stupid superstitions in India

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Life = self-sustained metabolism and response to stimuli. So do have plants. No matter what you eat, you're eating some other life-form to sustain yourself.

Clearly, you knew what I meant by the word "Life" there in that context. No need to take the meaning literally otherwise everyone will have to go hungry.

As for Eggs that we eat, it is something that will one day result into a life.
You know atleast that's how many people see it, you are over thinking it going into too much technical details what egg means.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Higher organisms eat the lower ones, this is reversed when the higher ones die. the microbes then eat (and decompose) them which serves as a manure and cycle continues.
So, for life to exist, you need to follow the laws of nature and not superstitions which advocate against them.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clearly, you knew what I meant by the word "Life" there. No need to take the meaning literally otherwise everyone will have to go hungry.

As for Eggs that we eat, it is something that will one day result into a life.
No, I don't know what your definition of life is. Everybody has their definition, and I'm fine with it. ;)

My family is full of vegetarians. Most accept they're eating a different lifeform, the rest are a bit deluded. Dunno why everybody can't accept.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
No, I don't know what your definition of life is. Everybody has their definition, and I'm fine with it. ;)

Its not about the exact definition of life.
In post #57 within that context, by life I meant not to include plants / bacteria / microbes. I am sure there is a proper word to describe it may be I don't know the word or I can't remember it right now.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Also, I must add, every egg that a hen lays does not form a chick unless fertilized by a rooster. Therefore, they are in the same league as milk.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Who cares about what you prefer? You like veg? Good. You like non veg? Better.

This topic was about posting stupid superstitions, at least that's what I thought.

amjath

Human Spambot
There are few topics like
PC vs console
Veg vs non-veg
Android vs iOS
Etc are endless topics :D

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
"meat eating leads to rape and violent crimes." - swami agnivesh, was it?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
"meat eating leads to rape and violent crimes." - swami agnivesh, was it?
Never heard of this guy, so had to do a Google search and I stopped when it said politician.

How could one say a ridiculous comment like that anyway is beyond me!

root.king

geek in action
Came across this blog today, some interesting things for every one must read
Aavaahana...: Untold facts of Puranas and history: part 2

Most people believe that dairy isn’t a bad thing because an animal doesn’t have to die in order for you to get it.

But the truth is that an animal does have to die – in fact,many animals have to die – for the sake of that slice of cheese on your sandwich, or that milk in your cereal.
If you really care about animal rights, the first things you must eliminate from your diet are eggs and dairy.

So are we are humans have humanity

How Does Drinking Milk Hurt Cows? | Vegan Outreach

Torture and Infanticide: Why Vegans Don’t Eat Dairy | VeganRabbit

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^wondering if Cows are treated like that in India as well?

some brands have "pure veg" and organic cheese

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This thread is going in the direction not many will appreciate.

So as per 2nd last post above (#76), one should not walk or run on roads, since hundreds of ants/insects must be killed under our footwear. One must not breath in air without a mark on face, since thousands of tiny insects are swallowed in the process. And one must not use any wooden objects since they come from living trees. Must not wear any clothes since the material comes from Some kind of living organism. Why don't we just die and do earth a favour instead? -_-

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This thread is going in the direction not many will appreciate.

So as per 2nd last post above (#76), one should not walk or run on roads, since hundreds of ants/insects must be killed under our footwear. One must not breath in air without a mark on face, since thousands of tiny insects are swallowed in the process. And one must not use any wooden objects since they come from living trees. Must not wear any clothes since the material comes from Some kind of living organism. Why don't we just die and do earth a favour instead? -_-

It seems earth doesn't care if we live or die :lol:

Top Bottom