The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

NearCry

MISSING U ASSEMBLY LINE
Hi guys, I wanted to ask whether anyone has bought the SLI version and how much does it cost, or only the one with single gt755 is available right now in india? Also those who have already bought it can anyone please post screenshots of games or what fps you are getting while playing games at max?

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah people should hurry up but now it is too late since price have already increased and now the new printed mrp is 82579 on y510p instead of our 77800 or some thing

dr.manoj

Broken In
yeah people should hurry up but now it is too late since price have already increased and now the new printed mrp is 82579 on y510p instead of our 77800 or some thing

Damn... Where did you see this?? Had I known this then I would have gone and picked it up today instead of waiting till tomorrow..

diya.r

Broken In
Got mine today. The 12% increase in tax applicable from tomorrow. The price became 78.5k from where I bought.
Whoever is planning to buy, please hurry up. I don't think u will get this for <75 anymore.

Can u share the link for this ?

Do Gear Program

VALID FOR PURCHASES MADE UP TO 31ST AUGUST '13

Utkarshsharma

Right off the assembly line
Do Gear Program

VALID FOR PURCHASES MADE UP TO 31ST AUGUST '13

Hi guys i am new to the forum. I was planning to purchase a gaming laptop and decided upon y500. On last sunday i contacted a dealer in bangalore who said that he will deliver it on monday and the cost will be rs66500. But the next day he called up that another model y510p is available with full hd and haswell processor. I got my laptop on monday
Its specs are
1. Intel core i7 4700mq at 2.4ghz
2. 8gb of ram
3. Nvidia gt-755m without sli
4. 1920*1080 screen
5. 1 tb hdd
6. jbl audio

The cost for me was 71000/- with taxes.

I played crysis 3 and sleeping dogs on this laptop with my dell s2440l moitor connected. I tested the fps using fraps.
The fps for sleeping dogs at high settings was 45-50. And for crysis 3 at high settings was 30-35. I do consider to buy an ultrabay graphic card but could some one please help me out with its purchase..??

$hadow

Geek in making
Damn... Where did you see this?? Had I known this then I would have gone and picked it up today instead of waiting till tomorrow..

My friend went to buy it yesterday and found out that the price has increased by 6 to 12 percent on all the products.

Hey, Call that guy and tell that you are my friend. I had told him that u would come today. He said he can give it to you for 75.5k till Saturday(today).

Anybody tried to change the internal HDD to SSD for Y510p or Y500 ?

Maverick03

Broken In
Congrats everyone who has purchased this. I am also going for it in next few days. Coming from samsung np550p5c-s01 i had a bad experience and now want to know if any issues are being faced by people who have bought y510p. Also is this price increase true for all places? Sinoop_joy and shadow please help.

Congrats everyone who has purchased this. I am also going for it in next few days. Coming from samsung np550p5c-s01 i had a bad experience and now want to know if any issues are being faced by people who have bought y510p. Also is this price increase true for all places? Sinoop_joy and shadow please help.

This is true.. it is applicable for all electronics items...
Buy it today itself so that you can get it for 3-4k less and u can avail the 5k lenovo offer which is valid for only purchases made before 31st Aug.

The laptop is good. Go for it...

dr.manoj

Broken In
Hey, Call that guy and tell that you are my friend. I had told him that u would come today. He said he can give it to you for 75.5k till Saturday(today).

Anybody tried to change the internal HDD to SSD for Y510p or Y500 ?

Thanks a lot man..

I was a bit worried about this 12% hike news. Especially since i had decided as early as Tuesday to buy it.. Just could not get to Chennai before the weekend without taking leave and it was not available in Pondy shops when i had asked.. So this price hike news was like a thunderbolt to me...

So today, first thing in the morning, i called around all the dealers in pondy once again.. Luckily for me, one dealer said he could get me one for 74k.. I agreed immediately.. He told me that the price has indeed risen but he could get me one for old price as technically the new price is for September onwards. I made part payment through online fund transfer, as the bank cutoff for fund transfers on Sat is 12:30pm..

After i had made the part payment he told me that the lenivo company stockist was not agreeing for previous price and the best he could do was 75k, i.e a rise of 1k from previously agreed price. Alternately he told that he could get me one tomorrow morning for 74k from one of his sister concerns who have the laptop in stock.. He also agreed to give me a bill dated today...I agreed to the latter as I did not mind waiting one more day... More so because i have duty today night, which a colleague of mine had very grudgingly agreed to cover for the time it would take for me to return from Chennai..

So all said and done, I still sit with an invoice in hand, eagerly awaiting my new laptop..Tomorrow just cannot come soon enough....

Once again thanks for thinking about me and mentioning me to your dealer.. Thanks a million...

P.s. Did you (and others who boughr the laptop) get any backpack/messenger bag free with the laptop?

$hadow

Geek in making
Just do not buy this laptop if you want your laptop to last long coz I am getting only about 5 hours on surfing whereas I haven't yet tested on games coz I am using it as a plugged in for playing games. Otherwise it is always a good buy and you will not regret it.

Maverick03

Broken In
5 hours is good enough i believe! I don't remember my samsung lasting more than 3hrs. And yes i will be gaming but when plugged in. I just wanted to know if you are facing any issues because its frustrating to visit service centre just within few weeks of purchase as was the case with my earlier laptop.

dr.manoj

Broken In
Just do not buy this laptop if you want your laptop to last long coz I am getting only about 5 hours on surfing whereas I haven't yet tested on games coz I am using it as a plugged in for playing games. Otherwise it is always a good buy and you will not regret it.

5 hours!! That's great news man.. From earlier comments on this and the y500 thread i was hoping for 4 and expecting closer to 3 hours.. Considering the specs 5 hours is brilliant imo.

NearCry

MISSING U ASSEMBLY LINE
Has anyone bought it online and if yes then from where? I live in a small town and y510p is not available locally. It is available on ebay for 77.5k and on flipkart for 76k but was hoping to find it somewhere online where i can order and get it cheaper , close to 70k :p

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Have placed a order in Lenovo store (Wazirpur, Delhi)!

Total price would be 72.5k :) Would be getting the beast tomorrow! N yes, with that 5k voucher!

Top Bottom