:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
I do hate the Attitude of Lewis, so every race i expect him to crash out, but i like HK in Mclaren, and always wish those Reds win, FERRARI rules ... :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
"I don't mind that. Like I said he has his own opinion on anything, but that is not what happened at the first corner. It is more about what happens when you cut a chicane and get an advantage or not.

"If you put the concrete wall there you could never come there in the first place, it is more about that than what happened at the first corner."

That is Kimi's response. "Zor ka jhatka dheere se".

These drivers should take him as role model while talking before press.

Decent, expressionless and totally mature. Thinks 100 times before giving a statement.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Too bad Lewis, with statements like those, he will only demean himself and the sport.

If anything to go by, let him sit in any other car and then talk.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
This season isn't over yet, what if Lewis or Felipe crash out every race., :p

Remember last season, all discounted Kimi, yet he pulled it in the last two races. It's not over until it's over!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Ejjactly.

last year

5 races left. Lewis has 18pt advantage over Kimi.

This year, it's 19pt.

and he just tried to hit at Kimi :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ferrari extend Raikkonen's contract
Ferrari have extended reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen's deal to the end of the 2010 season, ending speculation that Fernando Alonso will be joining the team.

A team statement read: "Ferrari announces that it has extended its agreement with Kimi Raikkonen to the end of the 2010 race season.

"Therefore, the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver line-up remains unchanged for the next two coming seasons."

Raikkonen's teammate, Felipe Massa, signed a deal through to the end of 2010 last year.

Raikkonen has endured a difficult season in 2008 and his chances of retaining his crown look slim with five races to go.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said last month, however, that he expected Raikkonen to return to his best form soon.

"All this criticism (of Raikkonen) reminds me of when (Filippo) Inzaghi was at Juventus: if he didn't score for three games, everyone would say he was in crisis," said di Montezemolo.

"It can't be forgotten that he's the world champion, and that last year he won in his first season with Ferrari, while many people never thought he would do so. Now he has 17 victories and I hope he'll get back to winning ways in the next Grand Prix in Belgium. Anyway, he's not a driver in crisis.

"Kimi is motivated and we must work to put him in the conditions to start races nearer the front, especially on these new circuits which I don't like and are bad for F1: you can't overtake on them, and nine times out of ten the man on pole wins."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70498
=====================================

Webber: Driving etiquette easy to clarify
Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) director Mark Webber thinks it will be easy to clarify driving etiquette regulations about cutting chicanes to prevent a repeat of the Spa controversy.

"I think it is quite straightforward," he said. "All you have to do is make sure it goes back to position at the next corner.

"It is like here at Monza. If I miss the first chicane and let the guy back through, jump back on his tail and do him at the second chicane, then I would never have done that if I hadn't jumped the first chicane.

"That is something I should be penalised for - and it is exactly what Lewis did."

Webber also rubbished any suggestions that the penalty handed down to Hamilton at Spa is going to act as a deterrent for other drivers when it comes to overtaking.

"You don't get penalised for overtaking people. Lewis did not get penalised for the move itself. He got penalised for taking an advantage from the previous corner."

He added: "I was a bit surprised that he lost the victory but I also felt that if he passed him after Eau Rouge then it would not even have been a subject. But it is very, very easy to think like that and talk like that after the event.

"He was clearly in a good position to attack at La Source because of missing the chicane at the previous corner. Speeds over the start/finish line are totally irrelevant because I think when you miss the previous corner then Kimi is on full throttle, he had no choice but to be full throttle, but Lewis could tune his attack for the next corner.

