Skoar Forums hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Skoar forums have been hacked & this was the message posted over there

On the morning of 9th March, the forum was cracked into and several threads deleted. The culprit's identity has been traced and he will get his just desserts soon enough (yes, VJ_Lunar, that means you), but that's another story. The forum will be restored to its state as of 15th Dec 2006. That means all posts\users added thereafter will vanish forever. This restoration should take about a week's time, until which the forum will remain inactive. Apologies for the inconvenience. See you in a week.

blackpearl

The Devil
Nope. They deleted the threads themselves and put up that message, because it was on digg.com for the wrong reasons.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51511

blackpearl

The Devil
^^ Read VJ_Lunar's reply on the digg story.
I won't give the digg link here because whenever that appeared, the thread either got locked or deleted.

OP
kirangp

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
So sad man..such is the state of India's only gaming magazine...Computer gaming World was superb...I left buying skoar long time back...God help India in the gaming front

@blackpearl
I got it man....

@pathicks
I 2 think that is the reason

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Have you noticed that raaabo updated his closing post.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=440657&postcount=122
ON MORNING OF 9th march!

Last edited:

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
Have you noticed that raaabo updated his closing post.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=440657&postcount=122
ON morning of 9th march!

Interesting that you mention this. According to another SKOAR forum member, he remembers seeing Raaabo on the SKOAR forums at the time it was having its "hacking" going on. He didn't reply to any of the topics but the guitar one, maybe even acting oblivious to the whole situation. Don't know why he would waste his time even visiting, but I'm not going to judge a man like based just off that. ;)

Honestly, the whole mess regarding the forums, the editing of articles, and ABOVE ALL the pirated games provided on their discs - make very much the pinnacle of absurbity. But just because the community doesn't have their forum, doesn't mean we aren't in communitication with another. And yes, we plan to do something about it. Aayush himself mentioned the magazine was entirely community-driven. Well, let's see our far they'll go now without a majority of their contributers backing them up.

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
Skoar definitely has to pay its price..!! With so many people sure of the piracy and injustice that happens there, I dpn't see on what pretext the admins there or our raabo here still try to protect it..!!! I think that's pure arrogance..

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
Pretty much whatever I said about the things regarding the editing of articles and the supposed "HACKING" are true. I honestly don't think they were hacked, I believe someone who had administrative access deleted most of the forum topics. What two things I don't understand at all are:

1. Why are there back-ups of only up to December 17th 2006? This is especially weird since most of the issues regarding the piracy and editing of content had topics where we discussed for (or rather demanded) some explanation. None of those topics will be there now. Case in point, whatever topics here in Digit regarding at least the piracy issues have also closed (simply because it doesn't have anything to do with DIGIT, which I can understand to some point - but why NOW?)
2. Why was the whole forum closed off? There was a topic made by Enoonmai requesting a reason for my account deletion. That topic had a bunch of replies asking the same question, and now no one outside of the forums will be able to see that. I can also guarantee you never will, since they'll probably delete it.

This whole thing seems awfully convienent if I truly did "hack" the forums. You'd at least think they'd question themselves before accusing others for their own ignorance. Such is the way things are being handled~

vimal_mehrotra: Thanks :)~ Don't mind me, just stating my case here. I don't plan to stay for long as I have things to attend to ;)

T

thunderbird.117

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKOAR! :D.

Welcome VJ_Lunar. You are most welcome. Iam sure noone will ban you here. If they do something like iam sure all the spears and arrows will be poking the admins. We got gaming section too :D.

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKOAR%21
LMAO, I just saw that today. Well, it's not the most insightful Wiki entry I ever read, but at least more than one person understands that there is some internal conflict going on.

We got gaming section too
:O !!

I'll be sure to look at those later today, thanks!~

You are free to state it here(as long as admin dosen't close it)
As long as they don't pull a SKOAR and delete the topic itself, I don't mind if its closed. And if DOES get closed, that's just going to raise anyone's suspicion. Either way I look at it, this issue is too big for most people to ignore considering how closely related these two magazines are.

T

thunderbird.117

VJ_Lunar said:
LMAO, I just saw that today. Well, it's not the most insightful Wiki entry I ever read, but at least more than one person understands that there is some internal conflict going on.

:O !!

I'll be sure to look at those later today, thanks!~

As long as they don't pull a SKOAR and delete the topic itself, I don't mind if its closed. And if DOES get closed, that's just going to raise anyone's suspicion. Either way I look at it, this issue is too big for most people to ignore considering how closely related these two magazines are.

Well it a wiki. Anyone can edit it :p. Iam sure someone will come with some points and add a reference link. The only thing i can thing of is digg. But that is not a reliable link. :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom