[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Konain said:
Old game, still older movie. By the way I'm facing problems with AOE III demo. It's saying not enough disk space though it's 1.5 GB left!! Any solutions???

Clear your Temp Folder and try. Use Disk Cleanup ;)

hpotter606

Journeyman
@Kaysquare: You have a letter signed by our CEO which tells you that this one time we are charging Rs 50 to get EXTRA goodies that are NOT part of the regular Digit package that we promised to give you for your subscription price.

If you want these EXTRA digital discs, you will have to make out a cheque / draft for the amount specified in the letter.

Meanwhile please confirm here that you have received the special Zero1 Awards issue plus the regular Digit CD, DVD and Fast Track book at the same price you paid when you subscribed.

Best of luck!

Raaabo

Thats what i have been telling!!
But no one was in the mood of listening but instead called me a member of team digit :evil:
If i am called member of team digit for supporting Digit then the one opposing should be called members of team chip :lol:
I hope the subscibers have calmed down by now.

kaliaraj

Broken In
I may be too harsh in saying this but this time digit has really came up with under par performance.I totally agree with above facts.I would like to add one more being a subscriber as they say i have to pay Rs 50 and Rs 25 extra for non mumbai cheques makng total approx to Rs 200 THUS WHOLE PURPOSE OF BEING A SUBSCRIBER IS DEFEATED.MOREOVER I RECIEVED MY MAGAZINE ON 9TH DEC AND IT WAS AVAILABLE AT STANDS ON 1ST
PLEASE DIGIT CORRECT THESE MISTAKES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

amit_stg

Broken In
i didnt find old 12 issues of digit on CD or DVD, as it is mentioned in the book that DVD is accompanied with old issues in pdf format.
plz check

harshagarwal

Journeyman
thanks Raabo for replying in this forum.

About my view that subscribers are not handicapped I meant to say we the subscribers are not the one who always stays at home (My English is not so good and that’s why I used the word Handicapped. As still I don’t know which word would fit better)

Almost all the subscribers would go to their respective schools, colleges or offices daily and finding a newsstand on the way would not be difficult and they can pick their magazine from there.

So that Mr.Jasubhai saying that we are getting magazine delivered at are place is such a great thing that he should mention this in his letter and justify extra payment that the subscribers have to pay to get the freebies.

Also you are highlighting the words "ONE TIME PAYMENT", so should the subscribers consider this message from you as official one and they can be assured that they will never be asked to pay extra money to get the freebies or the next time when Digit comes out with a Special or Mega Issue another letter from CEO would be gracing the subscribers justifying another "ONE TIME PAYMENT".

andysmith45

Broken In
Just bought the Dec issue of Digit from the newstand only to find that the Terminator2 DVD not working. I have an LG combo drive and it doesn't recognize the DVD. What do I do now? Can I exchange it for another one at my newstand? Does Digit compensate them for a faulty DVD?

razorjack

Right off the assembly line
harmax said:
the sania thing sucked though
I have to agree .... true she is the poster child for India ... but are the techies of india suffering some sort of inferiority complex or something. Usually the covers show a model with gadget ...or a tech theme. Frankly the cover for this issue was very misleading ... i was expecting some article about Ms Sania's tech life ... or e-interests. I would love to see some interviews or info into the bigwigs in the IT sector in India. Their stories, ideals their funda in life things like that.

chippy

Clippings:
Raaabo said:
We understand that your initial reactions to this will be anger, only because you are used to our policies of passing as little of the costs off on to our readers, and taking the hit ourselves, but in some cases this is not possible. We have hoped that cooler heads will understand what you as subscribers have got thus far, and what you will get in the future, and place a value on it in terms of savings and the extra goodies you have got before for free. I think if you calmly look back at what Digit has provided you with in the past, and even compare it to what other magazines have offered, you will find that it's a lot more than this one time charge of Rs 50.

