Tablet as Laptop replacement 25k

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^ Within a price of Rs.20k,you are getting Notion Ink Cain (Windows Tablet) along with a Bluetooth mouse. It is available only at SNAPDEAL. Most of the users/customers have posted +ve reviews about the Hybrid Tablet. Again your CHOICE your DECISION brother.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^not worth it because their repuation for earlier tabs wasnt good and no warranty,stick to dell imho

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But there is warranty!!!

define warranty,no service centres etc
only 3 -one in bangalore,one in europe and one more somewhere else
rather get the dell or HP

- - - Updated - - -

plus their adam tablet was ridden with loads of issues and was discontinued

kg11sgbg

define warranty,no service centres etc
only 3 -one in bangalore,one in europe and one more somewhere else
rather get the dell or HP

- - - Updated - - -

plus their adam tablet was ridden with loads of issues and was discontinued
Admittedly, correct. But the Cain seems to do a lot better. Much improvement has happened since the dismal performance of Adam tablets. Micromax was regarded as a crappy Phone maker co. ,but not now any more. Its true that branded, MNC are legion ahead than these Indian Cos., but that doesn't mean one has to wither away in failure always.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sorry for bumping this thread.
[MENTION=118867]fz8975[/MENTION], what did you end up buying? Are tablets with keyboard docks (AKA hybrids) allowed there?

kg11sgbg

Swipe Ultimate 3G 2-in-1 hybrid is doing good.It is available at ₹13,990.00 from Flipkart.It has a micro hdmi port,which my spouse's Micromax Canvas LapTab lacks.For the time being it is a very cheap device,though not and never will be a replacement/alternative for a laptop.Windows10 upgrade is guaranteed,provided you have to download + install uptill the latest updates and reserve 3GB space by providing consent to Microsoft.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Swipe Ultimate 3G 2-in-1 hybrid is doing good.It is available at ₹13,990.00 from Flipkart.It has a micro hdmi port,which my spouse's Micromax Canvas LapTab lacks.For the time being it is a very cheap device,though not and never will be a replacement/alternative for a laptop.Windows10 upgrade is guaranteed,provided you have to download + install uptill the latest updates and reserve 3GB space by providing consent to Microsoft.

I wanted to ask for a real hybrid, which contains 1 TB HDD in the keyboard dock. Without that, the keyboard is useless to me.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Buy a chromecast or Teewee dongle
its literally wireless HDMI provided you have a decent router
I have used it on Netgear N300 and N150, no lag etc
runs very well

has a few limitations in terms of castable items etc though so check reviews

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to ask for a real hybrid, which contains 1 TB HDD in the keyboard dock. Without that, the keyboard is useless to me.

I believe Asus has a tab with a 500gb dock if im not wrong

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I believe Asus has a tab with a 500gb dock if im not wrong
T100 ~2 year Old model, overpriced on most stores, unavailable locally.
T200 ~1 year old model, overpriced or unavailable on most stores, unavailable locally. (HDD can be upgraded though)

Raipur (in fact entire MP/CG region) is bad for buying electronics

Acer has underpowered hybrid. Don't know about any other OEM's offerings.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
T100 ~2 year Old model, overpriced on most stores, unavailable locally.
T200 ~1 year old model, overpriced or unavailable on most stores, unavailable locally. (HDD can be upgraded though)

Raipur (in fact entire MP/CG region) is bad for buying electronics

Acer has underpowered hybrid. Don't know about any other OEM's offerings.

What about HP 's stream Windows tab + a makeshift keyboard and hdd case

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What about HP 's stream Windows tab + a makeshift keyboard and hdd case
Like I said, unless the HDD is inside the keyboard dock, the keyboard or rather the entire tablet is useless to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow this thread is still alive :mrgreen:
Getting a convertible will be a better option.

Considering Price and VFM factor, yes. But considering that laptops aren't allowed, no.

$hadow

Geek in making
Like I said, unless the HDD is inside the keyboard dock, the keyboard or rather the entire tablet is useless to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Price and VFM factor, yes. But considering that laptops aren't allowed, no.

There is that as well. At 25k there ain't much of a option which serves great versatility

Top Bottom