Skoar Forums hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
thunderbird.117 said:
Well it a wiki. Anyone can edit it :p. Iam sure someone will come with some points and add a reference link. The only thing i can thing of is digg. But that is not a reliable link.
Good point, I think when I get some time over the weekend - I'll take a snapshot of those games that are featured in the cases (maybe even use print screen to show the games on the folder are indeed the full versions). As for the editing of the articles, I know various people who have proof just by going off the original emails that were sent to Aayush for processing. Compare that too what was printed in the magazine, and BAM - you got some extra leverage for a good Wiki write-up. ;)

Has anyone contacted JDM over this issue?
Not including myself (since I could really care what their opinion is), I know two people who have sent their own emails. But like Thunderbird mentioned, I really can't say if anyone will take them seriously. Best bet is to actually contact the Indian distributors and game publishers for the games that got pirated. I'm sure Valve won't be too happy to know Half-Life 1 didn't cost me "too much", hurr hurr.

T

thunderbird.117

Look at this *en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=SKOAR!&diff=114276744&oldid=114276585

Very intresting

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
Yeah, I don't feel at that anger is really justified. People should sit tight and wait for a real gaming forum to pop up, and just forget anything like SKOAR every existed in their heads. It'll reduce your brain-cell count quite a bit. :D

T

thunderbird.117

VJ_Lunar said:
Yeah, I don't feel at that anger is really justified. People should sit tight and wait for a real gaming forum to pop up, and just forget anything like SKOAR every existed in their heads. It'll reduce your brain-cell count quite a bit. :D

Digit have fairly decent and good gaming forum. :D. It is let to be improved :p

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^He means A dedicated gaming forum..:D
@vj Has you or anyone of your friends contacted valve or activision?Or are you waiting for badjag's reply?

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
Like I said, I shouldn't have to be the one to make these complaints. I was never a SKOAR magazine fan to begin with, I just liked the people who visited their forums. The only difference here is that I got booted off the forums because I teased their precious baby so much, that they had to take action and once again prove that: "We're the overloards around here, so f*** off"

My real focus right now is to gather whatever is left from the SKOAR community and make things right for them - since this whole thing does seem kinda like my fault (lol). And as much as its nice to see DIGIT forums care about PC or console gaming, I'd rather have a gaming-centric forum from the get go. All we need is that very gaming-centric forum, and things will improve right of the bat. This needs to happen no matter what. Let someone else play tattletale. :D

int86

You'r Born Free
Never seen admin and mods under such pressure here.
"Dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka". No offence intended.Really I dont remember any other saying.
Not much replies from senior members about this.
And mods are happy fishing small fishes. I think they neither have power nor are allowed to go in deep seas.

T

thunderbird.117

The admin itself told us that they are not part of the skoar mag. Has they is already one thread like this which was locked by Raaabo. Where else should we complain then?. They can not say in skoar forum because the replies we get is filled with vulguar words and they already blamed VJ_Lunar for cracking the forum. Which i know he did not. Now who else to compain?. JDM email?. Will we get a proper response?. Do they check their mails?.

T

thunderbird.117

vimal_mehrotra said:
^^ But JDM has to do something before someone shoots an email to game publishers or they will be in serious trouble.

They are evidence too. So what can skoar do?. Moreover what can JDM can do about it?. They are really going to face it. The time is running out. The countdown start now.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think: just mail these links to some newzpaper like Indian Express or Hindu with all evidense as links [from digg also] and ask them to publish the newz. Its sure to work.
I strongly feel this thread is bout to be closed.

T

thunderbird.117

aravind_n20 said:
I think: just mail these links to some newzpaper like Indian Express or Hindu with all evidense as links [from digg also] and ask them to publish the newz. Its sure to work.
I strongly feel this thread is bout to be closed.

What good that will do lool. I do not care if they close this thread or not. The game publishers and developers will come to know even if the JDM delete theis threads.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Some pretty ugly things going over there. Although my previews never got tampered...just a line or two tweaked, still I personally know of reviews that have been chopped until the reviewer himself had no idea he had written it.

Anyways, after a long break, I landed at SKOAR! forums just as it all blew up around me, leaving me completely bewildered. Vanishing posts, sudden revocation of my mod status and that too 4 o'clock in the morning and then that announcement by BJ. I had no idea what the hell was wrong.

I am not going to take any sides here and blame anyone. I just hope that everything gets sorted out soon. Even though SKOAR! isin't exactly loved here, me and my fellow band of gamers have devoted some real time in making the forum a great place to be. Seeing it implode like that hurts a lot. We knew it was coming...still it hurts.

@VJ: Welcome to Thinkdigit forums...you can PM me here now. I never got to see what you had PMed me at SKOAR! I just got the notification and by the time I clicked on it, it had already gone kaput.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This thread will also close , Raaabo closed that thread and deleted the so called offensive posts from that thread to cover up skoar's bu*t . Discussion abt other mag is not allowed here , then why does he/admin post (or allowed to post) anything abt skoar expo here, why were we discussing it here.
Everyone knows why skoar forums are down , the excuse written there is funny.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
So what are we trying to do here?Making more Skoar! threads which will eventually get deleted by Admin.What are we trying to achieve?

blackpearl

The Devil
AFAIK, the magazine has the right to edit articles without informing the writer, no matter how good or famous a writer you are. There is nothing you can do about it officially. But what is the reason behind Skoar editing the writer's previews? Is that because they don't like the preview or is that it does not contain enough abuses? Generally, the edited article should be better than the original one otherwise there is no sense in editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom