the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

s@m

Right off the assembly line
I had almost made my mind to buy the asus k53sv sx521d.But I read the reviews of the lenovo ideapad y570 with i7 2nd gen,6gb ddr3 ram, nvidia gt 555 1gb,win 7 hp,750 gb hdd in the thinkdigit site. Now i m totally confused whether i should look for dis product or i should go with asus? Because it boasts a better graphics card than d asus one and also available at same price point with genuine win7hp. Whats your take guys??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The Lenovo one is the one to get. Better GPU, Win 7 Genuine Advantage better overall laptop.

Its a no brainer :p to get the Y570. Great VFM product.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I had almost made my mind to buy the asus k53sv sx521d.But I read the reviews of the lenovo ideapad y570 with i7 2nd gen,6gb ddr3 ram, nvidia gt 555 1gb,win 7 hp,750 gb hdd in the thinkdigit site. Now i m totally confused whether i should look for dis product or i should go with asus? Because it boasts a better graphics card than d asus one and also available at same price point with genuine win7hp. Whats your take guys??

The Lenovo one is the one to get. Better GPU, Win 7 Genuine Advantage better overall laptop.

Its a no brainer :p to get the Y570. Great VFM product.

Really? I must inform you guys that Y570 has 96 shader variant of GT555M (128 bit), which is more or less GT540. And built quality of Asus is better than Y570. Some quality complaints have also been done in case of Y570.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@dashing.sujay Thanks for the info. Will keep in mind for future. Didnt know the build quality of the given Lenovo was a case of concern. Havent yet got chance to try personally.

harsh304

hi,
i have been little confused whether to buy Asus K53SV-SX521V,i will be buying it from a site rightshopping.in for 49,000 or Asus K53SV-SX521d for 48,000 from site letsbuy.com.what are the steps to do after getting the laptops and how to do them,like installing os,installing drivers etc.I am new to these things,please help.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hi,
i have been little confused whether to buy Asus K53SV-SX521V,i will be buying it from a site rightshopping.in for 49,000 or Asus K53SV-SX521d for 48,000 from site letsbuy.com.what are the steps to do after getting the laptops and how to do them,like installing os,installing drivers etc.I am new to these things,please help.

Go for the SX521D from letsbuy.com. Reason- It has got much powerful graphics. GT540M vs GT520M is like comparing a donkey from an elephant! :p Plus you save 1k also ;)

harsh304

Go for the SX521D from letsbuy.com. Reason- It has got much powerful graphics. GT540M vs GT520M is like comparing a donkey from an elephant! :p Plus you save 1k also ;)

thanks.:).from where can i get windows 7 os in cheaper rates coz if i go for orignal it will cost me arnd 6k more :(

harsh304

There is no such shop providing you cheaper rates for win 7. Maximum difference will be a few hundred bucks.

im getting win7 for 6450 so the overall cost will be around 54500 for Asus K53SV-SX521D.i am getting dell xps 15 i7 2670qm,4gb ram,1 tb hard disk,2gb 540m nvidia graphics,backlit keyboard,780p for 59000.which of the 2 will be a better option?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
4500 for XPS premium. I can't count any better thing about XPS other than best sound + very good built quality. Rest is your decision.

s@m

Thanx guyz for ur valuable suggestions. One more question - how much cheap can i get the asus lappy in US? And is there any change in model no. in US or its just d same? Plz help bcoz d asus US web site did nt help.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes the models in US are different.And also the cost will differ,its definitely cheap there.But you can get good prices here in India also.Anyways you can check the following link:
Asus - K53SV-DH71
Just search the same website for other laptops.

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
I bought K53SV-SX520V and i noticed videos are coming blurry whereas they are coming fine in my old laptop. Is the screen quality bad or Intel HD Graphics 3000 is causing this ?

Top Bottom