[Preview + Feedback] Digit July 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
What is this anna? I am addicted to digit and still the issue is not out I am getting mad. Can anyone review abt the mag atleast..

drsubhadip

In the zone
well for the information pc world is their 2 nd anniversory issue
so with price tag of rs 200 they r giving 2 dual layer dvds. but contents are less than the june 2008 of digit also..
so not worthy of buying..

the contents r very good for this month of digit ..
i got it yesterday..
excellent movie..
thanks for that raboo..
but one thing ..just for suggestion..
can u guys give iso format of linux ..
it will be better for us to maintain the OS..
The quality of the magazine is also improved and good to see the GREAT FAST TRACK with "COLOUR"
thanks DIGIT for it..
great collections of troubleshooting
thanks for that DIGIT..
best of luck for the august issue

wtech

Broken In
Digit Crossword Contest a fraud :

I had submitted an all correct entry, emailed it to tq at thinkdigit dot com on 6th May 2008 (admins may pm me to know the email and have me forward them a copy with original headers), please check ur email inbox also for 6th May emails. Subject of email was Crossword Entry for May 2008

My crossword entry was :

*i36.tinypic.com/30x8qb8.jpg

This is really bad, the issue says that May 2008 had no winner, pathetic ! If someone else was declared May 2008 crossword winner then tell me, otherwise this is nothing but fraud. Waiting for your replies.:x

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Just got the Magazine.. But one mistake.. Digit posted 2 articles 2 times . namely Trails of Bytes and Revolution Of charge !

wtech

Broken In
Bumping the thread :::::

Is anyone from Digit looking into this :

I had submitted an all correct entry, emailed it to tq at thinkdigit dot com on 6th May 2008 (admins may pm me to know the email and have me forward them a copy with original headers), please check ur email inbox also for 6th May emails. Subject of email was Crossword Entry for May 2008

My crossword entry was :

This is really bad, the issue says that May 2008 had no winner, pathetic ! If someone else was declared May 2008 crossword winner then tell me, otherwise this is nothing but fraud. Waiting for your replies.

pushpipsu

Broken In
got mag yesterday. good work this month.
Coloured fast track is a nice approach.
also contents of mag and fasttrack are very good ,especially fast track

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I bought the mag yesterday . . Didnt find it great . . Not much i was trying to update avast but it was older than 8th june . . Y is it so old . .
i didnt know mojopac was freeware . . I had read earlier it its not . .
good thing that fasttrack is now coloured . .
i didnt find any interesting stuff this month

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I bought the mag on 12th July. Time was 10:00 PM. and the mag had been read by the time 1:00 AM. The ads are quite a lot. I would appreciate them if they don't come in the way of articles. Just put them somewhere at the end of the mag. I loved the new FT Fast Track A colored edition must have cost you a bit too much but still you put it and that too at the same cost. Great efforts. The cover story was the best. The freewares reviews were quite the same. Loved that too. Nothing to be angry about except that I really missed the How To issue.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
:p:):pAh at last got the Mag in evening today. I felt like getting salary on the pay day.
Total Pages(Mag)=112 (Including the cover pages):mad:

Quality of the pages=8.5(out of 10) Improved a lot.:p

Article=Behind the games,Trail of bytes are simply outstanding. Other's are good. Agent 001 as usual Rocks with Digital cameras. Projectors were tested I did not followed it at all.:p

Fast Track= I in the form of Q&A 128 Pages and in Colour, Yea!! its true in colour. Fast track is the collection of all the Q&A. Nice one to add to our collection.:p

CD&DVD= The first thing i did was to warch Big Buck Bunny good stuff. Bundeled nice. Regular stuff was useless to me even the update was old. Opera 9.5 included. Oh yes fedora 9 also.:)

NoTe: Guys look out for the Tips & Tricks Section.:p

Last edited:

wtech

Broken In
Bumping the thread :::::

Is anyone from Digit looking into this :

My crossword entry was :

This is really bad, the issue says that May 2008 had no winner, pathetic ! If someone else was declared May 2008 crossword winner then tell me, otherwise this is nothing but fraud. Waiting for your replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@wtech STOP BUMPING >:-(

Great mag Raaabo... Colored Fast Track is nice...
Loved the Agent 001 article...
Projector review is of not much use to Indian Home Users. Sono comments on that.

Cover art is cool too.. (Me likes Digit's cover art most.)

Behind the games article totally rocked.

DVD contents were not so gud. Apart from Bunny HD movie and Fedora9.. Nothing great. :(

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
My review:

Pros: Good Quality Contents, Nice l33tish articles(but still less in numbers though), Digit ascending back again:)D), CD contents were good, Fast Track was good.

Cons: DVD contents were... well... less in number, NO TAKE A CRACK!, Extremely thin mag, absence of Deepak still felt, Fast track could have been better utilized if the Q&A section was still there.

Score:I'll give it a 7/10(May one deserved 4, June one never arrived at my place)
Note: This issue pwn3d other mags(naming none due to T.O.S.) Good Job Team Digit :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks god! Digit has switched to moder baer.
But I still got scratched cd. Plz give more care & attention to packaging.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@wtec: I cannot find a mail from you in the TQ inbox. What address did you send it from? It may have been deleted as spam. Keep playing though. Why would we want to commit "fraud" over a book? Seriously! If we had got a right entry from you, why should we not give you a book?

Also, a note to all members: Please don't blindly send forwards to all addresses in your contact list. We've noticed recently that some entries are being marked as spam because the participants in question are sending forwards as well to our contest IDs. If your forwards get marked as spam, all mail from your mail ID gets marked as spam. I'll try and get this fixed, but please, No Forwards, seriously!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Moser Baer gets less scratched compared to Sony ? I am not just talking of mag DVDs, but also of DVD+R.

techfat

Right off the assembly line
this issue is good ..
FAST TRACK COLOUR IS FANTASTIC...
I HURTED WHED FOUN MAIN MAG. IS ONLY OF 120 PAGE INSTEAD OF 130 PAGES ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom