[Complaint] Received Ryzen 5 1600 instead of 1600X from Amazon.in

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asus Prime B350 PLUS. Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz [Model Number - CMK16GX4M1B3000C15]
The optimal voltage that needs to be set will be on both the Ram modules and it's packing.

Check with above article and set the Ram timings & voltage accordingly.

If you set too high it won't boot. Just try to set 2933mhz Ram timings and voltage and save it and boot.

Tell here what happened.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Ok. I'll definitely do that once I get back home after the office. I do remember the voltage being 1.35 Volts.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asus Prime B350 PLUS. Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz [Model Number - CMK16GX4M1B3000C15]
Use these RAM latency:15-17-17-35
Voltage:1.35v
Speed:3000Mhz (this speed you will get after manually entering the above settings)
If it boots normally without any problem then all is good I suppose.
Just try once and tell me what happened.
Don't forget to save by using F10 and boot again.OK.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Guys, I finally received the 1600X on Jun 24th and set up my rig where the RAM I bought (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 16GB) runs at 2133MHz. But 2 pins of the CPU were slightly bent at their tips. I called Amazon and reported the same. They asked me to send pics and I did. I have attached those 2 pics here as well. They were not massively bent but slightly at the tip. I straightened them out using my wife's tweezers. After that the CPU went smoothly inside the CPU slot of the Motherboard. Yesterday an Amazon Customer Care executive informed me that since its a defective product and CPU is a non-replaceable and non-returnable item they will refund the money to me. I have already got the 7k in my Amazon Pay balance. By Tuesday 13k should get into my credit card.

My concern is - should I stick with this CPU as the system has been running fine since Jun 24th with the only issue that the RAM module runs at 2133MHz? Or should I order another 1600X? Can the bent CPU pins be the reason why RAM doesn't run at 2666MHz?
Sir can you please order a motherboard for me from Amazon? I am sure that they will send you some other model and let you keep it lol
In my case they told me that they have a right to charge more than the mrp. What a shame.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Lol..The Amazon CC guy who spoke to me on 24th clearly voiced out his thoughts as to why I had issues every time I ordered the product. For Motherboards better stick to primeabgb and theitdepot. I think the mistake you're doing is having an email conversation with them. Just add the item to the cart and go to the checkout option. Enter all the details and check whats the cost of shipping and any other extra taxes.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Lol..The Amazon CC guy who spoke to me on 24th clearly voiced out his thoughts as to why I had issues every time I ordered the product. For Motherboards better stick to primeabgb and theitdepot. I think the mistake you're doing is having an email conversation with them. Just add the item to the cart and go to the checkout option. Enter all the details and check whats the cost of shipping and any other extra taxes.

Primeabgb sucks. I hope you checked the snapshot of their mail I posted in the other thread. They were selling 350+ motherboard for rs.8200(inclusive of all taxes)+shipping but they mentioned on the product's page to ask for product availability before ordering. I called but no one answered, kept on sending mails so in first week of July they said that the price is 8500+18% gst+shipping. They have gone radio silent when I replied that mrp is inclusive of all taxes. Itdepot is very good in terms of customer support but their shipping charges are very high atleast for my area and as of now both the products which I need are OOS. Bottomline I am waiting for the PSU and motherboard to be in stock on every site except prime, will order it at any price as I have waited too long.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Dude Asus B350 PLUS is available.

