[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin345

Broken In
This month issue is a good one but I`m really upset that Price of Digit is increasing month by month but the quality of pages is really bad.I think they should do something about it . :evil: :evil:

Also Digit People you have made a big mistake on the last page 224 of Article
"THE FIRST AMENDMENT ,NOW FOR SCHOOLKIDS"
the conversion of dollor is wrong its $(US)117,500 equal to Rs5.17lakhs Abig mistake

Now Some complain about October issue :No Sony network walkman in comparision with I-pod .. :evil:

cyberzook

Journeyman
Info

Raaabo I wanna know a few things::

1.. How is the ordered DVD being packaged ? R u giving a proper DVD case ? R there 1 or 2 DVDs ?

2.. When is the last date of ordering ?

3.. Will "at par" cheques be taken ? It will save Rs. 25 for non Mumbai people.

Based on the replies I would decide whether to order..

chippy

Right off the assembly line
Mr. Raabo I am still waiting for your reply. I think you have no option but to ignore my post bcoz you dont know wat 2 say. :p

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
chippy said:
Dear Mr. Raabo,
Digit Team Left No Stone Unturned? WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO PRINT SANIA MIRZA'S PIC ON THE COVER? You could have saved money by simply printing some digital art made by your team & could give the stuff to the subscribers. Some other members have also posted similar views. I don't need that stuff but you kicked the butt of your subscribers. By the way your magazine has become a cr@p. Compare it with Chip. I made the wrong decision of subscribing to digit.
I would really be happy if you reply, sir.

Sania Mirza was gracious enough to accept being on our cover because the Zero1 awards highlight the best in their field in India. We decided on a sports theme, and the obvious choice was Sania, as she is the highest ranked Indian tennis player. It's sort of like trying to emphasize the whole "champions" thing.

Even if we got one of the biggest bollywood stars or the highest paid sportsman/woman on our cover, the payment would have not even been close to the losses we would have to incur by giving 40,000 subscribers the movie DVD for free.

You guys demanded a movie, we gave it to you but for an extra price, which is solely your choice. It would be helpful if someone would tell me what the exact price of a legal copy of terminator 2 costs in the market!

I have asked people to follow the forum rules, but you are crossing boundaries by mentioning competitor magazines. Perhaps you should look more closely at their offerings over the next few months, compare it to ours and then decide.

If you say that the magazine sucks I would appreciate feedback as to what you liked and what you didn't. Simply saying look at X they're better! is not helping. If you would be so kind as to elucidate I would be very grateful. Remember, no comparisons please, just suggestions for digit. Afterall this IS the feedback thread and it's what I was expecting to see here.

I welcome criticism, it can only improve us!

Raaabo

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Raaabo, it is right that one should not compare DIGIT to other magazine in this forum as per the rule but chippy is just furstrated just like some of us, so don't take it seriously. And by the way it is too late to argue about the december issue.
But I think that Raaabo and TEAM DIGIT must have looked into the controversy and whatever problems faced by the subscriber and newstand buyers and would seriously try to solve it. Specially the late delivery of magazine to the subscribers, plz make sure that the january issue reaches subscriber on time. Thanks.

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Original Terminator 2 costs Rs.299/- in the market!

*shopping.rediff.com/shop/productdi...2&menbr=429&frompg=yh_terminator 2 dvd_search

Balan K

Right off the assembly line
Raaabo Wrote

You guys demanded a movie, we gave it to you but for an extra price, which is solely your choice. It would be helpful if someone would tell me what the exact price of a legal copy of terminator 2 costs in the market!

When you were able to give a gift worth Rs 7,000 as follows

The 8-CD National Geographic Maps pack
The National Geographic Photo Gallery
Monster Truck Madness 2 Game CD
Kasparov Chessmate Game CD
3 issues of Skoar! worth Rs.600

along with a three year subscription why can't you absorb this 50 also.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Raaabo said:
You guys demanded a movie, we gave it to you but for an extra price, which is solely your choice.
:roll: Was it mentioned at that time that if we choose movie, we will have to pay some extra cash? I don't think so. :?

BTW, I have sent a cheque long back. I have neither received any confirmation nor the DVD, etc. Please tell me whom to contact.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
elumalai said:
after installing motocross, another application called dssagent is running.....what is that spyware???virus???

Yes !
ITs a SPYWARE ! Remove it now !
*www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/dssagent/

bala4digit

Journeyman
Ok Raaabo...this itself can be taken by you as a feedback....why you guys don't guarantee on your contents provided in the cd/dvd....please guarantee that no harm will be done to your pc!....you say that Cd contents are not guaranteed by you....any harm done will be sole responsibility of ourselves???..please this scares new users...do something....reply quickly RAAABo

hsnayvid

Journeyman
i'm sure that digit is going to offer subscribers something special (other than the regular issue) ometime soon. so relax guys, and now december is almost over too!

What is cooking for January Raaabo??

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hell , I havent got my magazine yet.
It happens every month for the last 2-3 months.
Earlier I used to get my Mag in first week of the month.
But now , Its always a loooooong wait .
Even I had called to their Mumbai office on 11th and they said my issue has been dispatched four days before and will be reaching anytime.
But I m still waiting.
Now I wish , I should not have subscribed to digit.
There is no use of getting the Mag so late as by that time I had already read the Mag from my friends or my college library.
But then the point is , What is I m benefitting from Subscription.Hence I have dropped the idea of my renewal.
I used to love Digit but now I m afraid I couldnt continue that...

bala4digit

Journeyman
i thought that subriscption was mainly done by people to save money....man here you save a lot by subscribing to digit....i think u can compromise on time...neways its your wish.!!!