I would also like to tell you that the entire team left no stone unturned in trying to find a way to avoid this situation, but alas, finally, the decision was reached only because we found no other way. I sincerely hope you guys understand what I have tried to explain to you in this post.

Dear Mr. Raabo,
Digit Team Left No Stone Unturned? WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO PRINT SANIA MIRZA'S PIC ON THE COVER? You could have saved money by simply printing some digital art made by your team & could give the stuff to the subscribers. Some other members have also posted similar views. I don't need that stuff but you kicked the butt of your subscribers. By the way your magazine has become a cr@p. Compare it with Chip. I made the wrong decision of subscribing to digit.
I would really be happy if you reply, sir.

iinfi

mekalodu
@chippy:
hi buddy, There is no use posting here. U will only get dumb replies here from the digit guys.
I am waiting for February when my subscription will end.
cheers
iinfi

Balan K

kaysquare wrote:

I want an answer to the point. And one more question "IS DIGIT READY TO FACE A CONSUMER COURT" think twice before answering as i am taking screenshots of all these posts including the deleted posts, which i am planing to submit as proof in the consumer court if subscribers are not treated fairly.

Raaabo wrote:

First off I thought I explained the deletion? People (readers and the digit team as well) started messaging me saying that this whole DVD / CD / Mag thing in different threads was confusing, make it one thread... So i just did that, posted a new thread, deleted the older ones. If I was so interested in blocking your views I would have deleted this thread as well right? Think rationally for once please. The older threads, in fact, had more praise in it than this thread, so why didn't I just delete the brickbats then? I can't believe certain older members on this forum who know me are insinuating that i deleted the threads only to hide criticism. You guys sadden me i would have thought that you know me better than that! Besides, what was different in those posts from what you all have posted here. Print Screen away, I think it's a waste of time!

kaysquare wrote:

Again i didnot get answer to my main question.

"if you still want to charge Rs 50, are you ready to face a consumer court "
It is the respect i have for DIGIT that is making me ask this question again and again....

If you are sure, reply on this forum saying the same and we will meet in the court...

Another Member Wrote

@Kaysquare: You have a letter signed by our CEO which tells you that this one time we are charging Rs 50 to get EXTRA goodies that are NOT part of the regular Digit package that we promised to give you for your subscription price.

If you want these EXTRA digital discs, you will have to make out a cheque / draft for the amount specified in the letter.

Meanwhile please confirm here that you have received the special Zero1 Awards issue plus the regular Digit CD, DVD and Fast Track book at the same price you paid when you subscribed.

Best of luck!

The Issue what i got is priced at Rs 200 and Printed as Subscriber copy. Hence i should get all the contents accompanied with the magazene at no extra cost when the same magazene is available for 200 rupees to other buyers with all these extra contents. Otherwise let the so called DIGIT give me a magazene which is printed as priced at Rs 100 or Rs 125.

CONSUMER COURT

1. DIGIT has declared that SUBSCRIBERS WILL BE PROTECTED FROM FUTURE PRICE HIKES AND ANY SPECIAL ISSUES PRICED HIGH THAN THE REGULAR MAGAZENE in all their previous issues for the purpose of availing subscription. and now if they ask for additional money for whatsoever is the reason it is like cheating the subsdriber and they have all valid reasons to go to CONSUMER COURT as it will be a lesson for all.

2. Even after getting Rs 50 they have to send the gifts again by courier or post which involves some cost which could have been saved by them and will not get enough from the subscribers.

So KAYSQUARE let me also join with you in the opinion to goto CONSUMER COURT and similar subcribers also can stand united and PROVE WHOM WE ARE TO DIGIT.

premsharma

In the zone
PROBLEM WITH XML PAGES

I AM NOT ABLE TO OPEN XML PAGES FROM DIGIT CD & DVD. I MEAN RIGHT CLICK, EXPLORE AND THEN
OPEN XML PAGES FROM ROOT DIRECTORY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DESCRIPTION OF VARIOUS SOFTWARES.
FOLLOWING IS THE ERROR CODE GENERATED:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'file:///G:/multimedia.xml'. Line 8, P...
<software>
-^

IT WAS POSSIBLE WHEN INTERFACE WAS HTML BUT AFTER DIGIT SWITCHED OVER TO FLASH INTERFACE, I AM FACING SUCH PROBLEMS.
I WANT TO BACK UP DIGIT SOFTWARES IN ORGANISED FOLDERS WITH DESCRIPTION OF SOFTWARE, WHICH I WANT TO COPY FROM XML FILES.