Attachments

• Asus B350 PLUS.JPG
    Asus B350 PLUS.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 174

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Primeabgb sucks. I hope you checked the snapshot of their mail I posted in the other thread. They were selling 350+ motherboard for rs.8200(inclusive of all taxes)+shipping but they mentioned on the product's page to ask for product availability before ordering. I called but no one answered, kept on sending mails so in first week of July they said that the price is 8500+18% gst+shipping. They have gone radio silent when I replied that mrp is inclusive of all taxes. Itdepot is very good in terms of customer support but their shipping charges are very high atleast for my area and as of now both the products which I need are OOS. Bottomline I am waiting for the PSU and motherboard to be in stock on every site except prime, will order it at any price as I have waited too long.
Non-Modualr PSU @ 5k
Amazon.in: Buy Thermaltake TR2 Series 600 W 80 Plus Certified Active PFC Power Supply Unit - Black Online at Low Prices in India | Thermaltake Reviews & Ratings @ 4950
Review:7-Way 550-600 Watt Power Supply Roundup Review - Page 15 of 15 - Legit Reviews

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Non-Modualr PSU @ 5k
Amazon.in: Buy Thermaltake TR2 Series 600 W 80 Plus Certified Active PFC Power Supply Unit - Black Online at Low Prices in India | Thermaltake Reviews & Ratings @ 4950
Review:7-Way 550-600 Watt Power Supply Roundup Review - Page 15 of 15 - Legit Reviews

Thanks but I am not a fan of Amazon anymore considering how they treated me for the case. I will look up for that PSU on other sites and will get back to you. What does non-modular mean here?

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Modular PSU has detachable cables ( if you dont need some cables you can remove them ) so the cable management inside the cabinet is good whereas Non-modular means the cables can't be removed even if you dont need certain cables. Semi-modular is the one where the main power cable (the 24-pin cable) is fixed and all other cables are removable in the PSU.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Use these RAM latency:15-17-17-35
Voltage:1.35v
Speed:3000Mhz (this speed you will get after manually entering the above settings)
If it boots normally without any problem then all is good I suppose.
Just try once and tell me what happened.
Don't forget to save by using F10 and boot again.OK.

Hey buddy! I Overclocked the RAM using DOCP profile. Voltage set is 1.35V & timing is 15-17-17-35, saved it and started the system. Now there is no display on the Monitor. How do I reset the BIOS to default? I shut down the system by long pressing the power switch. Did it twice but no display.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Which MB? Does it have dual bios? If not motherboards usually come with either clear cmos switch or jumpers. Check your motherboard manual, if it has cmos jumpers, short it using a screwdriver or something for few seconds. It should reset the bios.

Also if your motherboard has debug lights, check where the boot is failing. My 3200Mhz. 1.35V rated RAM doesn't run at 3200Mhz unless I crank up the memory voltage to 1.39V.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hey thanks @Digital Fragger ! I just googled that - sorted the the 2 pins of CLRTC. Now there is display - set everything to default & it works. Guess Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz is not meant for this board. And lotta people on Reddit have dissed this Asus board for RAM incompatibility & very difficult options to overclock.BTW the board is Asus Prime B350 PLUS. Oh how wish I had bought the Gigabyte board!

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
The DRAM frequency shown in CPUZ is 1330 MHz. So does that mean the only RAM stick I have is currently running at DDR3 rated speed 1330MHz? :eek: Why did I buy this RAM module?:boink:

Attachments

• RAM frequency.JPG
    RAM frequency.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 160

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
It's a Double data rate ram, 2 x 1330Mhz = 2660 is true frequency. If you are on windows 10, open task manager, go to performance and check ram. Asus Prime is also good board I've heard. Are you on latest bios with agesa 1.0.0.6 firmware update?

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah I am on the latest BIOS from Asus. Updated it the day I set up my PC. I am on Win 10. Went to the task manager and saw the RAM settings - it shows 2666MHz. Hey thanks for that confusion @Digital Fragger ! Checked in tomshardware too. Because of Double Data Rate CPUZ divides the RAM frequency by 2. Thanks though!

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
2666Mhz is just 1 step down from your rated 2933Mhz. Check the timings and maybe loosen them a bit if it is not posting at that setting. Try upping the RAM voltage too. You can safely go few notches above 1.35V. Also increase the VSOC voltage. You can safely go upto 1.1V on VSoc. Helps a lot with RAM stability.

Top Bottom