But digit is damn irresitable....!!

wise

Broken In
My Last Post Removed?

Why Sir? Are you yellow or something? Can't stomach an unbiased view?
All I had written in that post was that instead of giving cheap trinkets along with the subscription, Digit would do well to give subscription at concessional rates. I subscribe the magazine for content and not for frebees ( Unless freebees are of sufficeintly good quality to really matter).

It is bad form to quote exaggerated prices of the freebees. Do you all think that the readers of the Digit are all dumb? I can understand your compulsions to promote some products but please do it judiciously, that is , by giving the subscribers freedom of choice. What will I do with a camera which is of no use to me.

That is why I opted to renew my subscription for one year only, because I really like to read the magazine and the booklet and would like to keep getting it regularly. The CD/DVD s are also good.

I hope that the next offer will be smarter.

Tech&ME

Banned
Raaabo said:
chippy said:
Dear Mr. Raabo,
Digit Team Left No Stone Unturned? WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO PRINT SANIA MIRZA'S PIC ON THE COVER? You could have saved money by simply printing some digital art made by your team & could give the stuff to the subscribers. Some other members have also posted similar views. I don't need that stuff but you kicked the butt of your subscribers. By the way your magazine has become a cr@p. Compare it with Chip. I made the wrong decision of subscribing to digit.
I would really be happy if you reply, sir.

Sania Mirza was gracious enough to accept being on our cover because the Zero1 awards highlight the best in their field in India. We decided on a sports theme, and the obvious choice was Sania, as she is the highest ranked Indian tennis player. It's sort of like trying to emphasize the whole "champions" thing.

Even if we got one of the biggest bollywood stars or the highest paid sportsman/woman on our cover, the payment would have not even been close to the losses we would have to incur by giving 40,000 subscribers the movie DVD for free.

I have asked people to follow the forum rules, but you are crossing boundaries by mentioning competitor magazines. Perhaps you should look more closely at their offerings over the next few months, compare it to ours and then decide.

If you say that the magazine sucks I would appreciate feedback as to what you liked and what you didn't. Simply saying look at X they're better! is not helping. If you would be so kind as to elucidate I would be very grateful. Remember, no comparisons please, just suggestions for digit. Afterall this IS the feedback thread and it's what I was expecting to see here.

I welcome criticism, it can only improve us!

Raaabo

Raaabo dear,

Firstly before I start to comment, I would like to make it clear that whatever I am going to state in the followings lines must me taken as suggestions and NOT any comparision with other mags please.

Ok so, u mean to say that you/your company paid Rs 299/- each to acquire that DVD from the market and you are bundling that with the mag for FREE ? :?: This doesn't get digested.

So here is the low down on it. You people first go find sponsers for your mag and persuade companies other than yours to sponser products for low price purchase scheme with your mag. So, this people can earn some FREE advertisement and future programs/Carnivals guest invitees (like SKOAR! Lan party). Secondly this people can reach to wider array of customers accross India.

Now, you will ask how a DVD can help a company advertise in this case.
You have bundled Discovery shoot out with the DVD so, the Discovery people could be your sponsers in this case.

However, I agree that they might have not provided the DVD content FREE to you/your company but might have charged minimum, say Rs 50 or so. (NOTE: This is suggestive only). Hence, comparing the Terminator DVD with the one available in the market does not make any sense at all.

But yes, I appreciate your efferts to bring this DVD to bundle with the mag however.

Now, A little about Sania Mirza.

Well to say the list, a Sports Theme does not fit anywhere in a Tech Mag, be it competion highlight or Awards highlight. Instead why don't you fit in Bill Gates ? :?: He has got competetors lurking around him and he still the most successful man in the TECH WORLD. I don't criticise Linux or Mac, but you know better then me what really works in the DESKTOP section of most offices---- Microsoft., easy to configure, easy to learn, easy to work with..... that makes him successful. So, you can't you highlight his ++ to inspire developers do the correct jobs of developing easy to use softwares. (I don't say Linux of Mac is hard to use)

And yes, there is another angle to it. The money you paid to Sania Mirza could have been well utilized to give away the DVD FREE to the subscribers, after all they are your assets and not the newstand buyers. (that's my logic)

It takes time to build Assets for any company , be it your customers, your staff, anyone for that matter, and this needs to be taken seriously. You can't risk loose a good staff on your roll, just b'coz he took a leave for 5 days without informing his office b'coz there was an emergency. I hope you get my point.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

kato

Karthiksn
dude to tell u newstand buyers are more faithful than the subscribers who start talking as they have to pay 75 extra(in case of outside mumbai) and who pay only 66 or sumthing for mag. We bought it for 200 and buy regular ones for hundred u can never say that only subscribers are there assets

wise

Broken In
kato said:
dude to tell u newstand buyers are more faithful than the subscribers who start talking as they have to pay 75 extra(in case of outside mumbai) and who pay only 66 or sumthing for mag. We bought it for 200 and buy regular ones for hundred u can never say that only subscribers are there assets

Hey , What is this? :roll: Do you mean to say that a man spending Rs. 200 for a one night stand is more faithful to his (changeable) partner than a regularly married guy who once in a while has some sharp exchanges with his long time partner?

Not very convincing,huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom