Post your latest Purchase

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yeah absolutely true. My bad i confused it for another level. Its been a while i finished crysis 2 so i mixed it up with another level.

Now you travel with strikland's daughter and gould to the the aliens layer in order to inject that virus that hargreave gave right?

@ asingh

Extremely sorry buddy for misleading you.:sad: Been without my desktop for almost more than 3 months now. I mixed up the levels.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Bought a Samsung 5 series 32" LCD TV. This one

The thing I liked the most so far is that it plays all common video formats through USB. So far I tried DivX, general AVI, MP4, Matroska, .m2ts (blu ray video) in Standard definition, 720p and 1080p, everything plays flawlessly. Safe to say that it can serve as your media player too, all you need to do is connect a hard disk through USB.

The menu interface could have been better though, need to click too many buttons to organise channels.

And to really enjoy movies I'll need to connect external speakers, nothing great about the sound of this television.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
wacom bamboo one
for those who don't know, its a pen tablet.
got it from nehru place for 3.7k, amazing place.
it doesn't come with any drawing software so I have to get them myself.
drawing is real fun with this thing. now I don't even need a mouse lol

The thing I liked the most so far is that it plays all common video formats through USB. So far I tried DivX, general AVI, MP4, Matroska, .m2ts (blu ray video) in Standard definition, 720p and 1080p, everything plays flawlessly. Safe to say that it can serve as your media player too, all you need to do is connect a hard disk through USB.

The menu interface could have been better though, need to click too many buttons to organise channels.

And to really enjoy movies I'll need to connect external speakers, nothing great about the sound of this television.

Congrats to both of you. Please post pics.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

Nice!! Damages?

Also r u looking to add speaker system to this? if yes, which ones are u considering?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Wow nice! Enjoy the movies ;)

How much did it cost?

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

Congrats... Please mention the price and location of purchase.

Actually our age old CRT TV went kaput recently. So, need to buy one soon.
Please give some detail regarding your choice, which others you considered, pros-cons and your experience.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Nice!! Damages?

Also r u looking to add speaker system to this? if yes, which ones are u considering?

"Damages?" What did you mean by that?

I'm not considering adding speakers currently, maybe in the future. In any case, I'll buy 2.1 speakers (with a good powerful woofer) only, my house is not big enough for a 5.1 setup.

Wow nice! Enjoy the movies ;)

How much did it cost?

Thanks

Congrats... Please mention the price and location of purchase.

Actually our age old CRT TV went kaput recently. So, need to buy one soon.
Please give some detail regarding your choice, which others you considered, pros-cons and your experience.

It cost me 33,000/- bought from Great Eastern TechnoCity Kolkata. Actually it was not a very well considered decision. I had considered a lot and decided to buy LG coz my budget was a little tight and it was the cheapest. However when I went to the shop I found that they didn't stock LG products. But it was the only shop which would allow my to plug in my pen drive and let me try the televisions. I had taken a few pictures with various shades to check the colour reproduction and a few videos. They allowed me to try them on various TVs. I tried and liked Sony and Samsung. I liked the menu interface of Samsung more and it was also 1k cheaper, so I bought it.

The biggest advantage of this TV is that you won't need a separate media player coz it supports many formats that too in Full HD. Also, it has an Ethernet port. I'm yet to try it, so will post the details later.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
"Damages?" What did you mean by that?

I'm not considering adding speakers currently, maybe in the future. In any case, I'll buy 2.1 speakers (with a good powerful woofer) only, my house is not big enough for a 5.1 setup.

Thanks

It cost me 33,000/- bought from Great Eastern TechnoCity Kolkata. Actually it was not a very well considered decision. I had considered a lot and decided to buy LG coz my budget was a little tight and it was the cheapest. However when I went to the shop I found that they didn't stock LG products. But it was the only shop which would allow my to plug in my pen drive and let me try the televisions. I had taken a few pictures with various shades to check the colour reproduction and a few videos. They allowed me to try them on various TVs. I tried and liked Sony and Samsung. I liked the menu interface of Samsung more and it was also 1k cheaper, so I bought it.

The biggest advantage of this TV is that you won't need a separate media player coz it supports many formats that too in Full HD. Also, it has an Ethernet port. I'm yet to try it, so will post the details later.

Wow...point noted...if they allow to try it out...superlike! :))

tkin

Back to school!!
After all the pain and suffering, this finally dropped in:
*imgur.com/pQDxR

*i.imgur.com/osI3k.jpg

Its supposed to rotate at max 2200RPM, oh well, I ain't complaining :lol:
*i.imgur.com/OzRHA.jpg

*i.imgur.com/lxQu3.jpg

Coolermaster can rate these at 2.5k RPM if they wish, the first time ever a fan rotates faster than rated RPM.
*i.imgur.com/qI6vo.png

PS: It was a hassle to get it, trackon(read cr@pon) couriers do not deliver to my house, had to pick them up from beckbagan, cost me 50/-, so cost of the fan becomes 600+50/-, got drenched in rain as well.

The fan pushes a lot of air though, and its more silent than CM LED fans(R4), nothing in compare to noctua for silence though, but for 600/- absolute VFM, will buy again if I ever need a case fan.

Scratch that, the fan is loud as hell, thinking of removing it if I do not get accustomed to the noise, its loud, god its loud, I can hear it over my ceiling fan, I think I'll lower the rpm a bit, its so freakin loud.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Does it come in blue LED also?
No, if you want blue led get aerocool fans, I just bought one a few days back and its very bright, I dare say it is as bright as CCFLs, the aerocool fan does not blow a lot of air(1200RPM, 35CFM), but it lights up my entire case, and best part, its blue, so I put up one on the side panel, my parents told me turn it off, as they cant sleep in the light.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just the reason I wouldnt get these coz these do not come in blue!! Darn! :(
Why won't you buy aerocool fans, they blow some air, and has uber bright blue leds, moreover it has 1 year warranty(voided mine, as I cut of the molex adapter and put some electrical tape on it).

I am giving it a miss.
You should, if you are twitchy about noise, fan is brewing a category 4 hurricane(cat 5 is reserved for delta fans :lol: )

But it blows a lot of air, I can feel the air pressure over 1 feet away from fan outlet. Putting two of these on my noctua cooler would yield good numbers, but I'll go deaf by that time anyway.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Why won't you buy aerocool fans, they blow some air, and has uber bright blue leds, moreover it has 1 year warranty(voided mine, as I cut of the molex adapter and put some electrical tape on it).

You should, if you are twitchy about noise, fan is brewing a category 4 hurricane(cat 5 is reserved for delta fans :lol: )

But it blows a lot of air, I can feel the air pressure over 1 feet away from fan outlet. Putting two of these on my noctua cooler would yield good numbers, but I'll go deaf by that time anyway.

And ur system will also develop some "breathing" problems with 2 2200 RPMs pulling in a lot of guck!!

Aerocool 35CFM?? No thanks! My money is still on the R4s as of now!

tkin

Back to school!!
And ur system will also develop some "breathing" problems with 2 2200 RPMs pulling in a lot of guck!!

Aerocool 35CFM?? No thanks! My money is still on the R4s as of now!
No, this one is for exhaust, right now, my intakes are one CM 200mm 700RPM front fan and one aerocool 120mm 35cfm silent led fan.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
No, this one is for exhaust, right now, my intakes are one CM 200mm 700RPM front fan and one aerocool 120mm 35cfm silent led fan.

My bad!! U r right, the xtras r 4 d cooler

After the first time buy of bling bling fans, most people neva buy them again..!

Eh! My personal first time hasnt happened yet!! :( Anyway, next upgrade for me would not be b4 skymont/2015 (whichever is later - all other factors remaining somewhat constant)

tkin

Back to school!!
After the first time buy of bling bling fans, most people neva buy them again..!
Sure learned my lesson, next purchase will be a fan that has less than 30dba sound pressure, now I know why people go ga ga over fan sound all over the world, at the moment cooler master R4s are unbeatable in this segment(20dba, 70CFM), I have 2 lying around, maybe I'll mod the case and put one in.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Bought myself the following from ebay (including shipping):
CM 120mm SickleFlow blue led (R4-L2R-20CK-GP) @ 475 all
and CM 120mm transparent blue led (R4-L2S-122B-GP) @ 349 all.
Cheaper than the local options.

Now my 690II Plus boasts a total of 5 case fans :hyper::
140mm 1200rpm front intake
120mm 2000rpm bottom intake
120mm 2000rpm top (front) intake
120mm 1200rpm rear exhaust
120mm 1200rpm side exhaust
Finally achieved the positive pressure case ventilation. Moreover all intake are meshed. Overall its very quiet since all of them have very low noise. :smile:

@tkin:
Congrats for the purchase. But sorry to hear that your woes are continuing (first Track on, then noise on).
Also, better avoid the aerocool ones, they are damn costly (as MD quoted) and low powered too. I didn't like the look. The CM 90CFMs are very silent.

Top Bottom