Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
has anybody played midtown madness and motocross madness? can we add it under must play..

played both ( even Multi Player ) but did not liked them much.

NWN should be there, the first release only. MotoGP should be there to represent two wheeler racing genre. Other games that need to be removed:-

1) Prototype
2) Blur & Split/Second
3) Flatout (Just watched you have mentioned Flatout 3 in the first post, it's a crap, just try to play once ;))
4) Warlord
5) KoA: Reckoning
6) Singularity
7) Call of Juarez
8) Hitman
9) Darkness II
10) Dark Sector

Where will you get/buy these games anyway? ;)

BLuR is better than some of the games from NFS series - in NFS only MW can be there on the list.

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood is one of the most popular game though Cartel ain't good

Dark Sector is also good ( though reviews ain't good for this one ) this can be either kept or removed. Singularity is also good and better than Bullet
Strom and Darkness II;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
Bulletstorm should be removed. Just a mindless shooter nothing else.

Now let me point out the disadvantages of this steps.
1. There will be few games left in that section.
2. Most people have already played those games so the thread is of no use for them

These are the reasons why I am saying to make a seperate section for recommended games which may contain good but not so great game and worth playing for once.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bulletstorm should be removed. Just a mindless shooter nothing else.

Now let me point out the disadvantages of this steps.
1. There will be few games left in that section.
2. Most people have already played those games so the thread is of no use for them

These are the reasons why I am saying to make a seperate section for recommended games which may contain good but not so great game and worth playing for once.

But, that's the point. This thread is supposed to point you to games which you should play in a particular genre, particularly for a newbie. I being a racing junkie will try almost whatever I can lay my hands on, but that doesn't mean I will recommend all of them. I prefer Flatout 2 over Burnout Paradise, but that's just me. I love the whole of the Colin McRae series (except 2005 ed) and Dirt (apart from Gymkhana in Dirt 3). But if I had to recommend, I would say Dirt 2 is a must. For rallying, I would rather suggest to look for Richard Burns Rally. I even like Midnight Club 2 & Juiced Hot Import Nights, an old DX7 game called Test Drive 6 is still one of my fav. Will I recommend them to others? No. I would rather advise to pick a copy of GRID. Similarly, in NFS just play Most Wanted. If someone loves the series he/she can try out other games too.

Point is to give gamers/budding gamers a starting point. So the list should be concise. After that they can always try out other games. This is not a games I like/played sort of thread.

And regarding most people having already played, then there's no point recommending games. Those who game and at least have interest in gaming, know what's going on and can choose games on their own.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, now it's looks better but I think RailWorks 2, Cricket 07 should be there on the main list.

Another one great Hack n Slash game missing from the list is BloodRayne - the first one felt good compared to the second one.

gameranand

Living to Play
I guess Bloodrayne can be in discarded game but not in main section. Camera angles of 2nd part was really terrible.

stan450

Right off the assembly line
Dead Space 2 Is a third person shooter, right?
Awesomely Scary though, dare anybody to play this at midnight with all lights off and headphones.
Also, Where the hell is MINECRAFT???

gameranand

Living to Play
Dead Space 2 Is a third person shooter, right?
Awesomely Scary though, dare anybody to play this at midnight with all lights off and headphones.
Also, Where the hell is MINECRAFT???

I have played both DS & 2 in night with headphones. They are scary but not as hell.
Minecraft is a indie game so it would be in appropriate section.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ CB's Jericho, Undying, Nosfeartu and Call of Cthulu - the last two are my personal favorite;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.