P3. Massa
P4. Kubica
P5. Glock
P.6 Kimi :|:x

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Raikkonen rues costly driving error
Kimi Raikkonen blamed a driving error for his disappointing result in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Finn will start the race from sixth position, on the dirty side, at a circuit where overtaking is virtually impossible.

World champion Raikkonen is under no illusions about the difficulty of the task ahead of him tomorrow, but he has vowed not to give up.

"I made a mistake on my final flying lap which cost me precious time, and that followed on from not having got a great lap on my previous attempt, which explains why I'm sixth," said Raikkonen.

"Of course I am not happy and, starting from the third row, my race will be an uphill struggle. I will try and make the most of this situation, given that the car today was not that bad.

"We are going through a bit of a difficult time but we mustn't give up: all we need to do is put together all the pieces of the jigsaw and then the results will come to us again."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69621

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Dennis dismisses Alonso's claims
McLaren boss Ron Dennis has hit back at claims by former driver Fernando Alonso that he may not have had the chance to fight for the championship this year if he had stayed at the Woking-based team.

Alonso said in the build-up to the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend that he is not dispirited by the season he has had at Renault because there was no guarantee he would have gone any better if he had remained at McLaren.

"Last year again it is true that I had a possibility to fight for the championship and it was okay," said Alonso, who McLaren replaced with Heikki Kovalainen.

"I knew that this year it was not possible any more. But if I was racing for McLaren now at this moment maybe I would be in the same position as I am now without the possibility to win."

Alonso's comments are believed to revolve around his suspicions that McLaren's focus may have been on Lewis Hamilton - which would have effectively made him the team's number two.

But on the anniversary of Alonso's row with the team in Hungary last year, Dennis has rubbished the Spanish driver's claims – and insists his team have always operated a policy of equality, and will continue to.

Speaking on Sunday morning about Alonso's provocative remarks, Dennis said: "Firstly, when the contract with Fernando was terminated there were pre-conditions which determined the behaviour of both parties post-termination. We have no intention of breaching that agreement. His opinion is his opinion - I'm not going to voice my opinion about anything that Fernando has done or said.

"What I would say is you can't see any strings leading to Heikki's shoulders and he's an honest guy. He will more than convince anyone who talks to him that this is a team absolutely committed to equality. It always has been, and it always will be.

"People will point to the last grand prix and say it's absolutely obvious there were team orders in that event because it was clear that Heikki moved over and let Lewis past. The essential fact was that throughout that race Lewis was nearly seven-tenths of a second faster than Heikki and he knew that, he was told that. He was not told to let Lewis past.

"But when you are in a team and you know that your teammate has the opportunity of winning the race and you don't, if you have the right values and values that are not lodged solely and exclusively in your own motives, your own objectives and your own selfishness, then you take a decision. Which is allow the driver past to have a chance of winning the race - which he did."

Dennis added: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating. You could go back through the entire history of McLaren, you could talk to any driver that has driven for McLaren and you will not find anyone - save for one - who will not verify that this team always runs on the basis of equality and always will."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69647

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
WFT, did you guys see Massa overtaking Lewis in the very first corner. Just awesome. braking late and then pulling away and away.

Heikki wins the race

1) Heikki Kovalainen
2) Timo Glock
3) Kimi Raikkonen
4) Fernando Alonso
5) Lewis Hamilton
6) Nelson Piquet
7) Jarno Trulli
8) Robert Kubica
9) Mark Webber
10) Nick Heidfeld
11) David Coulthard
12) Jenson Button
13) Kazuki Nakajima
14) Nico Rosberg
15) Giancarlo Fisichella
16) Rubens Barrichello
17) Felippe Massa (engine Failure)
18) Sebastian Bourdais
19) Adrian Sutil (Brake failure)
20) Sebastian Vettel (Retired)

Drivers:

1 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 62
2 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 57
3 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 54
4 Robert Kubica Polish BMW Sauber 49
5 Nick Heidfeld German BMW Sauber 41
6 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 38
7 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 22
8 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 18
9 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull-Renault 18
10 Timo Glock German Toyota 13
11 Nelsinho Piquet Brazilian Renault 13
12 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Honda 11
13 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 8
14 Kazuki Nakajima Japanese Williams-Toyota 8
15 David Coulthard British Red Bull-Renault 6
16 Sebastian Vettel German STR-Ferrari 6
17 Jenson Button British Honda 3
18 Sebastien Bourdais French STR-Ferrari 2

19 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Force India-Ferrari 0
20 Takuma Sato Japanese Super Aguri-Honda 0
21 Adrian Sutil German Force India-Ferrari 0
22 Anthony Davidson British Super Aguri-Honda 0

Constructor:

01 Ferrari 111
02 McLaren-Mercedes 100
03 BMW Sauber 90
04 Toyota 35
05 Renault 31
06 Red Bull-Renault 24
07 Williams-Toyota 16
08 Honda 14
09 STR-Ferrari 8
10 Force India-Ferrari 0

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Honda may offer Alonso short-term deal
Honda Racing may be willing to risk signing Fernando Alonso with only a short-term commitment as part of a renewed push to lure the Spaniard on board.

