[Complaint] Received Ryzen 5 1600 instead of 1600X from Amazon.in

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Keep it for the time being.
You don't know if the seller come barging your door, asking for the 1600. I highly doubt they could take such loss twice. The seller even removed it's listing from Amazon. This is a dangerous sign.

Dangerous - How? and for who? Me or Amazon?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Guys I know this isn't the right subforum for my query but it's linked to my situation hence thought of asking here. I sold the 1st 1600 to 1 of my colleagues for 10.5k. My query is how much can I sell the 2nd 1600 for which I received yesterday ? Considering the fact that name of CPU on Amazon invoice is 1600X & not 1600. Local prices in Bangalore is 17k inc taxes.
BC They let you keep two processors for free. Kamaal hai yaar. I am in process to build a gaming rig. People have suggested 1600 to me. But I can buy your 1600x if you can give me at a cool price.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
BC They let you keep two processors for free. Kamaal hai yaar. I am in process to build a gaming rig. People have suggested 1600 to me. But I can buy your 1600x if you can give me at a cool price.
I don't have any 1600X. I had 2 1600s. I sold 1 of em. Now I am left with 1 more. I already placed an order fr 1600X with a different seller this time.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG ! Is this for real ? No offence meant to anyone.

coming to the topic I can see only 3 sellers selling Ryzen 1600x and all of them are amazon fulfilled. If my prediction is correct the problem is on Amazon's side.

Amazon fulfilled items are stored on amazon's warehouse ( they collect it from sellers beforehand ) for faster delivery. If amazon has some sort of listing / stock mismatch issue at their end things like this can happen.

USA has laws for situation like this - if merchant sent you wrong merchandise you are not liable to send it back. But here we don't have any law like this. So a merchant can take legal steps later as they are refunding back the amount. Also amazon CC is not great either - many a times you will get different answers from them.

Someone got Rs. 46000 refund for Rs. 460 from flipkart and someone got refund twice. These things usually gets noticed once they runs audit. Later they got got intimation from respective companies.

Anyway, If it sellers mistake confirm from seller through written e-mail if you can keep the merchandise. This way you will at-least have a very good legal and legit point to argue over if some situation arises later.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't have any 1600X. I had 2 1600s. I sold 1 of em. Now I am left with 1 more. I already placed an order fr 1600X with a different seller this time.
How much do you want for 1600?
Isse kehte hai jab Vo deta hai to chappar far ke.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect

coming to the topic I can see only 3 sellers selling Ryzen 1600x and all of them are amazon fulfilled. If my prediction is correct the problem is on Amazon's side.

Amazon fulfilled items are stored on amazon's warehouse ( they collect it from sellers beforehand ) for faster delivery. If amazon has some sort of listing / stock mismatch issue at their end things like this can happen.

USA has laws for situation like this - if merchant sent you wrong merchandise you are not liable to send it back. But here we don't have any law like this. So a merchant can take legal steps later as they are refunding back the amount. Also amazon CC is not great either - many a times you will get different answers from them.

Someone got Rs. 46000 refund for Rs. 460 from flipkart and someone got refund twice. These things usually gets noticed once they runs audit. Later they got got intimation from respective companies.

Anyway, If it sellers mistake confirm from seller through written e-mail if you can keep the merchandise. This way you will at-least have a very good legal and legit point to argue over if some situation arises later.

No need. Just get the same in a mail from Amazon, I am sure they have sent one already.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer

There were 4 at the start of the month. After I received the wrong product the 2nd time that seller was removed. A new one came (Beyond Toys n something). Even that was removed yesterday.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Guys, I finally received the 1600X on Jun 24th and set up my rig where the RAM I bought (Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 16GB) runs at 2133MHz. But 2 pins of the CPU were slightly bent at their tips. I called Amazon and reported the same. They asked me to send pics and I did. I have attached those 2 pics here as well. They were not massively bent but slightly at the tip. I straightened them out using my wife's tweezers. After that the CPU went smoothly inside the CPU slot of the Motherboard. Yesterday an Amazon Customer Care executive informed me that since its a defective product and CPU is a non-replaceable and non-returnable item they will refund the money to me. I have already got the 7k in my Amazon Pay balance. By Tuesday 13k should get into my credit card.

My concern is - should I stick with this CPU as the system has been running fine since Jun 24th with the only issue that the RAM module runs at 2133MHz? Or should I order another 1600X? Can the bent CPU pins be the reason why RAM doesn't run at 2666MHz?

Attachments

• Bent pin lateral view.jpg
    Bent pin lateral view.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 2 pins bent pic 1.JPG
    2 pins bent pic 1.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 132

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Better stick with it. I don't think that bent pins are the cause of the RAM running in 2133Mhz as you need to OC the RAM using XMP settings in the Bios.
Since I have an Intel LGA1151 Processor I cannot tell about anything regarding AM4 Bios. Better check with others who have similar Processors and Motherboards as to how to OC your RAM to 2666Mhz.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hey thanks buddy for a prompt reply. I dont see XMP settings in the BIOS - now I really wish I had bought that Gigabyte Motherboard!

Top Bottom