The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

iamzero

Broken In
Questions i need to get answered:

1)Is it good to buy this right now or wait for few days for reviews, benchmarks, etc. ? i am not worried about the price just want to be confident about the laptop.
2)The configuration is awesome and best at this point. Are there any doubts with graphic card versions, screen, etc?
3) Is the 5000 voucher applicable on it, because on the website its not updated yet? Its only y500!
4) Those of you who have bought, have got from dealer or online?
5) Any student discount offers applicable?

Any thoughts are welcome!

diya.r

Broken In
Questions i need to get answered:

1)Is it good to buy this right now or wait for few days for reviews, benchmarks, etc. ? i am not worried about the price just want to be confident about the laptop.
2)The configuration is awesome and best at this point. Are there any doubts with graphic card versions, screen, etc?
3) Is the 5000 voucher applicable on it, because on the website its not updated yet? Its only y500!
4) Those of you who have bought, have got from dealer or online?
5) Any student discount offers applicable?

Any thoughts are welcome!
well if u want to wait that is up to u. its a personal choice . always safe to make an informed decision. but keep an eye on increasing prices due to the falling rupee, most electrical commodities will see a steep rise. the graphic card is a gt 755M . SOMEONE SHOULD INFORM LENOVO TO RECTIFY THIS INFO . Even the dealers keep insisting 750m. I am sure many will purchase the laptop and confirm its 755m. the vouches is valid for this model. when u fill up the registration form it gives a list of products that have this offer, y510p is one of them. along with this u can register for 1yr ADP warranty. this offer is valid for purchases made upto 31st aug '13 (though i'm guessing they might extend it). registration can b done before 15th sep. I think product is available with select dealers and now online as wel. not aware of student discount offers

dr.manoj

Broken In
Not online man... Back to brick n mortar : Chennai - Anna Salai

Hello Sinoop.. Hello all.. I too am planning to buy this laptop on Saturday in Chennai.. It's not available yet in Pondicherry (where i'm based).. I'd appreciate it if you could pass me the phone number of the dealer in Anns Salai.. Lenovo customer care gave me the number for some other store..

Also what did you mean by saying that you placed an order for the laptop? Is it not available at the store for immediate purchase?

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Crysis 3 clocked at 3.23 GHZ. confirmed.

that's for one core and as i quote from notebookcheck
As long as only one core is
under load, everything is fine: 3.3 GHz
are close to the upper Turbo Boost
limit. When more than one core is
tasked or the GPU is stressed, the clock
speed drops to only 2.4 GHz. While this
technically cannot be called throttling,
it is still rather disappointing.

and

Cinebench R10 clearly shows the lack
of Turbo Boost: the IdeaPad Y510p
ended up with 19383 points - quite a
bit less than other notebooks with the
same i7-4700MQ CPU. The One
K56-3N2, for example, scored about
5000 points more (+26%). The IdeaPad
Y500 with the i7-3630QM also
outperforms the Y510p with 21733
points - a plus of 12%. The results of
the single-core test are quite different,
as the IdeaPad Y510p (6628 points) is
able to outscore the
predecessor IdeaPad Y500 (5953
points).

Its problem with implementation of processer's features by Lenovo

BTW your laptop is amazing its the holy grail man...awesome machine you've got

Last edited:

diya.r

Broken In
how's your touchpad working???
and keyboard and always on usb

keyboard is very comfortable. has well spaced keys. the keys hav a slight inward dip for better grip during typing. keys pop back immediately,they don't get stuck. the ALWAYS ON USB has to be enabled in bios utility.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
keyboard is very comfortable. has well spaced keys. the keys hav a slight inward dip for better grip during typing. keys pop back immediately,they don't get stuck. the ALWAYS ON USB has to be enabled in bios utility.

what about touchpad??is it normal like other laptops or still crazy

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
that's for one core and as i quote from notebookcheck
As long as only one core is
under load, everything is fine: 3.3 GHz
are close to the upper Turbo Boost
limit. When more than one core is
tasked or the GPU is stressed, the clock
speed drops to only 2.4 GHz. While this
technically cannot be called throttling,
it is still rather disappointing.

and

Cinebench R10 clearly shows the lack
of Turbo Boost: the IdeaPad Y510p
ended up with 19383 points - quite a
bit less than other notebooks with the
same i7-4700MQ CPU. The One
K56-3N2, for example, scored about
5000 points more (+26%). The IdeaPad
Y500 with the i7-3630QM also
outperforms the Y510p with 21733
points - a plus of 12%. The results of
the single-core test are quite different,
as the IdeaPad Y510p (6628 points) is
able to outscore the
predecessor IdeaPad Y500 (5953
points).

Its problem with implementation of processer's features by Lenovo

BTW your laptop is amazing its the holy grail man...awesome machine you've got

I dont think lenovo took a great deal work just to dumb down a Turbo in new haswell series just to disappoint consumers...I took a test while running Crysis3 and it triggered a boost of 3.2~ Ghz freq, even my GPU has more than enough CUDA cores to handle compute, still C3 has power to use all 4 cores, the game was almost maxed out only AA was set to SMAA 2x, if GPU is already stressed , it indicates that there is less load in CPU at that instance and hence it normalizes its clocks to base. Also about comparing with other laptops, the max processor state in power options plays a role in benchmarking. Guess it was set to similar points.

its amazing...yes...Thanks :)

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
View attachment 11976 , View attachment 11975

does this help?

battery life up to 4 hrs on normal usage such as internet browsing, watching videos or playing music.
probably will be considerably less during gaming.

That does help!
Also, regarding the battery life... are you sure it was set to HD 4600 when carry out the maximum battery test under normal use...? Cause i get more than 4hrs with my GT 750m Y500 and it doesnt have optimus...

Try switching to HD 4600 and then carry out the test.

Also if u could, please carry out a 3dmark13 and 3dmark11 after updating drivers to 320.49?
and a screenshot of HWMONITOR with all dropdowns open will be nice tooo!

Cheers!

Congo to all the new Y510p owners! thats one heck of a config!

Top Bottom