Price of blank DVD media

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
kalpik said:
I get Writex here @ 140 (for a 10 pack). And i agree.. Writex DVD's are good.
Thats real cheap, is it the price in Nehru Place or yur local comp shop? Actually i bought it frm a stationery store in my locality.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Re: Writex blank DVD media - sum1 plz explain!!!

Is the Writex DVD any good?
What dye do they use??
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/9585/writexdvdrsk6.jpg
& R they actually manufactured by MBI(Moser Baer India) ?
Sum1 using Writex,eg Kalpesh plz do explain!
Got it@15 p.p!

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
First of all, Im Kalpik, NOT Kalpesh!!! :p

Yeah, Writex uses the same die as Moser Baer. And all DVD's will show 4.38 GB only! Try with another disk!

royal

Padawan
hey KALPESH :D ...

have a look here and here...

these are from my "fake" MoserBaer DVDs ...
BTW there are two versions of MoserBaer available ... "PRO" version and NonPro version. I think the silver ones are the NonPro version :)

Last edited:

kalpik

@TechGuru#1: yeah, i use the same stuff.. Im getting good quality writes with it (always > 97).

@royal: I cannot open those links.. Really dunno about the versions n stuff, but i never got good writes with the silver ones..

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Now,the next important thing,how durable are these WRITEX medias for archival purpose,sumthing 2 the tune of 5 years & above ?

royal

Padawan
TechGuru#1 said:
Now,the next important thing,how durable are these WRITEX medias for archival purpose,sumthing 2 the tune of 5 years & above ?

Kalpik, what do you think ?
BTW , I have corrected the links. Please have a look :p

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
I got NavTech DVD-R 25-pack for 250/- @ 10/- per piece in Kanpur.

There's a piracy market there n this guy supplies blank media to all the pirates. He's a wholesale dealer.
Believe me the whole market uses this media for piracy. And the quality is verry good and durable, as can be seen by the high dependency of the market on this media.
So my vote goes to NavTech :)
MoserBaer media costs Rs.15/- per piece...

BTW I think that I'm not going against the rules by mentioning piracy, is it???
If so, then u can correct me!

plsoft

Journeyman
knight17 said:
Un branded DVD 15 RS..
Branded ones for Rs.45 upwards...
Dude the Rs 45 price is not coz its a branded one, its coz the dvd is a branded one + with hard cover. The Rs 15 price is for the open ones & it doesn't mean they r not branded.

go_gamez

In the zone
how is samsung pleomax ??i got it rs 13 per piece..(a box of 25 )is the quality good ??has anyone used it ??

kalpik

TechGuru#1 said:
Hehe.. How can i say that! I just bought my DVD Writer a few months back! So its wait and watch!

@royal: Hmm.. That media looks pretty ok to me! Did u burn a disk or two? What quality score are you getting in Nero CD/DVD Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom