The definitive Xbox discussion thread | Don't troll

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yup, EA is the publisher for titanfall. I hope it isn't 3.4k since this doesn't seem to have a strong single player campaign.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Thanks for that info I dint know that EA was the publisher for titanfall too.. Well done EA and MS..

The meetings between IW founders and EA were pretty much the reason Activision kicked them out, which lead to the birth of Respawn. EA is just the publishing partner though, Respawn owns the IP.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, EA is the publisher for titanfall. I hope it isn't 3.4k since this doesn't seem to have a strong single player campaign.
It doesn't even have a single player campaign. *www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/why-titanfall-has-no-single-player-campaign

Multiplayer should be the only reason why a game can be priced high. It's the only way one gets the money worth. Unlike buying a game for 3K, finishing it and then dumping it off into abyss.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
It doesn't even have a single player campaign. Why Titanfall Has No Single-Player Campaign - IGN

Multiplayer should be the only reason why a game can be priced high. It's the only way one gets the money worth. Unlike buying a game for 3K, finishing it and then dumping it off into abyss.

I dont mind spending 3K for a FPS MP game if they can guarantee me that I will not be pushed to the ditch and they release numerous DLC's and premium accounts that are prices same or above the base game that I am willing to buy.

The point is, if I dont upgrade myself with the premium accounts or the DLC's that come up for MP, i will never be able to get the best guns and enjoy the best of the maps on these MP's.

I am not saying that paying for a game after purchasing it is something new and extravaggant. Its there for most of the RPG's that go online and has MP. But there its so evident and certain. I dont expect the same for FPS though.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
The DLCs are inevitable, its got nothing to do with EA, every company is after DLCs these days.
Dont you think EA over does it??

The base/limited versions of their BF games lately are half baked cakes and if you want to enjoy anything close to a full MP, you will need a premium edition which is way higher priced.

My point is, they arent much interested to offer us with any good gameplay for the base version (its more like a framework for something better to come) and the actual game comes out with their DLC's.

Now for a "framework", i cant pay 3.5K. sorry EA..

cyborg47

Technomancer
Not sure how enjoyable Premium is compared to the base version, but I bought the limited edition with B2K for 1k, and had a blast with it. The premium and other DLCs do attract off a lot of gamers, but not all of them. There were ton of people still playing the base version or B2K. The good thing was that I could choose what I wanted, I wasn't interested in anything else but the open maps, so B2K and End game were perfectly enjoyable by me. Though it all doesn't matter right now, thanks to the price hike the base version itself.

..|.. to EA.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Not sure how enjoyable Premium is compared to the base version, but I bought the limited edition with B2K for 1k, and had a blast with it. The premium and other DLCs do attract off a lot of gamers, but not all of them. There were ton of people still playing the base version or B2K. The good thing was that I could choose what I wanted, I wasn't interested in anything else but the open maps, so B2K and End game were perfectly enjoyable by me. Though it all doesn't matter right now, thanks to the price hike the base version itself.

..|.. to EA.

I dint buy any DLC or premium pack on BF3, it was the limited version i got for the preorder. But during recent E3 (thanks to the suckards) I got close quarters for free. I played some of the maps on CQ and they were all great.. So is the new mode (gun master)

I never knew about the fun in them until i got the DLC. And I see so many other mode of play in BF3 which arent avalable for me (for obvious reasons).

As you said, all that doesnt matter.. _l_ EA..

And yeah, i will play BF3 longer..

cyborg47

Technomancer
Hopefully, dice might add a map editor or modding features to the game now that they've milked us with their DLCs :p

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Bethesda: Xbox One is a "nice, robust machine", cross-platform work is a "nightmare"

I guess the different memory architectures has some part to play on this.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Bethesda: Xbox One is a "nice, robust machine", cross-platform work is a "nightmare"

I guess the different memory architectures has some part to play on this.

I don't think so. As far as cross-platform gaming goes, there shouldn't be any problems if they're doing the server-console translations right and correctly choosing what the servers do and what the consoles do.

Development is a different story though. But given how they would have to code for two different graphics libraries on PC and Mac unless they choose to use OpenGL on PC they should not have too much trouble on the 8th gen consoles too.

Or maybe their design process is not quite compatible with working on both consoles simultaneously (that doesn't mean their design process is flawed BTW).

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Xbox One And PlayStation 4 Face Off On The Comic-Con Show Floor

Battle of the titans!!!!

Next-Gen Face-Off: Forza Motorsport 5 vs. Driveclub

So which is better guys?? Driveclub or forza 5

ratul

█████████████████
New Xbox One info from Comic-Con; scanning player's face into games via Kinect

John Callaham said:
As reported by IGN, one of the coolest new features is the ability for any Xbox One game to include a way to put in a real player's face onto an in-game character model, thanks to the new abilities of the included Kinect sensor. It can even track a player's BMI so that the character model in the game looks something like the body of the real player. The Kinect sensor can also track the player's facial expressions and have them appear on the in-game model, which could add something new to multiplayer matches.

Top Bottom