Autosport exclusively revealed in June that Alonso was Honda Racing's main target for 2009, but one of the stumbling blocks to a deal is the fact that the double world champion wants to keep his long-term options open as he eyes potential vacancies at Ferrari.

Alonso is believed to crave the chance to lead efforts at Ferrari, but his hopes of racing there do depend on the future of Kimi Raikkonen, whose current contract expires at the end of 2009.

The desire not to miss out on a 2010 chance has left Alonso unwilling to commit elsewhere for more than the next season - something few teams would be willing to do.

However, with Honda Racing believed to crave a big-name driver to make the most of a 2009 car that has been spearheaded by team principal Ross Brawn, high level sources within the team have revealed that they are now mulling over gambling on only a one or two year deal.

The hope is that the machinery produced will be enough to keep Alonso on board for longer than the initial single year. And the experience of Alonso at McLaren, where they parted company after one year despite a multi-season agreement, has taught the team that even long-term deals provide no security.

When asked by autosport.com if it was vital Alonso committed for more than one year, Brawn said: "I think any team would want to have a longer term deal – any driver for one year is difficult.

"But if you have one year and do well, then it becomes two years and three years. It depends how well you do. I am sure the McLaren deal was more than a one-year deal and that didn't last beyond a year."

Brawn would not comment on how far talks with Alonso had progressed, or make any predictions on the chances of a deal being put together.

"Fernando is one of the top drivers in F1," he said. "And I think every team apart from one in the pitlane would welcome him. We are no different, but whether it happens, who knows?"

Honda Racing are likely to keep Jenson Button on board for 2009 whatever happens, with Rubens Barrichello's future dependent on the success of the team's plans to capture Alonso.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69683

VD17

Journeyman
Heh... it is solely Alonso's attitude that is having him run pillar to post for a good team. Serves him right!

No offense to his fans! Just my opinion... you're welcome to disagree.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
THE EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX - Valencia

Raikkonen steals Alonso's thunder in FP2
Kimi Raikkonen beat home crowd favourite Fernando Alonso to the fastest time in the second free practice session at the new Valencia street track.

Until Raikkonen's last gasp lap, Alonso looked set to end the day at the top of the timesheets, having leapt to the front of the field on the supersoft Bridgestones with four minutes remaining, only for the reigning champion to pip him by 0.020 seconds in the closing moments

...more
*img184.imageshack.us/img184/8162/screenshot002ym7.jpg
*img184.imageshack.us/img184/8162/screenshot002ym7.ea4e4d0969.jpg

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ah, its back from the break, happy :D

Qualifying today as 5:30 and Race tomorrow at the same time.

Woah, cool circuit Valencia, and what a qualifying session, Sebastian Vettel in a Toro Rosso beat all in Q1 and Q2, but couldn't manage it on a brim filled Q3, have to watch out for him tomorrow.

Final Result:
-----------
1. Felipe Massa
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Robert Kubica
4. Kimi Raikkonen
5. Heikki Kovalainen
6. Sebastian Vettel

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Massa beats Hamilton to Valencia pole
Felipe Massa beat Lewis Hamilton to pole position for the first Grand Prix to be held at the Valencia street circuit.

The duo battled fiercely in Q3, with Ferrari driver Massa initially taking provisional pole by a commanding half a second after Hamilton made an error in the final sector.

Undaunted, Hamilton (McLaren) tried again and on his second run he was able to edge ahead of the Brazilian by 0.2 seconds, only for Massa to find even more time and leap back to the timesheets in a 1:13.989.

After topping final practice, Robert Kubica again showed very strong pace as he grabbed third on the grid for BMW - forcing Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari and Heikki Kovalainen's McLaren down to fourth and fifth.

But the real star of qualifying was Sebastian Vettel, who was fastest of all in Q2 and then claimed a superb sixth on the grid for Toro Rosso, with his teammate Sebastien Bourdais reaching Q3 for the first time and taking 10th.

Jarno Trulli (Toyota) also had the chance to top a session, leading the way in Q1, and then qualified seventh ahead of BMW's Nick Heidfeld and Williams' Nico Rosberg. The former was fortunate to reach Q3 after having to take to the asphalt run-off in Q1 due to a misunderstanding with Timo Glock in traffic.

One of the biggest shocks of qualifying was home favourite Fernando Alonso's absence from Q3. The former champion had been rapid in both practice and first qualifying, only to run wide over a high kerb on his final Q2 lap and end up 12th, with his Renault teammate Nelson Piquet also struggling in 15th.

