The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

nick191

Journeyman
Hi guys,can you please give me some suggestions ?

i want to buy a LAPTOP for GAMING suggest me any one !

Dell New Inspiron 17R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Dell New Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

which one is the best choice for future GAMING (3 years) ?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Tell him tht... 4+1 frnds of mine bought it from here...together..... and they hv reffered this shop to U...hw evr tht shopkeeper looks very mean frm Face :p

Yes...he is a cunning fellow...talks rudely sometimes....:mad: but he was the only dealer of this laptop in pune :|

check in spam, i too was waiting for mail but one day i randomly opened spam mails and saw Samsung mail. but wait, you are talking about 'extended warranty' mail, rigght?

i checked spam mails...nothing is there...what to do now? what mail you received from them...can you paste it here.

diablo5789

Broken In
Im also from pune...here is the contact no...BABA COMPUTERS...9850725903 TILAK ROAD, SWARGATE....and tell him this if he his quoting 52k..."Hello, my 4 friends bought Samsung lappy from you...you quoted them 48.5K (inlcuding back pack)...thats why i came here"

tell him my name Rohan...i don't know what price he is quoting after 2 months (i bought this lappy in the month of August)...but his price are good compared to other dealers...and with goodies he will quote 49.5K.

Hi thanks for the info. Called him up and he did quote 52k. Told me that the price has increased recently and it was 48 two months back and told me to come up to his store and have the discussion about other things. Reliable to go and haggle, or does he not have a personality that will back down? :p

duriel

Broken In
Hi guys,

Quick question: Has anyone bought the S01 from flipkart? Is it the same build? Because the pic at flipkart is different from the actual pic, but the specs are correct however.

If yes I am buying the S01 this week. Might just place the order right now if I get a favourable reply :). Heating issues as far as i can see are only there during extended periods of heavy gaming, which i am rarely ever gonna do (max 1-2 hours).

Sorry, it seems I bought the last piece at Flipkart. It's out of stock now and they increased the price too. They would be shipping it to me this week. And I guess they changed the pic too.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if he doesn't back down...cross the road and go to LEE COMPUTERS...Sales guy is very friendly and also provides space for bargaining. that road has many laptop showrooms...only thing you should have is patience and energy.

rockz3r

Broken In
Hello friends I heard that the i5 version of np550p5c is enough for mid core gamers like me so should i buy it i am xpecting to play max payne 3 with no tesselation no fsaa as well as no msaa and med-high settings and xpecting 25-30fps can i xpect at least this much from this. Also users of these laptop please tell me which games do u play and how much fps and in which settings. reply asap

rockz3r

Broken In
What do u people mean by "Clean Install" From what i read here i understood that it is formatting your pc and then re installing the os. Am I right????? Will there be any problem if i dont please teach me everythink friends.As I am only only 13 years old I dont want to mess with os .I am gonna buy it the next year 2013 in the month of March. I am mainly buying it for gaming.Not hard core gamer but nearly an mid core gamer i am gonna play games likw crysis 2 advanced settings battlefield 3 high-ultra with no aa then max payne 3 med-high with no tesellation no msaa no fsaa . I am expecting around 30 fps in each games . Can I play them with the i5 version without any clean install. Reply ASAP.

alpha34

Broken In

Dell New Inspiron 17R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook
Dude this one has DDR5 which is very fast and i would say this is really good graphics card but i would personally not pay 63k for just 4GB ram and i5 but that's my opinion

Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
This is beast i would recommend this highly but you have to take breaks as you cannot play high end games continously for 4 hrs

Dell New Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook
Don't take this

Guys nvidiea released new drivers.....have any installed it?

pratyush997

Inactive
What do u people mean by "Clean Install" From what i read here i understood that it is formatting your pc and then re installing the os. Am I right?????.
yup you are
Will there be any problem
Nope, until and unless you don't touch OEM drive
As I am only only 13 years
Age doesn't matter, I'm of 14 :wink:
.I am gonna buy it the next year 2013 in the month of March
LOL Forget about this lappy.. Intel gonna launch new gen of proccy next year, get a lappy with that one.. it will be called Hasswell AFAIK
.....Rest not needed to be answered now

rockz3r

Broken In

Dude this one has DDR5 which is very fast and i would say this is really good graphics card but i would personally not pay 63k for just 4GB ram and i5 but that's my opinion

This is beast i would recommend this highly but you have to take breaks as you cannot play high end games continously for 4 hrs

Don't take this

"Both have some cons 17r se has gt 650m 2 gb gddr5 better than samsung np550p5c-so1in's gt 650m 2 gb ddr3. But dell has i5 3210m which is very bad . The i7 3610qm can give u around more 20 fps in some games like bf3,mp3 etc. So i will recommend u to go for samsung

Don't take this

"Both have some cons 17r se has gt 650m 2 gb gddr5 better than samsung np550p5c-so1in's gt 650m 2 gb ddr3. But dell has i5 3210m which is very bad . The i7 3610qm can give u around more 20 fps in some games like bf3,mp3 etc. So i will recommend u to go for samsung

Don't take this

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Hello friends I heard that the i5 version of np550p5c is enough for mid core gamers like me so should i buy it i am xpecting to play max payne 3 with no tesselation no fsaa as well as no msaa and med-high settings and xpecting 25-30fps can i xpect at least this much from this. Also users of these laptop please tell me which games do u play and how much fps and in which settings. reply asap

Im getting more than 35 fps in Crysis 2 at 900p in advanced settings. Yes clean install means formatting your laptop...but don't format the 22GB partition...it contains all the necessary drivers of this laptop. if you are only a gamer...then I5 is more than enough...I7 comes into handy when you work a lot with photoshop and programming.

and I7 won't give you a 20 fps boost over I5 version...bullshit...90% of the games available are depended on GPU. and Battlefield 3 depends on GPU.

dayslleepper

Broken In
Thanks very much for such a glad information... And can u plz tell me abt build quality... Heard tht it got poor buid quality as it is made of plastic, like the monitor gets shake when it kept near a table fan. and should have to use it very carefullly. Is it right ?? :-?

