OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Xbox One Overtakes PS4 Hours After DRM Reversal

Amazon.com Best Sellers: Best Video Games

XBOX is back in business. ;)

Japanese Gamers React to Xbox One Changes

Other Japanese game creators, such as Akihiro Hino, have also expressed interest in making Xbox One games. Hino, best known for Professor Layton, told Dengeki Online, "Using the Kinect interface, I'd like to make a role-playing game that allows you to really have a conversation."

Things are looking a bit positive for Xbox in japan.

PS4 vs Xbox One - Pre-Order Totals to June 15th 2013

Xbox One - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Battlefield 4
2. Dead Rising 3
3. Ryse: Son of Rome
4. Madden NFL 25
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts
6. Watch Dogs
7. Forza Motorsport 5
8. Kinect Sports Rivals
9. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
10. Need for Speed Rivals

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Comparison Chart

This more like a specification comparison.

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Bleszinski: Microsoft Changed DRM Due to Sony, Not Fans

Rightly said. Some comparisons with steam were worthwhile.

darkv0id

Journeyman
Xbox One Overtakes PS4 Hours After DRM Reversal

Amazon.com Best Sellers: Best Video Games

The Amazon chart in question is a bit...... misleading, since it's based on the preorders of the past one hour only.

A more comprehensive list would be this, since this one shows preorders since the start of the year.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The Amazon chart in question is a bit...... misleading, since it's based on the preorders of the past one hour only.

A more comprehensive list would be this, since this one shows preorders since the start of the year.

You're absolutely right about Amazon's charts. So far the Xbox has sold 45k units if I'm not mistaken.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Microsoft “Prepared” to Lower Xbox One Price in 2014 – Analyst.

Considering the price of PS4, Xbox-One is relatively overpriced, despite having slightly downgraded specs. It should come down at some point of time, hopefully next year.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Microsoft “Prepared” to Lower Xbox One Price in 2014 – Analyst.

Considering the price of PS4, Xbox-One is relatively overpriced, despite having slightly downgraded specs. It should come down at some point of time, hopefully next year.

PS4 does not include the motion camera. it must be bought separately AFAIK its $59 , so Xbox One is just $41 more than PS4 if you consider the motion controller too.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yeah but the motion camera doesn't have widespread adoption by developers yet. Forcing it is kind of unnecessary.
Sony is giving a choice to customers of buying the core product at a cheaper price.

PS4 also has the beefier GPU to boast and that too again at a cheaper price.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
PS4 does not include the motion camera. it must be bought separately AFAIK its $59 , so Xbox One is just $41 more than PS4 if you consider the motion controller too.

And yet it is also slower. So it should be at ~$420-$450 at the most, assuming the kinect camera is more expensive to make than the Eye.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PlayStation 4 vs Xbox One: Which one has the better gaming controller?

The brutal rivalry between the Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One is surely one of epic proportions. Specs sheets are being thrown left and right as arguments in favor of one console or the other, exclusive titles get analyzed and compared, while each company is using every possible occasion to strike at its opponent. Sometimes, though, we can get a bit carried away in our silly little arguments, focusing on small details that don’t always have a profound impact on our gaming experience. We do tend to forget the importance of some fundamental features of every game console, such as the controller.

In the case of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, we really have two very different gamepads that will surely make hacking and slashing your enemies that much different depending on which console you decide to side with. Let’s take a closer look at the expected pros and cons of both the Xbox One controller, and the PlayStation 4 controller, or the so-called DualShock 4!

1. Build quality
If there’s something characteristic about the Xbox controllers, it’s that despite their bulkiness, users simply find them very comfortable and reliable. Of course, we can’t be sure yet if this will be valid for the Xbox One’s controller in the long run, but if history is to repeat itself, then it means that the next-gen Xbox will easily win this one, as PlayStation controllers have traditionally been prone to various malfunctions after being subjected to some heavier usage (word has it that console controllers take the harshest beating right after a lost game).

2. Key layout and features
So, the standard buttons are present on both devices, including directional D-pad, dual analog sticks and four action keys, with the Xbox One controller keeping its characteristic positioning of the analogs. A new feature of the PS4 controller is the touchpad, positioned right in the center. While we aren’t really into that type of stuff, though, we won’t rush to draw a conclusion about its usefulness. Another change to the PS4 gamepad is that Sony has replaced the Start button with a Menu buttons, which seems to be quite similar in nature, while the new Share button will naturally let you share your numerous successes on the battlefield with your online buddies. Players will surely appreciate the fact that Sony has tried to make the analog sticks a bit more comfortable to use by giving them a bit of a concave shape and coating them with a finish that is less slippery.

Meanwhile, the Xbox One has this really cool new “HD rumble” effect feature that can make certain keys or parts of the gamepad vibrate, so that your attention is drawn to the desired control. In addition, Microsoft boasts a 15% increase in the speed of communication between the controller and the Xbox One, which should make for an even more responsive experience.

When it comes to power management, the Xbox One controller is still using AA batteries, but you can always connect it to the console in order to save power. On the other hand, the PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller comes with a soldered battery unit that can be recharged. Which solution would be more suitable for you depends on your gaming lifestyle, but it’s always a convenience when you don’t need to go to the nearby store when the batteries of your Xbox controller unexpectedly run out.

3. Your turn
So, now that we’ve gone through the most important aspects of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 controllers, it’s your turn to tell us what you think of them. Sony has quite the legacy, but it can’t be denied that Microsoft is doing pretty well with its own controllers. Which one do you think will present gamers with a more refined experience – the Xbox One controller, or the PS4 DualShock 4? Be sure to cast your vote in the poll below and let us know!