Williams' Kazuki Nakajima came within 0.092 seconds of joining teammate Rosberg in the top ten, but there was a bigger gap between the Toyota pair, as Timo Glock lagged half a second behind Trulli and could only qualify 13th.

Red Bull continued to struggle, as they had in practice. Mark Webber made it to Q2, whereas David Coulthard was left 17th, but the Australian was unable to better 14th position.

Also in trouble were Honda, with Jenson Button knocked out in Q1 and left with 16th, and Rubens Barrichello requiring a huge effort just to beat Force India's Adrian Sutil to 19th.
*img365.imageshack.us/img365/6007/screenshot001cz1.jpg
*img365.imageshack.us/img365/6007/screenshot001cz1.84db6e5e54.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's definitely going to be Massa vs Hamilton for this years championship. Yummy!!!

Two young and hot blooded racers fighting for championship.

For me 2007 championship's three way fight was much much more intense than this year's. rather boring races.

PS: Still waiting to see Schumi like overtakings and flat out drives.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Massa Won.
1. Massa
2. Hamilton
3. Kubica

Kimi out with a blown engine.. He was also responsible for a accident, he tried to drive away before the fule rig was off the car, taking a mechanic with him.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I don't think it wa him, the flag was green the hose was stuck, the other guy trying to release the hose also couldn't do it easily.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ I saw the replay .. the light never turned green. RED then both RED and Amber .. but didnot turn to green.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ooh splendid drive Felipe :)

Poor Kimi, is it luck or what?! Has the iceman turned into ice? :confused:

I sometimes feel that Ferrari is rooting the same treatment to Kimi that Mclaren did to Alonso last season., what's with Michael always cheering Felipe and Kimi's (non)antics with the car. Kimi is usually very cool headed unlike the pit incident today. I hope I'm wrong.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's just that Kimi didn't get the car that he wanted this year. Moreover, seems like he lack motivation.

2009 will be Kimi's year. I think he is gonna sit with engineers and get the car designed to suit his driving style.

For this year, clearly it will be Lewis vs Massa unless Kimi finds his form back.

still 6 more races to go.

1) SPA. This one has been Kimi's favourite track and with a new engine under the hood, expect Kimi dictating terms here. Ferrari has the edge
2) Italy. Ferrari's home race. McLaren has been challenging Ferrari for past 4 years but overall, it's a Ferrari's track
3) Singapore. Looks like a tight street racing circuit. McLaren's may have advantage.
4) Japan. McLaren all the way here. Ferrari always struggled in Japan
5) China. Ferrari's hunting ground this one is.
6) Brazil. Massa's race this will be. You just can't stop him on this track.

By the look of it, I think Ferrari and Massa have clear edge in Constructors and Drivers championship respectively.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Nicole Scherzinger writes song for lover Lewis Hamilton
By ANI

London, Aug 28 (ANI): American pop/R and B singer Nicole Scherzinger has written a song for her lover, British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton.

The song called 'I Think I'm In Love', according to Scherzinger, has a very personal meaning.

"It is a very personal song. It's very in-depth and emotional, a real song that I know is going to connect with people," the Sun quoted her as saying.

The singer has not been able to decide whether to make the song a late edition to the band's album Doll Domination, which is out next month, or save it for her solo album to follow.

"She has only just finished it but it could be rushed on to the new album," a source said.

"There are reports on the internet claiming to have the tracklist but so far only about seven songs are definite.

"Nicole is really proud of this new one and they could squeeze it on," the source added.

Hamilton and Scherzinger had first met at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Munich last November.

They began stepping out as a couple earlier this year and have become almost inseparable. (ANI)

source - yahoooo

Nicole Scherzinger - Pussy Cat Dolls band
*img354.imageshack.us/img354/1777/nicolescherzingereventsyj9.th.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Hamilton storms to Belgian GP pole
Lewis Hamilton took a dominant pole position for the Belgian Grand Prix, resisting a strong challenge from his main title rival Felipe Massa.

Heikki Kovalainen put the second McLaren third on the grid, but three-time race winner Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) will start only fourth this time.

McLaren looked on course for a front row sweep after the first flying laps of Q3, with Hamilton and Kovalainen provisionally holding first and second.

Massa was back in fifth thanks to a scruffy first run, but he recovered well to set a 1:47.678 lap at the second attempt to usurp Hamilton.

The Briton was already responding, however, beating all three of Massa's new benchmark sector times and producing a 1:47.338 to snatch pole back by over three tenths of a second.

Kovalainen, who had topped Q2, had to settle for third, just over a tenth quicker than Raikkonen.

Nick Heidfeld out-qualified his BMW teammate Robert Kubica for only the second time this year as the German took fifth, alongside Renault's Fernando Alonso, while Kubica had to settle for eighth....
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom