the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
Lately i found that the screen quality of the laptop is not good...its blurry in everything...such a good laptop is spoilt by the bad screen quality. I shud have taken HP or Sony...

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
Get it replaced then. By the way have you tried playing videos with higher resolution, the one you mentioned is too low for a 15 inch screen.

Cyanide

Broken In
I bought K53SV-SX520V and i noticed videos are coming blurry whereas they are coming fine in my old laptop. Is the screen quality bad or Intel HD Graphics 3000 is causing this ?

Same thing happened with my laptop , videos looked blurry . The Asus guy told me to use a screen guard .

One more thing , how to enable the touchpad shortcuts ? scrolling etc ? I did it from that touchpad soft, but it resets after every reboot.

Also,some of the function key shortcuts aren't working :( (mute,volume up etc) , any idea why ? It was working earlier.

Last edited:
OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@Cyanide
Reinstall Elantech drivers for touchpad. To enable Fn key shortcuts install the ATK drivers.

Cyanide

Broken In
@anirudhasarawgi : no , cause when I opened HD wallpapers, they were looking fine on screen (no pixels).

@Alien : Some of the Fn key shortcuts are working and some are not , tried reinstalling the driver.

Top Bottom