[Complaint] Received Ryzen 5 1600 instead of 1600X from Amazon.in

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Lol no spilt milk here, GTX 1060 6gb at 22k is a great card. Extra performance and extra VRAM for decent price.

btw don't forget to change your power plan to High Performance or Ryzen Balanced from the default Balanced.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
All Rams are wonky on this platform. My G.Skill I have to manually run it at rated frequency whereas for some people it is plug and play with exact same model kit on my mothetboard. Same with corsair kits. Some people can get to rated frequency just by enabling xmp whereas some have to tinker with timings. There are tens of g.skill or corsair ram kits rated at different timings. Do you know which one md computers recommended and do you know if that particular kit is compatable? People are having trouble running the kits mentioned on qvl of the motherboard itself without any tweaking.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

It'll work but you'll have to overclock whereas G.Skill module F4-3000C15S will run at 2933 MHz without you having to tweak the settings in BIOS. Basically you plug in the RAM stick & it runs at 2933MHz.

I ordered this initially as all 3000mhz one's were OOS-
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz (F4-2400C15S-16GVR)
Then @Digital Fragger @gta5 said to go for the 8gb model as rams will become cheaper within a year so I ordered this
CORSAIR DESKTOP RAM VENGEANCE LPX SERIES - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz RED (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R)
MD Computers is still saying that the latter is not compatible with Prime B350+. Anyways I was told that the performance will be 2-4% down in 2400mhz one as compared to 3000mhz. Fine, I can live with that as every ram which is of 3000mhz is OOS.
@ssb1551 Won't the ram work without overclocking? I am not against OC but I don't want to do it in the initial months. What you guys have mentioned regarding RAM tweaking went above my head. I am still looking for Prime B350+ motherboard. Is it still a wise choice?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Lol no spilt milk here, GTX 1060 6gb at 22k is a great card. Extra performance and extra VRAM for decent price.

btw don't forget to change your power plan to High Performance or Ryzen Balanced from the default Balanced.

How to do that in Windows 10? From where did you buy the key of 10? I am looking for the home version at a cheaper price.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I couldn't find the model number of your RAM in the QVL list of PRIME B350 PLUS. However RAM with a nearby model number to yours is CMK8GX4M1A2400C14. Well do let us know if the RAM runs at 2400 or 2133. There will not be much performance difference though. I guess 1-2% between 2133 and 2400.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I ordered this initially as all 3000mhz one's were OOS-
G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz (F4-2400C15S-16GVR)
Then @Digital Fragger @gta5 said to go for the 8gb model as rams will become cheaper within a year so I ordered this
CORSAIR DESKTOP RAM VENGEANCE LPX SERIES - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz RED (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R)
MD Computers is still saying that the latter is not compatible with Prime B350+. Anyways I was told that the performance will be 2-4% down in 2400mhz one as compared to 3000mhz. Fine, I can live with that as every ram which is of 3000mhz is OOS.

I never suggested you to go with 8GB Ram or Corsair Kit. I only told you corsair rams have no problem with Ryzen unlike what mdcomputers said.

What does he mean by low ram version? The corsair kit will work with Ryzen. You can get the G.Skill Ram anyway as they are in stock at similar price.

@ssb1551 Won't the ram work without overclocking? I am not against OC but I don't want to do it in the initial months. What you guys have mentioned regarding RAM tweaking went above my head. I am still looking for Prime B350+ motherboard. Is it still a wise choice?

All these RAMs have no problem with "working". What people are talking is whether they will run at their "rated" high frequencies(3000Mhz and higher) or they will run "native" speed(usually 2133Mhz/2400Mhz depending on the RAM). On Ryzen platforms, some sticks start working at rated speed by default. Most of the sticks, you have to go to bios and turn up the frequency multiplier or enable xmp and they work at rated frequencies with no issues. Some others need more effort like tinkering with timings, voltages to make the run at rated frequencies and some may not run at rated speed at all. But all of them do work at their native speeds. Since your RAM is only rated for 2400Mhz, you need not worry much. It should either run at 2133Mhz or 2400Mhz. There won't be more than 1-2% increase in performance by 300Mhz.

How to do that in Windows 10? From where did you buy the key of 10? I am looking for the home version at a cheaper price.
I haven't activated windows yet. Ryzen balanced plan will be available with latest chipset drivers.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I couldn't find the model number of your RAM in the QVL list of PRIME B350 PLUS. However RAM with a nearby model number to yours is CMK8GX4M1A2400C14. Well do let us know if the RAM runs at 2400 or 2133. There will not be much performance difference though. I guess 1-2% between 2133 and 2400.

I never suggested you to go with 8GB Ram or Corsair Kit. I only told you corsair rams have no problem with Ryzen unlike what mdcomputers said.

All these RAMs have no problem with "working". What people are talking is whether they will run at their "rated" high frequencies(3000Mhz and higher) or they will run "native" speed(usually 2133Mhz/2400Mhz depending on the RAM). On Ryzen platforms, some sticks start working at rated speed by default. Most of the sticks, you have to go to bios and turn up the frequency multiplier or enable xmp and they work at rated frequencies with no issues. Some others need more effort like tinkering with timings, voltages to make the run at rated frequencies and some may not run at rated speed at all. But all of them do work at their native speeds. Since your RAM is only rated for 2400Mhz, you need not worry much. It should either run at 2133Mhz or 2400Mhz. There won't be more than 1-2% increase in performance by 300Mhz.

I haven't activated windows yet. Ryzen balanced plan will be available with latest chipset drivers.

Thanks for explaining. Should I stick with Asus B350+ or shift to Gigabyte? Sure I will let you all know the mhz at which it runs. If you find the mobo and psu anywhere then please let me know.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY) 8600/-

Search : b350 - ITDepot b350 boards

www.mdcomputers.in - B350 boards in stock.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY) 8600/-

Just got off the phone with MD Computers. They told me that Gigabyte one is indeed available. Rs. 500/- are the shipping charges. But they said that they have already booked a po for me for Asus Prime and Antec vp550p. They are requesting me to stick with it as they have entered the same in my account. It will be available by tomorrow. They also said Asus is easy for OC+Ram will give you the real speed with Asus.
It seems users are also divided. Eight ports, better oc vs better audio and dual bios.
ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS vs GB AB350 Gaming 3
Asus PRIME B350-PLUS vs Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 • r/Amd

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Can't go wrong with either boards but take mdcomputers suggestions with grain of salt. They only care for their own inventory management and process pipelines and rarely for the user.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Can't go wrong with either boards but take mdcomputers suggestions with grain of salt. They only care for their own inventory management and process pipelines and rarely for the user.
Thanks. I will wait till tomorrow if Asus is available then fine otherwise Gigabyte.
Did you check the above two links? Guys have made very solid points in favor of both Asus and Gigabyte which has only confused me lol

Top Bottom