The Whining/Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I too wonder the same. Perhaps those who don't get banned are 'friends' of moderators.

Leave it guyz, don't bother these so called moderators. Don't expect them to be fair enough. They WILL do what they feel like, not what should actually be done.

Don't waste your time convincing them, instead find a new place devoid of these 'moderators'.
OH spare me the BS, you come once in a winter moon to post in this thread and tell others what to do, much less accuse us mods of patronising. Please don't.

People who know us, know us.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
OH spare me the BS, you come once in a winter moon to post in this thread and tell others what to do, much less accuse us mods of patronising. Please don't.

People who know us, know us.
Look, exactly as expected.

FYI I cam back because I was missing the tech talk and some contacts here. But I don't think things have changed much here. Same moderators and same crap!

Have less to bother whos the mod here and what he does! Happy without you and your moderation, but had to come back for some friends.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Sure I can see you found a lot of tech talk in this thread. But the thing is, for all the crap that goes around, you can ignore us, but we can't ignore you, sorry. That's how it goes.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@rohan
yeah, i don't see u much here now. May be moderation sucks and its the imminent proof that we got thread like this and the one in chit-chat section.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
hmm this looks like a big cumulative whining but seriously i also feel that praka should be unbanned and selectively restricted to only Open Source section...I guess too much of instigation might have provoked his ugly side..(people often neglect this fact)...:)
He tries to mend his way only to get entangled in another controversy involving Microsoft..so i seriously feel he should be given a last chance..

slugger

Banned
Why wuld anybody be banned for bumping up threads without spamming it

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66732
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58622

These were really funny & useful posts. I hadn't come across it earlier. good humar & advice doesn't go stale, does it?

----
edit
forgot to add the useful & advice

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
Poor Kooly :(

Of course, he can start clean with a new id ( I hope he doesn't do with the old behaviour ), but praka123 is off the forum. That's all I have to say about it.

You people left no stone unturned to ban every new ID he created.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
There has been much discussion and unrest among members regarding Praka123's ban, some members do not take a minute out to think and analyze the situation before they start abusing the Mods, you say, "Give him another chance", well that has been done and not once, but many-many times before, he has made innumerable promises to behave, in exchange for an unban before, but none kept.

Even for a senior member, a line has to be drawn somewhere, there comes a point when trouble to the community outweighs the contribution. I guess you all will agree to that. All we are asking you is to trust our decision on the fact that the line has been crossed. Most of you making the comments here have not seen all of it, abusive posts/threads get deleted, the contributions remain, making you believe he's much of an help, indeed he is, but he's much of a trouble too.

The decision to ban him does not come from some single hot-headed mod, we have discussed this among ourselves, and also with the digit admin, after many arguments and counter-arguments it was concluded that we should let him go for good. The digit MOD team consists of many Linux/FOSS lovers(Including Myself), and we want him to keep contributing to the forum without causing trouble, but that just does not seem possible.

afonofa

Journeyman
I'd like to call attention to the fact that the link to a member's blog on this thread was edited by a mod and the reason cited as 'obvious self promotion'.

It seems to me that just because the member in question is a new member, that link was considered as self promotion. I won't name anyone in particular but I've seen there are other members posting links to their sites when they could, just as easily, have pasted the content in their replies. Shouldn't their links be sniped as well?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Does being a 'newbie' make on illiterate enough to ignore the rules of the forum. Moreover, the blog post was plagiarized and incomplete, nothing original or self-made. So why do you think that the newbie is entitled to a back-link and some free traffic.

C'mon now, lets not be so generous with our time and patience.

And about those 'unnamed' members who you allege to have linked to their sites in your post, please post the links to the posts.

Just because few were missed, we can let this forum because a newbie-club with link-garbage.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have never had issues with link backs to original stuff that I write. If he wants to promote his blog let him have it in his signature.

MODS Are MODS. you can't tell'em what to do. They are chosen by digit team itself so there is no point accusing them. They are the best here.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well.....still praka123 isn't unbanned.......its been over 2 months and I feel he has had enough punishment.

Let him be back now.....:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom