[Preview + Feedback] Digit July 2007

What type games would you like to see on the Digit CD / DVD?

• Lots of free games that will run on any PC

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Demos of the latest games (for higher-end PCs)

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
By the way, is there really any need to include the CD? I think a DL DVD every month is enough. So why just making the disc cluster bigger?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
May be they're thinking abt the ppl who still own the old warhorses CD-Roms

anyway gr8 edition and the DL is the main reason that they can pack in so much stuff for everyone.Hope they don't intend to hike the price

soham

In the zone
Great DVD contents. Really appreciated. But magazine could have been better. Also guys please start reviewing hardwares within VISTA as most other magazines have already started doing so.

praka123

left this forum longback
blackpearl said:
Digit has no other option but to give Linux softwares in source formats because there are hundreds of distros out there and each have their own package manager. An rpm package for Fedora will not work for Suse or Red Hat. A dpkg package for Debian will not work for Ubuntu. Even differnt versions of the same distro have different packages for installation. Now which one will Digit give? So the safest option is to give the source code. If you have the correct libraries, you can compile and use it in any distro.

Needless to say, it seldom works, nor does RPMs do (the dependency hell). So giving linux softwares is useless, except linux distros.
exactly this is my point.with source packages given,n00bs tries thinking it can be easy install like in installshield/.exe's.that's what i quoted.let digit provides distro DVDs/CDs.but its a waste providing source.and i pointed that earlier itself in the thread.
use synaptic package manager(in menu>System>admin>).it contains all those softwares!digit simply provides source packages for Linux,that is not worth with Ubuntu and other distros which got apt and dpkg and better package management.
Anjuta is a good ide for c/cpp.eclipse is for java etc.again those source packages distributed by digit is a waste without a good package manager which resolves dependecies.that i'd say is a waste that digit carries these source packages.rather they shud provide linux distros in more and BIG softwares for eg;for Ubuntu-Aptoncd etc.
Dont try those source given from digit.its just illogical for eg;how it'll be if u get those .dll files,diffrnt config things etc wholesale to ur hand instead of installshield setup or simply "setup.exe"-the same thing in linux/unix are those gzipped(.gz) or bzipped(.bz2) source files;for eg:ur xmms source!.
So the thing is there are very good package managers which can fetch you and install software without searching internet like in windows.for eg: Debian or Ubuntu have apt and dpkg doing a wonderful job.for redhat/fedora .rpm is there,yum is there etc.
So never try those outdated source and if possible any source packages,get ur package manager works for you! :smile:
for eg:in GNOME menu after Applications and Places,there is another menu called System which contains administration menu>in which there is synaptic manager.give ur local user password when prompted.
Do read below article very informative for Windows Users too:
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=529172&postcount=4

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Well this time your Magazine/Media content are really worth praising.. you are gonna rock this time..
Far better than your anniversary issue

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Amazing. Digit is going to touch new hights again.

Content is far better then June Issue.. If they were amazing then this is super amazing.

Everything is 10/10 (Except Fast Track to Apple.:D)

rajasekharan

Youngling
after long , long ,loooooooooong time i like this issue very very very much...:)

maya ,
cs3 ....wow (you guys really need a hug..:) )

thank you , thank you , thank you....:)

now , when are you going to include a tutee of maya, max, zbrush (dont tell you had it in anniversary issue , do you really think that was a tuteee).

please , please you made a promise in last year....now one year gone...:(

i want tutees.....:)

regardless , this issue rocks...:)

the best since long,. long ,looong time

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
diGit this month's content (both mag and dvd) is just superb...
but my utter luck is that i am in my native town and would return next month so i will not be able to enjoy this month's issue.. :-(

lastly this month issue i am going to consider as the anniversary issue of digit..

thanks digit

-SUDE

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah everything looks perfect...
Apple Fast track doesnt make sense...looks like Apple gets Digit's attention this month after so many months!

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Intel_Gigacore said:
yes the newstand copy will have DVD case

Have you already got the issue?
Moving on to DL DVD would cost Digit some extra money, therefore to cut the cost they might get rid of the box...thats why I asked

...we all know what happened to Digit Patron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom