The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
installing mac support is not required, but i see no reason why u guys wudnt help some1 if he wants to know something abt softwares or things like tht, it wud be highly in-appropriate to do so, the rest is ur choice

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
hey guys, i'm planning to create a MAC OS X theme for myBB. I want a set of screenshots of the windows, applications and desktop. I don't want to install MAC on PC and breach the EULA :razz:. So who can help me ? :))
Of course. Just let us know what you need. :)

Yahoo messenger on Mac Sucks!! so I decided to use iChat for Yahoo Messenger via jabber. I tried to register my yahoo account at jabber, but unable to get a correct server. I've tried several servers but no use. If any of you guys use iChat for YM, please give the server address.

Adium is good alternative but like iChat!!
Even the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger for Mac is not good enough? It does voice and all... :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hey guys, i'm planning to create a MAC OS X theme for myBB. I want a set of screenshots of the windows, applications and desktop. I don't want to install MAC on PC and breach the EULA :razz:. So who can help me ? :))
Boss, shoot what you need and I'll help. :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ gooobi and arya, thanks fellas!

1. I want a screenshot of empty desktop with a white wallpaper/background without.

2. One screenshot of maximized windows of any app and one empty folder.

3. And now the screenshot of same window with restored state, so that I want that shadows stuff. Just like u guys have posted it earlier.

4. Screenshot of any button on mouse hover.

drgrudge

2. Screenshot of an empty folder:
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/2382784308_b50c8914ed_o.png

An App in full screen (Safari):
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2382784302_3f3d43e716.jpg

3 & 4. Can't understand. Can you explain?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Gigacore

Dude, I happened to edit my post in a flash of second and how the hell did you catch that thing. I read your post in a hurry and happened to skip the don't install thing. Boy! you've reignited the war again.
As for you query, could you explain 3 and 4 correctly !!

@rayraven

I got dozens of results in google, I just wanted to know what the guys here use, I mean the server thing.

@arya

Yep man the latest sucks a big time than the previous version!! Incidentally I upgraded on Gx's advice. I posted here that YM for mac update is available!!!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
well, I can manage to get the shots of 3 & 4th after my friend comes back from his village this night (he has macbook pro..)

Thanks a lot grudgy!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Seriously, We Windows users are much better then. Using Pirated Windows is illegal but still whenever someone asks for some help in here we help him without saying anything like "Sorry, u cannot get support here from us cos u r using pirated Windows"

Again Subjective and debatable!!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@Gigacore
Dude, I happened to edit my post in a flash of second and how the hell did you catch that thing. I read your post in a hurry and happened to skip the don't install thing. Boy! you've reignited the war again.
As for you query, could you explain 3 and 4 correctly !!

:)) no probs.. and btw am not reigniting the war :p

Hey grudgy, u forg0t the desktop !

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Heyy guys after a lots trail and errors I got the server that you can use for Yahoo Messenger. It is elistas.org, if any ones interested !!.
Now happy iChatting !!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Actually I thought of posting a small tut but I didn't because there seems to be a small problem. And the problem is though I get all my yahoo buddies in iChat but I am not able to do audio or Video chat, that defies the very purpose why anyone would use iChat. So I am figuring out a solution.
Anyone any ideas!!

@rayraven, yash

The problem with those googled tuts is that they are not Yahoo Messenger specific and the servers and transports they give did not work for me. I've tried over a dozen such tuts before posting a query here...

drgrudge

I got Juno OST. But when I added to iTunes, the album art is repeated to all the songs and I want a single Album Art for the entire Juno album.

Screenshot to know what I mean:
*img.skitch.com/20080403-mwt6w1mj4mc5fs3w9tbqbscw3m.jpg

yash

I draw every day
you have to select all the songs and edit the album artist to be various artists. Or you could click on the check mark compilation.

yash

I draw every day
Anyone got the pwnage tool to install the next gen firmware on their iphones/touches yet? Whenever I try to restore custom 1.2 firmware it fails... :(