Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

niraj87

Broken In
^^In order to explain how better is LG Optimus One than Galaxy 3, I had to explain how even the LG Optimus GT540 is better than it (minus the screen response by a margin), since it has an evenly balanced set of features offering value for money. The explanation was to make those aware abt Optimus One's capability that asked for help on which phone to buy out of the two, since the closest to Opti One is is its predecessor GT540 itself. GT540 is the blueprint of Opti One !

I've a doubt abt Capacitive screens, open for G3 users. How does one use a painting app on such a screen (not with a finger), to actually sketch, like we Opti GT540 users do it on our Resistive screens using stylus or pens or any damn thing actually. Also, how does the handwriting recognition work?

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
GT540 is nowhere near to the Optimus one.

handwriting recognition is cool but not a practical and quick way for text input. and the paint apps are fun for some time then it becomes boring lol. my experiences from using 5800 and 5530.

and obviously optimus one is the winner here. even wildfire has to retire before this phone haha!!

_

niraj87

Broken In
I request any Galaxy 3 user to post their benchmark results here, since I need to compare diff phones of the category n see if I bought the right phone or not viz LG Optimus GT540.

LG Optimus GT540 results :
Total graphics score: 223.82327
Total cpu score: 237.74622
Total memory score: 184.77165
Total file system: 75.37099

Use this software :
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - download

Firstly, kill as many tasks n remove homescreen widgets as u can if u want to find the best results for ur phone, as they must be using resources like the CPU n RAM.

When the app finishes benchmarking, press the left hardware button n u'll see an an option "Save & Misc" for saving the results as a .csv file. It wud be saved as /sdcard/softweg/benchmark.csv, which can be opened as a txt file with notepad or ur doc file reader.

These are some benchmarking results posted by some users on a forum :

Samsung Galaxy i7500
Total graphics score: 118.98
Total cpu score: 173.3
Total memory score: 150.08
Total file system: 33.1

Htc Hero
Graphics : 107.88752
CPU : 164.5154
Memory : 89.65
File System 36.80472

Acer BeTouch e400
Graphics score : 215.08307
CPU : 211.64232
Memory : 186.24132
File system : 52.740353

P.S : Please be honest.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Hey niraj try benchmarkpi on you optimus gt540 and let me know the time/score!!!
My galaxy 3 calculated the pi in about 9300 millisecs...

niraj87

Broken In
oh...its surprising that mine was 5315 milliseconds on my Optimus GT540, since Galaxy 3 has a 667Mhz processor !...and the second time I did it, it calculated in 4751 milliseconds ! But still, this is only the CPU benchmarking, right? Try the tool i posted, it benchmarks more than just the CPU.

Please kill widgets and apps from ur phone that must be using ur CPU, n then calculate it n post here again.

Gollum

Collector
Just read in the hindu news paper that optimus one will be available for purchase at rupees 13500.
In another inter net review i read that optimus has issues in playing videos in the default video player but any video can be played using a third party software called rock player.
Can galaxy users confirm the working of rock player on their phone and whether it has any lag issues.

niraj87

Broken In
^^Rock Player does play lot of video formats, since I've read abt it many times on various forums.

The best bets for u are either Optimus One or Motorola Quench XT502 (has a good review n is upgradable to 2.2 in future)..in the same price range.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Hey niraj, just performed the test...
here goes the results -

Samsung Galaxy i5801 Scores :
Total graphics score: 26.69 (WTH!!!)
Total cpu score: 205.36
Total memory score: 348.15
Total file system: 39.95

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Yes i did...
Even tried the benchmark test after rebooting and then killing apps again!!!

Now, WTH!!!???

Gollum

Collector
^^Rock Player does play lot of video formats, since I've read abt it many times on various forums.

The best bets for u are either Optimus One or Motorola Quench XT502 (has a good review n is upgradable to 2.2 in future)..in the same price range.
oh please no motaloda
Hey niraj, just performed the test...
here goes the results -

Samsung Galaxy i5801 Scores :
Total graphics score: 26.69 (WTH!!!)
Total cpu score: 205.36
Total memory score: 348.15
Total file system: 39.95

so is that a very bad score.
i saw a review where the reviewer played raging thunder 2 on lg optimus and it played ok. Although it did show some frame skipping. But the video playback issues of optimus still remain.

niraj87

Broken In
Oh yeah, these benchmarking figures of G3 that u've mentioned do match with the ones on gsmarena review...sad, but its alright if u're happy wid ur phone for other features. Usually, all phones lack somethng, tho G3 shud ve been much better at those figures.

So the thread seems to have found the answer to the poll.

JCAssassin

Broken In
Hey guys, like some of the other members, i'm having some difficulty choosing between g3 or o1. Can u guys please take a vote or something? Thanks a lot yeah :)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@gollum

Look it by yourself friend... :)
Score is really bad for GPU, so this signifies that G3 is not good with graphics...

Even i tried Raging Thunder on my G3, and the experience wasnt pleasing. I cant comment on the skipping frames but yeah graphics display was bad.
Owing to better GPU power of Optimus GT540 is better in gaming.
And about bad performance of GT540 in video playback is the result of playing videos with resolution which is beyond the limit of phone. And its true that G3 can handle better video resolutions than both GT540 and O1...

@JCAssassin

You can read this whole thread for comparisions between G3 and O1, but if you had enough time to spare :)
If you want a quick answer, here it is-
Optimus One P500

I m using G3 since 2 months and i think i m ready for an upgrade. I m buying O1 as soon as possible :-D

niraj87

Broken In
@gollum

Raging Thunder plays so smoothly on GT540, n even on the Galaxy 5 !

Dont be biased against or towards brands, which is y only Nokia sells in India! Motorola is a biggie, may b not in our country, but they are, n I wud have gone for the Quench XT502.

I think a phone should be a complete package (having balanced specifications), rather than targeting few better capabilities. The Optimus family does play video well (640x480 max..tho I never played wid higher res videos to b able to comment), even if not as good as the Galaxies. Its not a pain in the ass to convert even 700mb videos, coz its the CPU that does it, not us.

That was a frndly suggestion to everyone. In the end, u decide.

Gollum

Collector
@gollum

Raging Thunder plays so smoothly on GT540, n even on the Galaxy 5 !

Dont be biased against or towards brands, which is y only Nokia sells in India! Motorola is a biggie, may b not in our country, but they are, n I wud have gone for the Quench XT502.

I think a phone should be a complete package (having balanced specifications), rather than targeting few better capabilities. The Optimus family does play video well (640x480 max..tho I never played wid higher res videos to b able to comment), even if not as good as the Galaxies. Its not a pain in the ass to convert even 700mb videos, coz its the CPU that does it, not us.

That was a frndly suggestion to everyone. In the end, u decide.

the main problem that I'm facing is that i don't have a pc to convert videos. So i need something that can play videos directly without converting. I play games on my psp . The only game that i play on my phone is micro pool and some tower defence games.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@JCassasin

I hav said this before:
G3 performance will increase after froyo update, but still after that it wud be stucked with-
* low resolution screen
* low RAM
* and without physical soft buttons

I m considering to buy O1 mainly cuz of- better dispaly resolution, better appearance, twice of ram and better reviews of this phone... :)
To read different reviews of O1 go to thread LG Optimus One Launched!!!

@gollum

There are many sites which provide videos for mobile phones in 3gp and mp4 format...
If you need youtube videos, there are plenty of apps in android market to do that too...
So no need of computer to convert videos and transfer them to phone... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom