Price of blank DVD media

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
hmm here in chennai, (might be so elsewhere as well) the famous Ritchie Street sells DVDs in fluctuating prices...
Coz I bought 10 DVD MoserBaer pack for Rs.290 some 6 months back, and one month later, it was Rs.240 and now its fluctuating around Rs.160 to Rs.180

u cud always bargain or go to shops with referrals ;) (Hey referreals even work here, not just for hosting :p)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Praveen, where do you buy man? I might check in today or tomorrow. Please let me know.

I buy MMORE (a Moser Baer Company) for rs. 160/10 DVDs. I know it's costly, but I don't visit there often, so no referrals.

Scorpio sells for 12.5 per DVD. MMORE at around 15-16. Is there any thing in between these 2?

royal

Padawan
kalpik said:
@royal: Hmm.. That media looks pretty ok to me! Did u burn a disk or two? What quality score are you getting in Nero CD/DVD Speed?

Yes, I did burn two disks ;)
I'll post them very soon :) ...meanwhile can you post me screenshots of your media from DVD-Info or DVD-Identifier ? :confused:

royal

Padawan
Kalpik

here's screenshot of a blank silver MoserBaer DVD in Nero Info Tool

and here's Nero Disc Quality test results

I got a score of 95 in quality test :evil:
... what do you think :confused: please give your opinion :neutral:
if its not asking too much from you, could you please clarify what do the different graphs mean ?

OP
A

abhijitroy

Broken In
I bought blank DVDs of Moserbaer for Rs 23/- apiece. The max. write speed that it supports is 16X. These were selling loose. However, Moserbaer sealed DVD cakes of 10 were selling at Rs 275/-. But they were of 9X write speed. So, I went for the loose ones. Any comment please...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@royal: hmm.. that's an ok-ok score.. Well.. there are 2 things to be kept in mind in quality scans, PI Errors (PIE) and PI Failures (PIF). PIF's should be minimum. PIE=error occurred but was corrected, PIF=error occurred and could not be corrected. You have a Max PIE of 215, which is pretty ok but Max PIF=9, which is a little bad.. I get max PIF around 3-4. Also if you see the lower part of the graph, you will notice that the green vertical bars are closely spaced, which means a LOT of PIF's occurred, ie total 2712, and believe me, that is a LOT!! That is the major problem with your disk.. Scan it after a week or two and then compare the result. If the result changes drastically, then the media is really bad. I always get a quality score of 97+ with my Moser Baer's also the total and max PIF's are far lesser!

royal

Padawan
hey kalpik thx for the info man ... :p

So according to you Writex is a safe and cheap option ? BTW, are there fake Writex DVDs doing rounds in the market and if yes how can I identify them ?

And do you happen to know any other tool like Nero Cd/DVD info :confused:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah.. Writex is pretty safe.. No fake ones till now.. Actually its cheap na, so not much profit in producing fake ones.. There is also another tool called k-probe but that's more suited to LiteON drives.. Stick with nero only IMHO..

royal

Padawan
Finally I have got hold of 10 original "Red n' Black" MoserBaer DVD-R for Rs. 220/- :D

However on scanning them with DvdInfo and DvdIdentifier, i have got exactly ... and I mean exactly same info :confused:

So i think even the "fake" MoserBaer Dvds are actually genuine ... however they have an inferior coating on them (since they are not PRO version) hence the data loss with time
And if this is not so , then hats off to the imposters... you have made India proud :D

nil_3

In the zone
nil_3 said:
In kolkata(Chandni area) branded DVDs(single layer, blank) costs Rs. 250/- for a ten's pack(Moserbaer, Mitsubisi, Samsung etc)

It is Rs. 230/- now.

got dvds today/a`bad.
Verbatim-MCC 02RG20 @ Rs. 10./ Avg. 7.95X
moserbaer -MBI 03RG40 @ Rs. 17/ Avg. 11.85x
cover - @ Rs. 1

so what r latest prices ?

avik_chat

Broken In
How about Duel Layer Media (8.5 GB). Do we get these in Kolkata? I have searched a lot but couldn't find one. Whats the cost of these 8.5 GB DVD-R?

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
I bought 10 loose Writex DVDs from Palika Bazaar, for Rs. 125. Try out any shop in M - block (the one which is above all other shops), you'll have to bargain a bit, but they settle at Rs. 125-130 for 10 DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom