritating indeed I agree.......

I've just asked is that a permanent ban or temporary ban?.....Moderators?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well if it says "In Shameful Misery" his account still exists and he is just suspended. If it says "Banned" then the account exists but he is permanently banned. And if it says "Guest" and the Posts count show 'n/a' then he is permanently banned and the account is deleted from the database and cannot be reused.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if it says "In Shameful Misery" his account still exists and he is just suspended. If it says "Banned" then the account exists but he is permanently banned. And if it says "Guest" and the Posts count show 'n/a' then he is permanently banned and the account is deleted from the database and cannot be reused.
Amd64_man2005....."In shameful misery" till eternity........:/

Accounts can be 'Banned' for a small period too.

Anyways, being banned or miserabled is more or less the same thing.

slugger

Banned
...However, how come not a single other person from the organization could do the work. How exclusive was that work that Raaabo's absense completely crashed it? His ire was justified.
+1
sumbody else from the magazine should have created an admin account and posted that. Raaabo is not at fault IMO

Well, there was this troll in the PES09 vs FIFA09 thread who was harrasing me and other 3-4 members and so I asked him to f*ck off and I got banned for 5 days and not him! This forum is really strange.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
If you thought people were harassing you, you should have reported the post. Who gave you the right to sling abuses onto people? I'm banning this user permanently, as you are trying to circumvent your ban. And if i catch you with another ID, ill permanently ban your old ID.

narangz

Web developer
Why is the thread on Punjab locked? Did anyone attack anyone in that thread?

I don't care anymore about why a user is banned, why a thread is locked as this forum sucks these days but locking a thread which belongs to the Punjabis is just not fair.

Hitboxx said:
And besides, you get uncensored space :p

Really? Were you or anyone else attacked in that thread? :rolleyes:

Also show me the rule which says creating threads on states can lead to closure of that thread.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
See the irony. There is no mechanism to prevent spammers from making useless posts/threads. But responsible members who want to minimize the spam and help admin/mods by reporting such posts are discouraged by messages like that.
This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 110 seconds.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Why is the thread on Punjab locked? Did anyone attack anyone in that thread?

I don't care anymore about why a user is banned, why a thread is locked as this forum sucks these days but locking a thread which belongs to the Punjabis is just not fair.

Really? Were you or anyone else attacked in that thread? :rolleyes:

Also show me the rule which says creating threads on states can lead to closure of that thread.

It wasn't locked because anyone was attacked or because it belonged to Punjabis. It was locked because now there is already a Social Group feature on our forum and it is made for such discussions. Hence it was inappropriate to continue it in the Chit-Chat section (even though the name says Chit-Chat, it still should be related to technology).

Plus as he said, the Social Group section is unmoderated. So you can talk whatever you want there (well, almost whatever).

Don't take it as a personal offence. He is only doing his duty. He hasn't got any grudge against any Punjabi whatsoever. :)

narangz

Web developer
It wasn't locked because anyone was attacked or because it belonged to Punjabis. It was locked because now there is already a Social Group feature on our forum and it is made for such discussions. Hence it was inappropriate to continue it in the Chit-Chat section (even though the name says Chit-Chat, it still should be related to technology).

Plus as he said, the Social Group section is unmoderated. So you can talk whatever you want there (well, almost whatever).

Don't take it as a personal offence. He is only doing his duty. He hasn't got any grudge against any Punjabi whatsoever. :)

I never took anything personal on this forum. This time it IS personal.

1. Where it is written that Chit Chat should only have tech related threads? The description of Chit Chat Section is:
Anything that doesn’t fit into the other sections—from upcoming technology to personal anecdotes—should be posted here

2. Show me the rule which says you can't have thread like that in Chit Chat? If you want only tech related threads in Chit Chat then why many other so called "useless" threads are growing? All the forums have a general discussion section.

3. Social Group? Well we have many sites for that purpose- orkut, twitter, facebook, myspace & tons of others. Then why in the world do we need a forum at all. Define the term "forum".

4. Why are you speaking on his behalf? How do you know he is doing his duty and has no grudge against Punjabis? Let him reply. :)

Hitboxx said:
Omg guys, such a long thread on individualism, how come I never came across this thread :O.

1. Individualism?

2. Well, no one before you ever had any problem with such threads. AFAIK, that thread was created before you were made a mod (21-08-2007).

swatkat

Technomancer
@narangz,
The thread on Punjab was not the only one which was locked. Look at the link posted by Hitboxx in his post there. He has given few valid reasons over there. It's not that such threads can't be started in Chit Chat section, but user-groups are more suitable area for such regional discussions. By this, the general forum will be region-neutral and will appeal to larger audiences.

narangz

Web developer
I've already read his post in the other thread. Instead of locking both these threads he could have suggested the use of groups. I can't see any valid reason behind the closure of both the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom