The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Queries:

1) How to enable 3rd party cookies in Safari, FF and Mac in general.
I mean in Safari, Safari --> Pref --> Security --> Accept cookies to always
will that be enough !!

2) How to handle small pop ups ( not blocking them ). How to scroll through the pop up and the main window, pressing cmd + tab will scroll through apps, when there is a pop up in Safari, I am required to move Safari till I see that little pop up and then click it to bring it in the front!!!

yash

I draw every day
I have a keyboard shortcut answer for 2). if you are in safari, or cmd+tab to safari and want to now bring focus to the popup/under window, press cmd+` thats the key with ~ and you will toggle through open safari windows. when u get to the pop-under, press cmd+w

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Alternatively, you could hit F10 (or Fn+F10 or use some screen corner, depending on how you have it set up).

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
This iTunes is super cool and continues to surprise me.

Only today I discovered the 3 new visualizers in Leopard and it's cool.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2397806880_35997fde3a.jpg

I've iPods (Shuffle and Nano) and when I add duplicate tracks, it notifies me:

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/2397806884_19d66d363f_o.png

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
1) How to scroll through tabs in Safari ??
⌘⇧[ and ⌘⇧].

I just bought Labyrinth, the iPhone/iPod touch game. The demo had just ten levels, which I could complete within five minutes (and had–several times) and the full version has over 170 levels. It costs just $7, which I can earn with one 100-word post on MacUser. Using PayPal, the process was so simple and streamlined that I completed the entire transaction on my iPhone itself and the game got activated without any glitches (almost like magic). There's some crazy **** in there now that I don't think I can ever cross.

Highly recommended. I'm just wondering what happens when I next restore my iPhone for any reason. How do I get my levels back? I'm sending an email to the developer. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
-------------

Check out this amazing wallpaper:

*img183.imageshack.us/img183/440/mindblowingwallpaperdo8.th.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
I see I have been caught with my pants down (well, only my pants are up I guess). Anyway, if there are any requests, I can upload the whole 'event' of the iMac inauguration.

And yash, it's all good. Of course, if you grab any pics of me with my pants down (there might just be a few of those), keep them to yourself.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
A warning to all the non-iPhoners (shame! shame! :p):

Now that there are three iPhone owners and one iPod touch owner in our midst, we'll (hopefully) be talking a lot about hacking the devices and stuff. And every time a software update comes out, that'll be pretty much the only thing we'll be babbling about. So, brace yourselves for the onslaught of iPhone posts. :D

Here's what an unlocked Labyrinth level looks like (there are even more scary ones out there):

*img204.imageshack.us/img204/8749/img0001im7.jpg

And this is iDial:

*img169.imageshack.us/img169/3753/img0002md1.jpg

Awesome, right? :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Finally got my Installer app working. Installing a couple of apps here and there.

What say you boys put down a little list of the cool ones you tried out?

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay I am on a quest to get PDFs on my iPhone.

That PDFs app requires some SSH stuff which scares the hell out of me. For now I've used the Apache server of my iMac, hosted the PDFs on it, and whenever I need to view a PDF, I visit my iMacs web address and view them. Apparently Safari cannot open large PDF files? I tried a 36MB one and it said the PDF was too large to open. Smaller files like 4MB and such open up really well.

Anyone else have any views on getting PDFs on iPhone? How easy is this SSH thing?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's pretty easy, actually. Launch Cuberduck (it's in your Applications folder), set the server to the one shown in your Wi-Fi network configuration (most probably, '192.168.1.1/2/3/4'), set the Protocol to SFTP, enter 'root' as the username and 'alpine' or 'dottie' as the password (whichever works).

Hit Connect.

Done. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it is. He's over the moon about it. He couldn't even believe that an audio chat was possible in India over the Internet.

You should've seen the look on his face when we had a video conference. :lol:

BTW... new version of the iPhone due out sooner than expected. Sorry to rain on your parade.
mossberg says 3g in iphone in 60 days
Mossberg just kidding about that whole "3G iPhone in 60 days" thing
Mossberg Takes Back 3G iPhone in 60 Days Quote
SAI: Walt Mossberg has no clue when the iPhone 3G will ship

I told you so.

I hope this serves as a reminder for the future. Almost every rumour about Apple is generally based on anonymous tipsters (who might or might not exist) and false assumptions and hardly any of them ever turn out to be true. When even someone as famous as Walt Mossberg can so publicly lie about something Apple is about to do, how hard is it for some unknown entity to spread false rumours? You've already seen how these rumour sites jump on every single hint of a rumour.

What basis do any of you have to trust these stupid rumours? None at all.

I hope this will put a stop to you guys believing all the crap that is published in the media about what Apple is about to do in the future. Barring Steve Jobs, a few of his closest minions and select people from the media (who're always under strict NDAs, mind you, and would never violate them), no one gets to know what Apple is doing and which product they are about to release in future. Apart from the rare leaks that happen sometimes, usually only a day or two before the official announcement, almost every rumour about Apple turns out to be untrue.

I'd written about this Apple rumour phenomenon in detail on Apple Matters. Feel free to give it a once over if you're so inclined. :)

narangz

Web developer
Yes, it is. He's over the moon about it. He couldn't even believe that an audio chat was possible in India over the Internet.

You should've seen the look on his face when we had a video conference. :lol:

Thank you, Aayush! :)

Milind, will you be able to help me now? I just need the logo & header thingy now.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@arya

how did you and Milind have Video conference ?? I know you've used iChat but with what account ?? I am dying to experience that thing!!

And what does this supposed to mean iChat/AIM: aryayush@mac.com Is that a .mac account ?? I thought you denied having it!!