:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Another mistake by Kimi in final fllying lap. Surely, he does look out of touch this year.

It's gonna be Massa vs Lewis for the driver's championship.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Someone said, "At SPA, if it rains, it will be a lottery of F1 win".

Do you guys think that Lewis is the new rain master.

My pick will be Alonso. He bloody overtook four cars on the final lap.

Heidfeld too overtook 4 drivers

Seriously, I want to see Alonso in red dress next year :)

The only way for Ferrari to go far ahead of McLaren is by getting Alonso into the team. He is the only one that can boost the Ferrari and make it downright reliable and moreover, he is the rainmaster and he has extreme hatred on McLaren.

Rahim

Married!
^Alonso changed to wet-weather tyres for the last lap and got the advantage.
Kimi got bogged by that traffic when Hamilton over-took him and it seems Kimi either wants to win the race or throw it away and it has happened too many times.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I just hate such type of races, Lewis absolutely never deserved to win this race!! Just terrible luck for Kimi, looks like the reputed Finnish luck has hit him again this season, I just hope he doesn't go the Mika's way of sudden retirement..:|

Monza in one week, I'm already fired up!

Rahim

Married!
^Exactly for me. Previously i was glued to the races and wont budge to do anything, but now its so boring and un-interesting and prefer to watch a soccer match of local Kolkata League :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^:eek:
:))
Raikkonen: Second was not enough
Kimi Raikkonen said he did not want second place at Spa after crashing out on the penaultimate lap while battling for the lead with Lewis Hamilton

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^That is totally overpunishment by the stewards. Last time Massa overshooted in pitlane and all that FIA did is put a fine in US dollars. They didn't add extra time. This is not fair at all.

Clearly, Lewis gave back the lead to Kimi after coming out of that final corner. But Lewis took the lead just coz Kimi braked too early at the first corner and Lewis braked extremely late and slided his car nicely making Schumi like overtaking manuevre. Really,this is downright frustrating.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if only hamilton didnt talk so much about "how easily he wins...", i'd have supported him.

=====================================

01 Lewis Hamilton 76
02 Felipe Massa 74
03 Robert Kubica 58
04 Kimi Räikkönen 57
05 Nick Heidfeld 49
06 Heikki Kovalainen 43
07 Jarno Trulli 26
08 Fernando Alonso 23
09 Mark Webber 19
10 Timo Glock 15
11 Nelsinho Piquet 13
12 Sebastian Vettel 13
13 Rubens Barrichello 11
14 Nico Rosberg 9
15 Kazuki Nakajima 8

==================

did hamilton really slow down?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M

see this onboard, he didnt slow down, he just let kimi get a little ahead of him, & thats it, ham. floored & tucked behind kimi.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
=-=-=-=-=-=
Trulli: Hamilton gained an advantage

Jarno Trulli says he has no doubts that Lewis Hamilton did gain an advantage by cutting the chicane at the Belgian Grand Prix.

As the controversy rages over whether the race stewards were right to hand down a 25-second penalty for Hamilton's driving, Trulli thinks that the McLaren driver did benefit from missing out the final corner.

"In my opinion Hamilton got an advantage by cutting the chicane," Trulli told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Had he stayed on the road, he wouldn't have had the speed to overtake the Ferrari.

"In the same way at Monza someone could cut the first chicane, catch a rival's draft, and overtake him under braking at Roggia.

"When you attack on the outside, you do it at your own risk, because who's on the inside has the right to do the corner. If there isn't enough room, then you lift.

"Had there been a wall there, instead of the surfaced escape route, would Lewis have attacked anyway? Had there been gravel, he wouldn't have had the chance to attack when rejoining the track because of dirty tyres."

McLaren are due to decide today whether or not to press ahead with their plans to appeal Hamilton's penalty, which dropped him from first to third in the race results.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70435
====================================

Singapore confirms timetable overhaul
Singapore Grand Prix officials have confirmed a major timetable overhaul to allow for more night running over the weekend, as autosport.com exclusively predicted in May.

Following concerns from F1 teams about not enough track time in the dark with the original timetable, the running for practice and qualifying has now been moved back.

First practice will start at 7pm local time on Friday, when the sun sets, with second practice scheduled for 9.30pm.

Saturday's free practice session is at 7pm, with qualifying taking place at 10pm. The race remains at its original starting time of 8pm.

Ticket sales for the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix have gone well, with only 1000 three-day grandstand tickets still available.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70439

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
There is no doubt he gained the advantage by cutting the corner, one of which could be of better positioning of his car to attack in the next corner. Rest all favouritism and controversies are just exaggerated gibberish.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Hamilton says Kimi has got no balls to race. :x
Hamilton was handed the penalty after the race stewards deemed he had benefited from jumping the final chicane when fighting with Kimi Raikkonen.
The duo battle for several corners and made contact a few times, but eventually Hamilton emerged in front.
And the Briton denied Raikkonen was braking too early during his fight.
"Well, that's his driving, that's all," he said. "That is how he drives. If you don't have the balls to brake late then that is your problem! At the end of the day, in those situations it is the driver who can feel the grip more and put the car more on the edge.
"And I know I am great in those conditions. I felt the grip more than him, I knew where to place my car and I did place it in different positions to him and I found the grip."
EDIT: *www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70474
Too arrogant of a pig according to me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^OMG.

He didn't know that he is dealing with a sleeping lion.

Kimi will now make him rue this for his entire life.

Gone bugger Gone!!!!

Slowly but certainly, ego is creeping into Lewis's mind. now, he is showing his true character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom