Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
Bought myself the following from ebay (including shipping):
CM 120mm SickleFlow blue led (R4-L2R-20CK-GP) @ 475 all
and CM 120mm transparent blue led (R4-L2S-122B-GP) @ 349 all.
Cheaper than the local options.

Now my 690II Plus boasts a total of 5 case fans :hyper::
140mm 1200rpm front intake
120mm 2000rpm bottom intake
120mm 2000rpm top (front) intake
120mm 1200rpm rear exhaust
120mm 1200rpm side exhaust
Finally achieved the positive pressure case ventilation. Moreover all intake are meshed. Overall its very quiet since all of them have very low noise. :smile:

@tkin:
Congrats for the purchase. But sorry to hear that your woes are continuing (first Track on, then noise on).
Also, better avoid the aerocool ones, they are damn costly (as MD quoted) and low powered too. I didn't like the look. The CM 90CFMs are very silent.
Nice, with so many intake fans be prepared to clean the cabby once every two months or so, else you'll not like what you'll see after a few months in there.

And what fans? Aerocool are not fans, they are ccfl, honestly its as bright as ccfl, the fan part is just extra. Now only if could manage the fan noise, I would have the perfect setup :Fingerx:

And ditto, the CM R4s are best balance between noise and airflow.

And show some pics.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I don't like LED fans, am I the only one here with this opinion ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fans that comes bundled with my cabby is superbright too once you remove the top and front panel and with them, it have a very mild glow emitting. I already have 2 CM blue LED and one generic non-LED fan from my earlier case. I don't think I need any more fans. I am bit finicky about the temps but really going by the standard norms, I am doing fine.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
And what fans? Aerocool are not fans, they are ccfl, honestly its as bright as ccfl, the fan part is just extra. Now only if could manage the fan noise, I would have the perfect setup :Fingerx:

And ditto, the CM R4s are best balance between noise and airflow.

And show some pics.

LOL...

And I'll show the pics soon, but first I need to get a damn CPU cooler. Darn, where are you N620!

I don't like LED fans, am I the only one here with this opinion ?

I know, LEDs are waste. But they help to highlight your precious "jewels" if you have a transparent side panel and keep the cabinet on top of desk (like mine). I love the jaw drops of my friends and relatives when they see the beast in full glory. :grin:

What's important that these should come with on/off connectors like my CM 140mm fan which can be attached to the case LED switch. This can help switching off the light when not in need, like watching movies in dark.
Now the only way to manually circumvent it is to tamper with the fan wires which is something that will void your warranty.

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally achieved the positive pressure case ventilation. Moreover all intake are meshed. Overall its very quiet since all of them have very low noise. :smile:

Dont you think you should have the 120 mm 2000 rpms as exhausts and the 120mm 1200 rpms as intakes?:?:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
After all the pain and suffering, this finally dropped in:
*imgur.com/pQDxR

*i.imgur.com/osI3k.jpg

Its supposed to rotate at max 2200RPM, oh well, I ain't complaining :lol:
*i.imgur.com/OzRHA.jpg

*i.imgur.com/lxQu3.jpg

Coolermaster can rate these at 2.5k RPM if they wish, the first time ever a fan rotates faster than rated RPM.
*i.imgur.com/qI6vo.png

PS: It was a hassle to get it, trackon(read cr@pon) couriers do not deliver to my house, had to pick them up from beckbagan, cost me 50/-, so cost of the fan becomes 600+50/-, got drenched in rain as well.

The fan pushes a lot of air though, and its more silent than CM LED fans(R4), nothing in compare to noctua for silence though, but for 600/- absolute VFM, will buy again if I ever need a case fan.

Scratch that, the fan is loud as hell, thinking of removing it if I do not get accustomed to the noise, its loud, god its loud, I can hear it over my ceiling fan, I think I'll lower the rpm a bit, its so freakin loud.

Congos for its arrival!

Not nice to hear that eh? ...maybe a new fan controller now? :lol:

Bought myself the following from ebay (including shipping):
CM 120mm SickleFlow blue led (R4-L2R-20CK-GP) @ 475 all
and CM 120mm transparent blue led (R4-L2S-122B-GP) @ 349 all.
Cheaper than the local options.

@tkin:
Congrats for the purchase. But sorry to hear that your woes are continuing (first Track on, then noise on).
Also, better avoid the aerocool ones, they are damn costly (as MD quoted) and low powered too. I didn't like the look. The CM 90CFMs are very silent.

Congos....enjoy the transparency ;)

My Xtraflo fan arrived today evening too! In 4days flat! :))

SMC international's communication and support is top notch :doublethumb:

Cost-599/- incl shipping via Ebay

The package

*i.imgur.com/JQxuV.jpg

Side one

*i.imgur.com/YasFl.jpg

The other side

*i.imgur.com/jnUlt.jpg

Accessories: 4 screws,4 antivibration pads, One 4pin/3pin extension wire

*i.imgur.com/WR8aL.jpg

Havent used it yet...can get used to the noise... :|

Now,where is my mobo?
:facepalm: :cry:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
NZXT Sentry 2, ehh... primeabgb is offering free shipping this month... ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
NZXT Sentry 2, ehh... primeabgb is offering free shipping this month... ;)
Hmm, is that so, come to think about it, my top dvd writer is giving me issues recently, its time :smile:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Those XtraFlo's are great, looking nice, working nice too. 2300 rpm, hmm! How is the noise at extreme?

tkin

Back to school!!
Poor tkin's dad :lol:
That's a far fetched thought, I won't be buying the fan controller, not very useful as my cabby has just 4 fans and I'd like to control just the rear xtraflow, buying a 2k controller isn't worth it just for that.

I have this devilish thought though, the LNA that came with the noctua fan isn't going anywhere .... :twisted:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
That's a far fetched thought, I won't be buying the fan controller, not very useful as my cabby has just 4 fans and I'd like to control just the rear xtraflow, buying a 2k controller isn't worth it just for that.

I have this devilish thought though, the LNA that came with the noctua fan isn't going anywhere .... :twisted:

Flash of a true genius I would say :))

But do 4pin and 3pin match? :?

tkin

Back to school!!
Those XtraFlo's are great, looking nice, working nice too. 2300 rpm, hmm! How is the noise at extreme?
Its loud, its just loud, louder than my 200MM Cooler master fans, louder than the R4s(Cooler master led fans), louder than even the 2x noctua 55 CFM fans on the cooler, I can hear it over the ceiling fan set to low, and the only thing that tramples it is the sound of my dvd writer, so its loud(37dba), its just my perception because I'm used to quite systems, but many people might not find it very loud.

Flash of a true genius I would say :))

But do 4pin and 3pin match? :?
Well, the xtraflo fan comes with a 3 pin adapter remember(the pic that you posted above), so the fan can be controlled by voltage tuning, the LNA introduces that resistance, but I'll have to see how low it actually becomes, I'm thinking about 1800RPM would be nice.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Its loud, its just loud, louder than my 200MM Cooler master fans, louder than the R4s(Cooler master led fans), louder than even the 2x noctua 55 CFM fans on the cooler, I can hear it over the ceiling fan set to low, and the only thing that tramples it is the sound of my dvd writer, so its loud(37dba), its just my perception because I'm used to quite systems, but many people might not find it very loud.

So how to take care of it? Inline resistors?

tkin

Back to school!!
So how to take care of it? Inline resistors?
Yeah, but lets try the LNA adapter first, I can always buy some resistors, solder them to some wires, put electrical tape all over it and call it a day, gonna look ugly, but I will hide the wire anyway.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

LNA? They sent a Low-noise amp with the fan????:confused::confused::confused:

tkin

Back to school!!
Tkin says that they are loud....how loud I dont know...need to compare when I set up my rig....
Is your current rig dissembled? Do you have the psu? Try hooking it to the smps directly, that will give you an idea of the sound, you have a cm R4 right? That came with a 3pin to molex adapter afaik.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Is your current rig dissembled? Do you have the psu? Try hooking it to the smps directly, that will give you an idea of the sound, you have a cm R4 right? That came with a 3pin to molex adapter afaik.

Nice idea...but too tired today...gotta go off early tomorrow...will be out til thursday :(

In the mean time...formulate a plan to take care of the noise...

what's this LNA?

Its a Low Noise Adapter...which is actually an inline resistor to decrease operating fan voltage(am I right? )...which reduces fan noise...