The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
There seems to be no solution for audio/video chat on iChat via jabber (YM).
However I figured out this thing ( after loads of googling ), in a similar way iChat is setup via jabber to use YM contacts, Google Talk can be setup via jabber to use YM contacts. Now use that google talk account in iChat and voila you've got your GTalk and YM contacts in iChat and you can have audio video chat with all of them.
Its loooong tedious process though!!

@goobi
Did you get iChat working ??

yash

I draw every day
I was trying really hard to make a button like the one on the apple website today, but The dreamweaver behaviors couldn't pull it off. So I 'inspected' the website, and I found out that they don't have different button images. They only have one large globalnav.png file I can't wrap my head around their alien technology. Can someone who's a real web design wiz explain it to me?

sakumar79

Technomancer
@yash, are you talking about the top navigational menu buttons? That can be achieved using a simple javascript rollover function right?

Arun

narangz

Web developer
I was trying really hard to make a button like the one on the apple website today, but The dreamweaver behaviors couldn't pull it off. So I 'inspected' the website, and I found out that they don't have different button images. They only have one large globalnav.png file I can't wrap my head around their alien technology. Can someone who's a real web design wiz explain it to me?

Its CSS based & if the navigation bar is one large image file then, AFAIK, the linking to the pages is done by image mapping i.e. a particular part of image opens up a specified page.

@the two boys who referred to me: my phone line is dead so no net @home. Will do all of that when all is well.

Oh. Well that's the reason I hate BSNL. Thanks for the reply though :)

aryayush said:
LOL! Poor Milind. Broadband to bechaare ke naseeb mein hai hi nahin.

Abhe kyon jale pe namak chirakta hai :D

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
narangz said:
Oh. Well that's the reason I hate BSNL. Thanks for the reply though

I don't know how you got to that conclusion but this entire March from 2:30am to 7:30am I've downloaded 56 GB !! Isn't that insane !!! But on the other side, the customer care of BSNL guys is pathetic!! I mean when you get BB connection you only pray that you don't need help from BSNL guys!!
BSNL BB is just amazing
BSNL customer care is truly terrible

yash

I draw every day
@yash, are you talking about the top navigational menu buttons? That can be achieved using a simple javascript rollover function right?

Arun

its not just a rollover function. there's also a click function.

Its CSS based & if the navigation bar is one large image file then, AFAIK, the linking to the pages is done by image mapping i.e. a particular part of image opens up a specified page.

Well I see the concepts you're mentioning here. can anyone instruct me on how to do those things?

narangz

Web developer
^^
Overview:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_map

Learn:
*www.case.edu/help/wilbur/ch3.html

For CSS you have to study DHTML & CSS. SAMS CSS in 21 days can give you an idea & you can start programming with the help of it.

Dont know if this helps.

yash

I draw every day
um. no. it does not. I am doing this for a class assignment.I don't have 21 days and I don't give a damn about being able to program in DHTML.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Aayush and Goobi got iPhones? I thought you guys were going to hold on till it launches officially.

Top Bottom