I know it depends on user to user, but still it is a question for me....

Please Respond :|

Please Respond :|
I own the S02 laptop

The build quality (not the look and style and finish) is average at best
The screen wobbles in a light breeze, but this is not because the hinge is bad, but because the screen is very thin.
The power adapter cable even when plugged in seems loose at the incoming pin (it doesnt feel properly plugged in)
The system fan placement and number of vents are poor resulting in higher heating
The RAM locking mechanism can chip the RAM module if not properly handled (happened to me)
The CD drive open button is where you would hold the laptop if you want to carry it, resulting in it opening every now and then
The SYSTEM IS DESIGNED BY A MAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HEATING PROBLEMS.

I hope that gives you a good idea abt the build quality

rockz3r

Broken In
Is it very necessary to do a clean install?? Can I play games without doing it man i dont want to mess with Operating System . Can some one using this laptop give me the address of his house so that i can directly go to your house and ask u to do it for me

Is it very necessary to do a clean install?? Can I play games without doing it man i dont want to mess with Operating System . Can some one using this laptop give me the address of his house so that i can directly go to your house and ask u to do it for me
The original installed OS comes with tons of bloatware and startup items (more than 100 !!!!!!) which will make your system slow. Moreover it has only one partition meaning that if your system crashes and you have to format and reinstall it all your personal files are lost (I am not talking abt the stupid thing called recovery here). You can play games without reinstall, however it is highly recommended that you format, partition and re-install your OS. It is not very hard to do and just by googling you can get n number of guides explaining this.

sakii

\m/ \m/
Hi thanks for the info. Called him up and he did quote 52k. Told me that the price has increased recently and it was 48 two months back and told me to come up to his store and have the discussion about other things. Reliable to go and haggle, or does he not have a personality that will back down? :p
u CAN RELY ON HIM IF HE VOW FR DELIVERING IT TO u....I came frm long distance and he delayed me only 1 day (reason ws not able to get laptop blocked fr us on time)
if he doesn't back down...cross the road and go to LEE COMPUTERS...Sales guy is very friendly and also provides space for bargaining. that road has many laptop showrooms...only thing you should have is patience and energy.
yess !!! This BABA guy is nut to crack.... he wont give u discount at awl (imagine we 4 buyed same dy without ny discount on 48.5K though it ws quoted 48 to RON earlier) nd besides tht to expect goodies fr free frm him will be greatest mistake. He's only good for his commitment made...if u pay him some advance....fr tht I can trust him blindly NOW.

Rest he is very cunning :p

dayslleepper

Broken In
I own the S02 laptop

The build quality (not the look and style and finish) is average at best
The screen wobbles in a light breeze, but this is not because the hinge is bad, but because the screen is very thin.
The power adapter cable even when plugged in seems loose at the incoming pin (it doesnt feel properly plugged in)
The system fan placement and number of vents are poor resulting in higher heating
The RAM locking mechanism can chip the RAM module if not properly handled (happened to me)
The CD drive open button is where you would hold the laptop if you want to carry it, resulting in it opening every now and then
The SYSTEM IS DESIGNED BY A MAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HEATING PROBLEMS.

I hope that gives you a good idea abt the build quality

Thanks for the response, thats great review about build Quality even if you make me to think again b4 buying this lap, But still I love to buy this :-D ( I dont know why ). Hope i am not wasting money for this lap.. Plz correct me

And Did anybody tried the new Driver Update ( I mean the latest one. " Drivers | GeForce ". )

And Any progress after this update in heating & throttling while connecting charger...:|

rockz3r

Broken In
Some one please tell me how to do partition , clean install and all thise which are recommended for gaming. Please reply or upload a video and give me the link please help me friends i want to play games like crysis2 , battlefield 3 etc on this laptop please help me friends please

Some one please tell me how to do partition , clean install and all thise which are recommended for gaming. Please reply or upload a video and give me the link please help me friends i want to play games like crysis2 , battlefield 3 etc on this laptop please help me friends please

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@RON28: mail from samsung
Dear
This is to inform you that, your Samsung Laptop is registered for additional one year warranty.
Kindly note, the details submitted by you while registration are as follow:
Model No : **************
Serial No : **************
Please note, the Terms & Conditions remain same as mentioned on the warranty registration site.
Incase of any discrepancy, please contact Samsung Service help line 30308282 (Prefix your STD Code).
Regards,
Customer Service
And anyone of you installed the new nVidia update?

and guys i have 100 process running in background. the Guys did clean install also having 100 or lesser processes?

Last edited:
Top Bottom