The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rockz3r

Broken In
Will I get a windows 7 home premium cd from samsung or i will have to buy one. Now i know how to format & do a clean install. So after I format i will hav to install the os . So does samsung provide u with the w7 home premium cd or do u have to buy it. Is anyone playing without partition and clean install. Some told me that not to format the 22gb partition . So does the so1in by default comes with a partition . please help friends i am requesting u

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@rockz3r: wokay wokay...i didn't do clean install but i did partitioned the disks. Samsung won't give you Win7 DVD. Hey pratyush help here.

rockz3r

Broken In
So pratyush u mean that i will fornat the whole disk drive right ??? Then i will insert the recovery disk in the dvd drive then i will install it right??? And pratyush what is the meaning of partition as much as i think its dividing the hard drive into multiple parts is it right???

So pratyush u mean that i will fornat the whole disk drive right ??? Then i will insert the recovery disk in the dvd drive then i will install it right??? And pratyush what is the meaning of partition as much as i think its dividing the hard drive into multiple parts is it right???

vipulchandani

Right off the assembly line
i m really confused between samsung series 5 550 , samsung series 3 350 and sony viao sve15118fn
i need a gaming laptop with no heating problem...
is samsung series 5 550 is the best..??
and i also want to know that which 1 is better nvidia gt650m or amd 7670m hd
plzz help me..which 1 2 buy..??

Ashish247

Journeyman
i m really confused between samsung series 5 550 , samsung series 3 350 and sony viao sve15118fn
Nvidia gt 650m is like wayyyyyy better than hd 7670m. And "heating problem" is based on what you think is hot, 90 are normal temperatures for me for any med-high gaming laptop so i wont say it gets hot enough to be problematic for me but again that's perception based and you might think otherwise.

Will I get a windows 7 home premium cd from samsung or i will have to buy one. Now i know how to format & do a clean install. So after I format i will hav to install the os . So does samsung provide u with the w7 home premium cd or do u have to buy it. Is anyone playing without partition and clean install. Some told me that not to format the 22gb partition . So does the so1in by default comes with a partition . please help friends i am requesting u

The only CD that comes with this laptop is the WIn7

dayslleepper

Broken In
Thanks for the response, thats great review about build Quality even if you make me to think again b4 buying this lap, But still I love to buy this :-D ( I dont know why ). Hope i am not wasting money for this lap.. Plz correct me

And Did anybody tried the new Driver Update ( I mean the latest one. " Drivers | GeForce ". )

And Any progress after this update in heating & throttling while connecting charger...:|

Please Respond... And what is the temperature u guys are getting while Normal use like browsing + downloading + watching Films to a extreme level...:-?

RON28

Cyborg Agent

every laptop heats while gaming...whether you pay 1 lakh and get Alienware or pay 50K and get Samsung.

iamzero

Broken In
if you can do without bluray and 8gb ram get the i5, for gaming purpose its more than enough.

btw did the anyone get confirmation for the warranty extension? Ron? Pratyush?

hey dan and pratush,

i also want this laptop but really i want to be future proof....i have no issues with config its awesome...just want to be confirmed and know hos is it performing in comparison with other laptops... see eheating, etc such issues are common in many laptops..i just want to know is there any serious problem with it or is it best to get it?

pratyush997

Inactive
hey dan and pratush,

i also want this laptop but really i want to be future proof....i have no issues with config its awesome...just want to be confirmed and know hos is it performing in comparison with other laptops... see eheating, etc such issues are common in many laptops..i just want to know is there any serious problem with it or is it best to get it?
From my side No faqin issues...... BTW Pratyush :p

diablo5789

Broken In
Sorry, it seems I bought the last piece at Flipkart. It's out of stock now and they increased the price too. They would be shipping it to me this week. And I guess they changed the pic too.

Yeah well i was the one who enquired about the pic... Coz it wasn't the right one, i wanted to make sure that it was genuine thing i was buying... Waiting for that response made it Out of Stock. :-(

duriel

Broken In
Yeah well i was the one who enquired about the pic... Coz it wasn't the right one, i wanted to make sure that it was genuine thing i was buying... Waiting for that response made it Out of Stock. :-(

Both s01 and s02 are back in stock now :doublethumb:. S01 price increased to Rs 52926, while S02 is the same at Rs 59640. So, for additional ~Rs6700 you get 2gb RAM, Bluray player, Quad core i7.

Last edited:

rockz3r

Broken In
Does Samsung by default gives u the 22 gb partition. Reply asap

If its already partitioned then I will format the other partition . Then install win 7 . Am i right????