The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Can any body here let me know whether you have Glossy or Matte finish screen and Synaptics or Elantech touch-pad coz my Y510 has glossy screen with Elantech touch-pad with average performance!

When did you purchased yours since mine is definitely matte display with synaptic touch pad you check my review. It has pic so you can compare yours with mine.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Can any body here let me know whether you have Glossy or Matte finish screen and Synaptics or Elantech touch-pad coz my Y510 has glossy screen with Elantech touch-pad with average performance!

I don't think it is possible that some pieces have Synaptics n some have Elantech n the same is true for the screen! Don't know what others have to say on this.

Maverick03

Broken In
I am confused because the y510p i checked at lenovo showroom where i booked mine has elan touchpad. I don't know if i should go for it. Anyone with elan touchpad in y510p and facing any problems?

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
I am confused because the y510p i checked at lenovo showroom where i booked mine has elan touchpad. I don't know if i should go for it. Anyone with elan touchpad in y510p and facing any problems?

Mate, you are from? I mean in which showroom you booked it?

dbehera28

The Torquey Guy
Hi $hadow,

How did you get 16GB RAM in your y510p?
Did you negotiate with your dealer to pay only the differential amount for additional 8GB or did you have to pay for 16GB?

Correct me if I am wrong, i think there are 2 DIMM slots which come preinstalled with 4GB RAM in each slot.

BTW, I got my y510p about a week back from a Chennai dealer. Needless to say its a great machine.

diya.r

Broken In

Did you actually check the laptop itself. Because my y510p says its synaptics touchpad . And most who have bought the laptop here say the same as well

Maverick03

Broken In
Guys i am from hyderabad. And i booked it from madhapur. I did it check the specs and saw the settings it showed elan touchpad! :/

Although this goes for Y500 users, but it should work for Y510p users too and might be useful for most of us.

@all elan touchpad Y500 users

if you are facing problems then ask Lenovo Service centers to replace your elan with synaptics at no extra cost, a friend of mine had a 650M FHD Elan variant which started to have issues with the touchpad, after requesting Lenovo to change it to Synaptics, they placed an order for the same but couldnt get it imported so yesterday they called and said that they will give a new laptop with synaptics and FHD.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys getting my Y510P tomorrow :)

BTW - Most of the time; it wud be used on the bed :p

Suggest me some good cooling pad that I can place under it! Thanks.

NearCry

MISSING U ASSEMBLY LINE
Guys getting my Y510P tomorrow :)

BTW - Most of the time; it wud be used on the bed :p

Suggest me some good cooling pad that I can place under it! Thanks.

Hey if you are going to use the laptop for heavy gaming then you should try the cooling pad given in link below

LAPTOP-OR-NOTEBOOK-COOLING-PAD-L6-NOTEBOOK-COOLER-With-Dual-14CM-Fan-Black

It is the best VFM cooling pad as it gives 115CFM of air flow as against others in this price range which usually give 25-40CFM of air flow.
Also an interesting proposition for you will be this if you plan on using it in bed

MULTIPURPOSE-LAPTOP-FOLDABLE-TABLE-E-TABLE-WITH-2-USB-FANS-MODEL-LD09

This one is a laptop table with inbuilt fan so choose depending on use. Personally i have the cooling pad mentioned first and it works really good and is quiet and has good build quality.

$hadow

Geek in making
Hi $hadow,

How did you get 16GB RAM in your y510p?
Did you negotiate with your dealer to pay only the differential amount for additional 8GB or did you have to pay for 16GB?

Correct me if I am wrong, i think there are 2 DIMM slots which come preinstalled with 4GB RAM in each slot.

BTW, I got my y510p about a week back from a Chennai dealer. Needless to say its a great machine.

No mine is one 8gb and the remaining one was empty so I purchased another 8gb ram and installed it.

You can still use 326.80 beta. I'm using it with no problem.

Looks like I should be checking out the new drivers very soon.

dbehera28

The Torquey Guy
No mine is one 8gb and the remaining one was empty so I purchased another 8gb ram and installed it.
Looks like I should be checking out the new drivers very soon.

Okay, thats good. Let me check if i can get a good deal for 8 GB RAM from my dealer.

DPYBROS

Right off the assembly line
No worries...!! Happy that i could help:)
And it is synaptic.

Anybody had the key roll over issue ?

That key roll over is possibly caused by synaptics software. Go to synaptics settings and turn the "palm check" all the way down to off. I had a similar issue on another laptop and this fixed it.

udit247

Journeyman
When did you purchased yours since mine is definitely matte display with synaptic touch pad you check my review. It has pic so you can compare yours with mine.

Hi
I purchased it on 31/08/2013 from a multi-brand showroom at Nehru Place in Delhi.:|

udit247

Journeyman

If you are getting the best deal than you should go ahead with your order, the performance of Elan touchpad is average but you may not notice it if you use quality mouse like I do.

Maverick03

Broken In
Definitely i will be using mouse while gaming but i didn't want end up buying a problematic piece. And yes deal is good, i have booked it for 72k.

$hadow

Geek in making
If you are getting the best deal than you should go ahead with your order, the performance of Elan touchpad is average but you may not notice it if you use quality mouse like I do.

A faulty touchpad can make you insane it is better not to end up your device in service center soon after purchase

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Would be getting my beast tomorrow!

I am also planning to get a[FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif] Cooler Master Notepal U3 cooling pad. Or any other recommendations for the cooling pad?[/FONT][FONT=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Top Bottom