ANY HELP PLEASE?

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Final Conclusion:
I'll send in the cheque as I think that this is only time investment and am desperate to get the movie dvd.
But I really don't like the idea of paying the 25 rs as my cheque is outstation cheque. :(

Digit should apply different srategy,
digit should not pack all goodies in one month, rather divide the goodies over a period of time. This would result in cost reduction as well as happy subscribers/ Newsstand buyers. :lol:
And a surprise is always welcome.

Avoid printing high profile models photos if it increases the cost a lot. :?

The issue is not as bad as you guys have promoted it. surely there are dozens of ads, but they need to have them to survive in the market.

Anyways fast track series is about to end (10 out of 12 issues are out).
This would surely cut the costs. Hope they plan to continue it for some more time as these are really informative. and include the pdf's of the previous issues please.

_[/b]

elumalai

Broken In
k... all the worries for me gone...

my DVD works perfectly. :):):):)

and the software DVD content is also superb..especially the wallpaper collection..i luved it very much.

chippy

iinfi said:
@chippy:
hi buddy, There is no use posting here. U will only get dumb replies here from the digit guys.
I am waiting for February when my subscription will end.
cheers
iinfi

Well Mr. Raabo didn't even reply. I am waiting for your reply Mr. Raabo. :!:

kaliaraj

Broken In
WELL i think no one at digit is even bothered to read this forum so no point in discussing the under par digit issue as compared to other tech magazines .Please guys improve yourself I've been a constant reader of digit for almost 8 years now,never seen such feedbacks but this time issue was really bad..........................................................................

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
About ur Dec issue!

Hi all!

Been following Digit for few months though :( to say irregularly. This month's issue was great but my heart flinched a bit for 200/-, but it was worth it.

All your articles were really great!!! And what I liked even more was the amount of content! I spent some 6 hours reading and understanding. (Talk about slow fellows like me :oops: !) At least for me there was no problem with either DVD or CD!

Your guide to gaming was more about heavy multiplayers online games! Though I agree that cities are now having good internet connections but these are few! But more schocking was your one paragraph on flash games!!! I think they deserve more consideration!

:arrow: I did not find the old digit pdfs though inside the book you said they were! :?: And about AoE3, I installed it in another drive and tried the update but it did not work; so what to do?

All in all things are good, but I just feel you are slowly going away from average users and readers. Still, your's is a wonderful magazine and am very happy to buy it.

A 'Digit'ised addict! :wink:

P.S: Oh yes, and what had Sania to do with this? :wink:

coolsunil75

it is really bad on your part to subscriber like me, it is very unfair that i have to pay 50Rs for 2 extra, subscriber is supposed to get benefit from inflation,rate increasing,etc
but it is all new strange tht your company had decided to charge subscriber it is reallly bad on your policy...

and found tht Terminator 2 is not on single dvd instead it is being clubbed with other which is again not good idea. i hope u better off with simple special pack with better contents.

what is more worst tht for subscriber who had order the extra cds, you had sent the cds content in pathetic envelope instead of better jewel case it will be BETTER for some subscriber if they want to buy extra CDs at the extra COST!

more so, in news-stand, there is always it come with some jewel-case for cover of dvd or cd or whatsoever, i m not concerned with this, it might give justice to newstand, but it is grave justice to subscriber as u had mentioned that subscriber has benefit from inflation, etc, actually it is news-stand user had great benefit. hope you learn this way for coming new year, never do it again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom