The definitive Xbox discussion thread | Don't troll

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
SAUDI ARABIA WANTS THE XBOX ONE THE MOST (ACCORDING TO GAMESPOT)

I guess people there like the TV and living room features. It can prove to be a strong point for Xbox One.

Sunday Seven: How the Xbox One Could Win Next-Gen

I find the living room features and exclusives, as valid opinions.

Xbox One memory performance improved for production console

Microsoft is now claiming a higher bandwidth than PS4 with some modifications of their ES RAM chip. Its now 192GB/s but the memory size is limited to 32 mb for to and fro communication at these bandwidths whereas PS4 has full 8gb at 176 GB/s.

Best Thing About Next-Gen: Stunning List of Open World Games

Quite an ambitious as well as amazing list.

heidi2521

Padawan
News: Assassin's Creed creator: Microsoft "didn't have to mention" Xbox One needed an internet connection - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Just no. Patrice, go home.

But I was a bit like, 'Really?' It's all going to be digital, and we're already halfway through it. That's why I took the CD as an example. I know some people still buy CDs and vinyl, but nobody's yelling at Apple because of iTunes. I just find that a bit hypocritical. Just a little bit.

Except that iTunes doesn't require you to log in every 24 hours and the CDs & Vinyl you purchase don't have to be registered with iTunes.

The problem is the message, and how to deliver the message. They focused on the wrong stuff. They didn't have to mention that you needed an internet connection every 24 hours. They didn't have to do that.

And let a massive shitstorm hit them after the consoles release that would be a million times worse than the RRoD fiasco?

The hardcore gamers - will buy both consoles in the end anyway.

I guess me and my friend circle aren't hardcore now because we have chosen PC + 3DS :|

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup, he's leaving for Zynga. I kinda didn't like this guy too. :neutral:

Microsoft's Entertainment Head Don Mattrick Leaving for Top Zynga Job - Kara Swisher - Commerce - AllThingsD

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I don't like any business executives...especially the american ones :p

But there's an exception in my case. I'm the biggest fan of "Jack Tretton".:p I guess you know him too. :)

Been watching his presentations since E3 2006. A wonderful guy imo.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Microsoft Xbox One Cracked Opened: First Photos of Hardware Inside Xbox One Emerge - X-bit labs

Gollum

Collector
Why is the fan pulling air out of the heatsink instead of blowing air into it. Even hardware is a fail here lol
*www.xbitlabs.com/images/news/2013-06/microsoft_xbox_one_opened_a.jpg

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Why is the fan pulling air out of the heatsink instead of blowing air into it. Even hardware is a fail here lol
*www.xbitlabs.com/images/news/2013-06/microsoft_xbox_one_opened_a.jpg

isnt it the same setup for even the heatsinks on your cpu (pc)??

heidi2521

Padawan
Mecha Damashii » News: Titanfall’s Mecha Aren’t Mecha…Apparently

“Mech is kind of a dirty word with us, we don’t like it. These aren’t mechs”

If you say so...

At least my comments on Titanfall's mechs not feeling like mechs should are vindicated.

Microsoft: No Xbox One in Japan this Year: ?Tier 2 Country? Asks Journalist Not to Report Negatively | DualShockers

Kinect HD Is Xbox One's Best Idea - Forbes

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Guys if you won't tell me if anything is missing in the OP, I will have to finalize that and remove the "Work in Progress tag".

If no response by day after tomorrow, the tag gets removed.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
We asked Microsoft what happens if the Xbox One’s Kinect sensor stops working?

We already know the Xbox One needs its Kinect sensor to be operational, but what happens if the fancy new motion tracking camera malfunctions or gets damaged? Can you walk into a store and buy a replacement, or do you need to send it in to Microsoft for repairs?

Checking for the former, we cruised a few retail websites and noticed that the Xbox One’s unique but mandatory peripheral was not listed among the console’s accessories. This lead us to reach out to Microsoft for more information on this matter and here’s what a company spokesperson had to say.

“Xbox One is still in development and we are excited to share more over the coming months, but we don’t have anything further to share at this time.”

Not the clearest answer to say the least, but it sounds like some type of solution is in the works. Many have labeled the Xbox One’s bundled Kinect sensor as the driving force that pushed the system’s price point to $500 — $100 more than Sony’s PlayStation 4.

If in fact this is the case and Microsoft elects to sell its new motion tracker as a standalone product, people will likely expect the camera to be priced around $100 or less, but bear in mind that the original Kinect sensor debuted with a price tag of $150.

There’s also a possibility that Microsoft may not bring the Xbox One’s Kinect to retailers at all, with the company instead offering its own repair and replacement services directly to consumers.

As of now we’re not completely sure what the future will hold for Xbox One owners with troubled Kinect sensors, but until Microsoft makes its plans clear, you might want to take a look at what not to do to the system’s required hardware.

Steve Ballmer is Taking Command of Xbox One

Ballmer taking control of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business may be part of his restructuring plan.

It was a big surprise that Don Mattrick, the former head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business who just addressed the gaming nation over the DRM changes regarding the upcoming Xbox One console, stepped down from his role to become CEO of struggling FarmVille developer Zynga. Yet it shouldn't be a surprise: after all, sources foretold of his departure last week as part of Microsoft's supposed restructuring plan.

For now, Microsoft reportedly doesn't have anyone lined up to fill Mattrick's shoes, so Ballmer himself is taking control of the IEB unit. Currently it's unknown if Ballmer's self-appointment is only temporary, or permanent.

"Don’s directs will report to me and will continue to drive the day-to-day business as a team, particularly focused on shipping Xbox One this holiday," Ballmer said in his email to employees.

Zynga said on Monday that it had named Don Mattrick as its new CEO and a member of the Board of Directors, effective July 8, 2013. Mark Pincus, Zynga’s founding chief executive officer, will remain Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Product Officer of the Company.

“I joined Zynga because I believe that Mark’s pioneering vision and mission to connect the world through games is just getting started. Zynga is a great business that has yet to realize its full potential," Mattrick said. "I’m proud to partner with Mark to deliver high-quality, fun, social games wherever people want to play."
Both announcements seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, especially just weeks after Xbox One went live at E3 2013 and Mattrick settled the dust of controversy over the console's DRM setup. But with Ballmer now in control of the IEB, there's now concern that he's not the right person to lead the Xbox One launch four months from now. He's a charismatic businessman to say the least.

As previously stated, Mattrick's departure was actually reported last week as part of the restructuring plan Microsoft will supposedly undergo. Baller was slated to reveal this plan on Monday, and the announcement conveniently falls on that date. Sources noted that there would be significant departures from Microsoft, and many executives will have larger roles, as business units will be moved around into new divisions.

In addition to Mattrick, the shift supposedly includes Satya Nadella, president of Microsoft’s Servers and Tools division; and Tony Bates, president of its Skype communications unit. Qi Lu, president of Microsoft's Online Services unit, and Terry Myerson, who runs the Windows Phone division, are also in the picture.

That said, more changes within the Redmond walls are expected to arrive soon. Whether Ballmer has revealed his restructuring plan to employees is unknown at this point, but the plan seems to be unfolding nevertheless. Ballmer may wait to fill Mattrick's role with another Microsoft executive until after the console launches in November.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Surprisingly, Valve is said to be announcing some games at their gamescom booth this time, some hope for HL3.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Titanfall Runs At A Solid 60fps, Features Tons of Graphical Effects

Now that's something feisty. I predict that this game is going to sell like crazy.
It will be a new phenomenon after counter strike.

Xbox One Pre-Orders Rising at Amazon But Still Not Sold Out

The 180 U-turn decision has breathed a new life into Xbox-one.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Titanfall Runs At A Solid 60fps, Features Tons of Graphical Effects

Now that's something feisty. I predict that this game is going to sell like crazy.
It will be a new phenomenon after counter strike.

I have decided to buy titanfall instead of BF4 for 2 reasons -
1) this looks fresh and fancy..
2) pricing of BF4 on pc

Top Bottom