New Limited Edition Xbox One Or 360 Coming Out?

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hideo Kojima Praises The Xbox One, May Integrate Kinect And SmartGlass In MGS 5

Kinect integration in MGS5 will be cool indeed with proper utilization of gesture and voice commands.

Microsoft investing $700 million to support cloud

Now that's some hefty sum of money invested.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The moment Kojima decided to praise the graphics of the X1 was the moment that he lost any and all credibility. That and given the fact that virtually all developers used GTX 780s to show off the Xbox, I highly doubt the final game will be even remotely as good as the trailers make them out to be.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The moment Kojima decided to praise the graphics of the X1 was the moment that he lost any and all credibility. That and given the fact that virtually all developers used GTX 780s to show off the Xbox, I highly doubt the final game will be even remotely as good as the trailers make them out to be.

The final product will surpass E3 by a big margin. What was showcased at E3 ran on current gen hardware. Give the following a read:

Metal Gear Solid V on Xbox One and PS4 will look better than E3 trailer

There's another interesting read:

Were Xbox One E3 Demos Running On NVIDIA Hardware? It Doesn't Matter, And Here's Why

Although forbes articles aren't technical, they have a good insight on the flow. Even if some demos ran on a GTX 770 , it also used a desktop OS. Console OS will be far lighter and better capable of using resources. So Xbox-one's graphics, once it launches have a slim chance of looking bad compared to what was shown on the floors. It might surpass the visuals from a GTX 780 , considering the closed box model advantages.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The final product will surpass E3 by a big margin. What was showcased at E3 ran on current gen hardware. Give the following a read:

There's another interesting read:

Were Xbox One E3 Demos Running On NVIDIA Hardware? It Doesn't Matter, And Here's Why

Although forbes articles aren't technical, they have a good insight on the flow. Even if some demos ran on a GTX 770 , it also used a desktop OS. Console OS will be far lighter and better capable of using resources. So Xbox-one's graphics, once it launches have a slim chance of looking bad compared to what was shown on the floors. It might surpass the visuals from a GTX 780 , considering the closed box model advantages.

You're forgetting some things:

GTX 780 uses a completely different architecture from GCN. If some of the xbox dev kits are running Nvidia GPUs, it means that means they have to optimize the graphics codebases for two architectures if Xbox exclusive and three (or more) if multiplatform. With only a few months left before some of the launch titles get released, they must have a final alpha version ready if they want to finish polishing and adapting the game on time to the final hardware. Like the Forbes writer said, it would be absurd to think that they're going to move over to Nvidia for the X1 just because a few dev kits use those GPUs.

I also don't think you can polish a game to such an extent that you can make it work much better on weaker (less than half the power apparently) hardware that is not even the same architecture in four months. Maybe you can, only time will tell.

Apart from that, why would there be a watercooled processor (pretty sure it was a corsair product) in a devkit/demo unit :confused:

Given that the GTX 780 and 770 were released only a few weeks ago, why would microsoft have a whole lot of those cards? And then assuming that the "real" devkits are using AMD goods, are a few weeks (or even a month) enough to adapt a game to a new architecture? Besides, the GTX 770 was launched only 2-3 days before E3, making the appearance of that card almost impossible in a dev kit, and the GTX 780 ~10-12 days, again not giving enough time.

Dev kits are supposed to be representative of the final hardware with adaptations to help developers. It doesn't explain why a high performance computer would be used. Sony was using an add-on PCIE board and windows 7 as it's first dev kit, a far cry from what microsoft seems to be doing.

I agree that the usage of windows 7 is being blown out of proportion (still odd though especially when the OS is in need of moral support ;)), but I just can't ignore the hardware side of things.

cyborg47

Technomancer

The difference is, Kojima is a respected developer, and (no offence), you're just a normal person talking from your computer and extremely dependent on the media to know anything. Yeah its kinda silly for them to be blown up that badly, windows 7 and nvidia graphics card(lolwut!). But not all the kits were running on nvidia graphics cards, that was confirmed by one of the developers. May be the graphics cards don't make much difference in the next gen, or may be the developers haven't fully used the graphics card's potential so that using the g cards from different manufacturer makes any difference.

No way, they'll probably fix some little graphical issues like broken shadows or aliasing, but nothing by a big margin.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
No way, they'll probably fix some little graphical issues like broken shadows or aliasing, but nothing by a big margin.

Yeah because that trailer already looked so gorgeous. No way it looked like a current gen title. I wonder what improvements Kojima San has in mind.

Check this article. Kojima is extremely impressed on Ubisoft's "The Division".

The way i see, there will be some improvements in textures too. But the game already looks jaw dropping.

Side-by-side: Xbox One gamepad vs Xbox 360 gamepad

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Interview: PS4-Xbox One Versions, Weather System, Monsters And Dragons

RedEngine 3 looks highly promising for the next-gen consoles.

The Real Reasons Microsoft, Sony Chose AMD For The Xbox One And PS4

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Simple, Nvidia asked for bigger money, AMD was in desperate need for it :p

Might be, but the author in that article has a strong point which cannot be ignored. AMD simply had the expertise in making APU's and SOC's. Since they were capable of providing both a competing cpu and gpu, it was a solid choice. Getting the cpu from intel and a gpu from nvidia will cost more. SOC design saves considerable amount of silicon owing to cost cutting.

Then the HSA foundation model devised by AMD is also proving to be a future acceptable standard. The consoles definitely needed an edge like that. Considering AMD's expertise in all these fields and also from a financial perspective, it was an obvious choice. :)

Top Bottom