"So it made it a lot easier for him to attempt an overtaking move."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70490
that makes...Only McLaren's & their fanboys think FIA supported Ferrari:p

==============================================

Sutil quickest in very wet first practice:eek:
Adrian Sutil emerged fastest for Force India in a very wet opening practice session for the Italian Grand Prix, having been one of the few drivers to set a flying lap when the circuit was vaguely dry.
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/6421/screenshot001td3.jpg
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/screenshot001td3.jpg/1/w551.png
...more

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
:D .. Hope it rains cats and dogs tmro and also on race day :D :twisted:
:twisted: Both Fisico and Sutil set their best time in lesser wet conditions, later it started raining heavily, but ya i am happy to see Force India on top :p

Anyway don't pray for rain as Ferrari are crap in rain.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Just look at this website Planet-f1 they are so biased towards their boy Lewis hamilton( a guy born with a golden spoon in his mouth and has incredibly huge balls), just look at the photo they chose for Kimi,

*www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4135040,00.html

Just pathetic journalism.

And also take a look at their main site. *www.planetf1.com/

Rahim

Married!
Kimi has to put some seriousness in his head as he said after Spa that he didnt wanted the 2nd place and pushed himself too much. Having some points is good than having nothing at all.
Extension of his contract? Does it mean Alonsa would replace Massa? It will be a disater, not that i hate Alonso. But we should learn from McLaren debacle of 2 championship contenders in the same team.

Lewis tries to portray himself as sweet, honest 10 year old but he is playboy :evil:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3262_4130386,00.html
LOOOL

that site's of U.K.

wth you expect from the brits:p, who have lewis as their only god, they've forgotten Jenson, DC:p

btw, Massa also has contract till 2010

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The more wet races, the lower are chances for Massa to win the championship.

Ferrari should fix this problem that they have in wet conditions. I believe they haven't won a single wet race this year (on merit).

Moreover, They are unable to get to terms with KERS that will be deployed in the cars in next season. Let's hope that they fix everything for the next race.

Main problem for them is getting heat into the tyres. That is what is killing their chances to quality in first row and that is what is killing their pace in wet races.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Vettel takes sensational maiden win

hamilton was the guy who made the race interesting with some superb overtaking (& some not so superb).

at one point ham. was set finish on podium:eek:

kimi better finds a way to make his car work instead of partying:|

*img301.imageshack.us/img301/4107/f11lb0.jpg

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/2936/f12bi1.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Rivals slate Hamilton's F1 driving standards.
Fernando Alonso and Timo Glock both claimed F1 pace-setter Lewis Hamilton made 'unnecessary movements' while battling at the Italian Grand Prix.
Formula 1 World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton has again come under fire in the wake of the Italian Grand Prix at the weekend – this time for his driving etiquette.

The McLaren-Mercedes star – who divided paddock opinion with his chicane-cutting during the Belgian Grand Prix just over a week ago, and who only very recently criticised the behaviour of some of his fellow drivers during qualifying [see separate story – click here] – qualified just 15th at Monza after making a severely misguided tyre choice in Q2.

That left him having to fight his way up through the order to his eventual seventh place finish at the chequered flag – rather too robustly on occasion, some have claimed.

“There were some unnecessary movements he made,” former team-mate and sworn rival Fernando Alonso told reporters at the famous Italian circuit, “and he repeated them with [Timo] Glock and [Mark] Webber. It is his way of racing.”

“I do not know what he was thinking,” agreed Toyota ace Glock – Hamilton's successor as GP2 Series Champion last year – in an interview with German broadcaster RTL. “I was right next to him, but he left me no room.

“Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track. The next time I am with him on-track, I will behave with him in exactly the same way.”

The contact with Webber to which Alonso referred came late on in the race, as the Australian and Hamilton tussled over seventh place and locked wheels going into the first chicane – though the latter is adamant he did nothing wrong.

“I made sure I covered my inside spot, but I didn't want to stay there on the wet patch or I wouldn't have made the corner,” the 23-year-old explained. “He (Webber) just clipped my front wheel and went on.”

Following the race, Hamilton now holds a slender one-point advantage over Ferrari's Felipe Massa in the title chase, pending McLaren's Spa-Francorchamps appeal.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom