The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I had no intention to buy the iPhone.

I came to Mumbai to attend BarCamp Mumbai 3 and just to enjoy. I also wanted to go to Goa.
So how did you find Mumbai? Was this your first time here? How long did you stay here (and where did you stay)? And whats this BarCamp Mumbai 3?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
So how did you find Mumbai?
On the map of India, I suppose. It's not like it's hidden away from public or something... :p

Was this your first time here?
No, but the last time I'd been there, I was way too young.

How long did you stay here (and where did you stay)?
I stayed there for eight days (March 28th to April 5th) and in Lower Parel, for the most part.

And whats this BarCamp Mumbai 3?
*barcampmumbai.org/

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, in that case, something like, "What was the city like?" or "What do you think of Mumbai?" would've been more appropriate. :)

The city sure is cool. I'm not a huge fan of the dustiness and the very humid weather but apart from that, I loved most of the things there. Life is more comfortable (also more expensive). Plus, you can buy an iPhone whenever you want. :p

But given the choice, I would prefer Siliguri over Mumbai any day, the reasons being: better weather, smaller city, cleaner, cheaper, better standard of life overall.

yash

I draw every day
sweet.
the point I was eventually going to get to was that I can have just as much doing the same things today, as I did back in 1997.

goobimama

 Macboy
Design is how it works........consistency...stuff like that
Must be why Safari for Windows looks weird to many...

mumbai city and how it is
I find the city dirty. The people are also filthy and are litterbugs and spit all over the place. Otherwise it's better than Bangalore and Pune which seem very...wuarhghuah....to me.

Btw, Aayush and his 'ways' have become legendary out here! There actually exists a person who doesn't eat fish (gasp!).

dr said:
The lyrics thing
The iPhone dude! I never really had any use for lyrics in iTunes, but now with the iPhone, I wish I had installed that gimmesometune before my net crapped out again. Well, I'm very patient these days.

tanmay said:
3G and others
The only changes I see in the new iPhone are 3G, maybe a better camera, and possibly Wireless-N. Keeping in mind I stay in India, I thought the current iteration is fine enough. And I just couldn't wait any longer.... My fingers were itching for some multi touch :)

And I totally forgot about the dance bars. My friend who has gone to Mumbai promised to take me to one of these things.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Flow
Flow is a stunning new FTP client built exclusively for Mac OS X Leopard. Flow streamlines both transferring and editing files by leveraging your high-speed connection, presenting a gorgeous yet tasteful user-interface, and integrating the latest and greatest of OS X technology.

*extendmac.com/flow/images/TransfersView.png

User Interface
We have an obsession with pixels. As a side effect, every pixel in Flow is simply lickable. Go ahead, lick away. Just be sure to clean the screen afterwards......

dinesh72

Journeyman
Big problem!!!! Front Row keeps freezing. When I try to browse movies it seems to do so. music and photos works normal. If I play a movie its ok but if I stop and browse it hangs and no way but to press comm+option+esc. After googling I found it is faced by many and I did upate it but same problem.
Weirdly in Applications it shows as Front Row V 1 but I've updated it to 2.1.3(apple software update). Am I not suppose to have Front Row V 2 preinstalled on my new MBP? How to solve this problem?
I am attaching two pics to see the problem.
P.S how to attach pics inside this post like you people do!?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That's because there are some rogue movies in your Movies folder that Front Row does not play (pun unintended) nice with. Empty your Movies folder (i.e. move the files to another folder) and see whether the issue is resolved or not. :)

To insert a picture in a post, just upload it to some free service like ImageShack, copy the URL and then paste it here between 'IMG' tags (just click on the button with the little mountains and sun and past the URL in).

dinesh72

Journeyman
I do not have rogue movies (Front Row doesn't like them???)
May be too early to say but it looks like FR problem is solved. When I said it was freezing there actually was message behind it to respond. Whenever I pressed key combination to quit the program I used to see this message but only for a fraction of second. I kept using the program and at some point of time presssing esc key I came to desktop and there the message was. It was asking me that FR is trying get some confidential data keychain blah blah. I clicked on Always allow and since then it looks like there is no problem. I am sure that was the message appearing and causing the program to wait for my response. May be we could allow this program directly in keychain before launching it so as not to have problem. Surprisingly apple discussions related to FR is not saying anything like this.
As for the version, the program is indeed 2.1.3(checked inside the program settings) but quickview shows V1.
thanks for image upload query.

yash

I draw every day
so, I decided to feed my gmail addressbook to flickr and see how many ppl already had a flickr account. and I stunbled across the funniest picture.

Inaugrating the iMac
*www.flickr.com/photos/30453134@N00/1862393431/ *farm3.static.flickr.com/2241/1862393431_8e517c5cf4.jpg

its only gotten 11 views on flickr.. but I figured I'd make it available to a wider audience.

Guys! dress up! inaugrating a mac is like a holy ritual....is what I'd expect aayush to say. But honestly, Even I couldn't wait. I would take my new iphone/MBP to the loo even!... just wouldn't take someone with a camera in there with me...LOL

hey milind, I come in peace. If this was inappropriate, I'll remove this with a sincere apology.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Guys! dress up! inaugrating a mac is like a holy ritual....is what I'd expect aayush to say.
I might have said that before my trip to Goa, but now that I've been there, I know better. The guy stays in that "apparel" for most of the night (which is the time when he is generally awake). I wouldn't expect him to dress up for the prime minister, what chance does a poor iMac stand! :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the dangling keyboard wire sure is confusing :D

and as far as mumbai's dust is concerned yeah thats kinda irritating, constructions are always going on but i find mumbai's transport system to be the best in the whole country and as arya said u can buy stuff anytime .... 2 weeks in pune have sure made me love mumbai a lot more, people here have a lot driving sense, delhi and pune are horrible when it comes to road traffic people just drive as if its their ancestral property and its not a road but their compound

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
LOL! I assume the guy who took the pic was also just wearing a chaddi!:D

BTW why don't the iPhone owners here take some nice pics with your phones and post them here.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Same here. :)

@krazzy,
If you're interested in pictures taken with an iPhone, you should totally check out this page: *flickr.com/cameras/apple/iphone/ :)

yash

I draw every day
I might have said that before my trip to Goa, but now that I've been there, I know better. The guy stays in that "apparel" for most of the night (which is the time when he is generally awake). I wouldn't expect him to dress up for the prime minister, what chance does a poor iMac stand! :lol:

Well, and I can't blame him. its so hot there! Even I know people will be seeing too much of me in the next few months in india.