Seagate 1 TB
Sony Box optical drive
I Ball Stunner cabinet
Samsung syncmaster 933 20 inch
Logitech Multimedia key
Logitech Optical Mouse
Nvidia Geforce 9600 Gt
APC Back UPS

I considered getting a core i3 at that time but the shop guy tricked my father into buying the core 2 duo.[I am just 12 years old]I also wanted a better graphics card.

The problems i am facing currently are slow windows startup. Takes a lot of time from the welcome screen to the desktop. The desktop at first only shows the wallpaper at first then shows the icons and taskbar. Maybe this is because of the many softwares i have installed but i thought my configuration was up for it

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
They could have used a slightly thicker material at a slight cost of transparency, isn't it ?

actually they should have used plastic bolts (they used it in the side fan). instead they opt for some steel tabs that one need to bend (the side panel in my case came off in the box). also 1 thing which i want tell is the fan is a opaque one. white. & still its a LED.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@bajaj
go for coolermaster haf 922
solid looks great build

@goleon
dude as far as gaming is concerned the e8400 performs similar to i3 530 or 540
if you would've went for i3 you would have got ddr3 support(which isn't very important)
its a good build nevertheless
should've gotten core 2 quad q8400(2.66ghz) at the same price
should've spent more on the gpu though if you're going to game in that 18.5 incher lcd

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@bajaj, you comparing HAF922 with NZXT M59. WTH. HAF922 is much much superior to M59. but at double the cost. so if you willing spend so much on a cabby, better get a full tower. worth the cost.

@ Sam.Shab

You are right..Price diff is High.

--> How many fans does Haf X 922 comes with ?

--> How is Haf x922 cooling compared to M59 ?

vwad

In the zone
actually they should have used plastic bolts (they used it in the side fan). instead they opt for some steel tabs that one need to bend (the side panel in my case came off in the box). also 1 thing which i want tell is the fan is a opaque one. white. & still its a LED.

Thats totally a flaw man, I mean no absolute fitting, what were they thinking :rolleyes:

Opaque & LED :p , I remember my bicycle wheels :p

ajai5777

Youngling
25/03/10
Online IT shoppe,Eranakulam

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Intel DG41RQ
Corsair XMS 1 * 2 GB
Seagate 1 TB
Sony Box optical drive
I Ball Stunner cabinet
Samsung syncmaster 933 20 inch
Logitech Multimedia key
Logitech Optical Mouse
Nvidia Geforce 9600 Gt
APC Back UPS

I considered getting a core i3 at that time but the shop guy tricked my father into buying the core 2 duo.[I am just 12 years old]I also wanted a better graphics card.

The problems i am facing currently are slow windows startup. Takes a lot of time from the welcome screen to the desktop. The desktop at first only shows the wallpaper at first then shows the icons and taskbar. Maybe this is because of the many softwares i have installed but i thought my configuration was up for it

I am also from ernakulam.Never let the shop guys to decide your configuration.Also dont send your father alone to buy these things (you should have gone with him)

Its a typical kerala shop guy's config

:- C2D+Intel board+Iball or local cabinet+Iball or local SMPS+ A gpu if you need.

Main issue is that the SMPS they have fitted must be a local one and they might have used a 6pin connector adapter if the card requires one.They never suggest quality PSU's (also those are not available).I had a choice of Cooler master and zebronics.Instead of going for extreme series I went for Zebronics pro series.(almost good as other branded PSU's).

Shop guys were shocked when I asked for a 2.5k SMPS.:grin: They know only 500 bucks SMPS.:mrgreen:

You should have asked for a config to elder friends or atleast here before buying.An Athlon II X4 or phenom II X4 + HD 5670 would have been a better choice.

Shop guys never suggest AMD.They tell that it has heating problems etc.
They are in the era of old Athlon and sempron series :grin:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
sam even though the fans are opaque white,
trust me they will look a killer one!!:smile::smile:
you'll realise it when you've powered up your rig
check this link
NZXT M59 - 001BK Review Page 3 - Closer Look (The Working Components) - Overclockers Club
it has some pics of your cabby when powered up:razz:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam even though the fans are opaque white,
trust me they will look a killer one!!:smile::smile:
you'll realise it when you've powered up your rig
check this link
NZXT M59 - 001BK Review Page 3 - Closer Look (The Working Components) - Overclockers Club
it has some pics of your cabby when powered up:razz:

yes i know. the LED i think is hidden near the motor. so the fans spins but the LED is in front won't disturb anyone even if the cabby placed near the monitor.

Goleon

Journeyman
@bajaj
go for coolermaster haf 922
solid looks great build

@goleon
dude as far as gaming is concerned the e8400 performs similar to i3 530 or 540
if you would've went for i3 you would have got ddr3 support(which isn't very important)
its a good build nevertheless
should've gotten core 2 quad q8400(2.66ghz) at the same price
should've spent more on the gpu though if you're going to game in that 18.5 incher lcd

I wanted more of clock speed than cores.
And I remember posting that my monitor was a 20 inch one

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

I am also from ernakulam.Never let the shop guys to decide your configuration.Also dont send your father alone to buy these things (you should have gone with him)

Its a typical kerala shop guy's config

:- C2D+Intel board+Iball or local cabinet+Iball or local SMPS+ A gpu if you need.

Main issue is that the SMPS they have fitted must be a local one and they might have used a 6pin connector adapter if the card requires one.They never suggest quality PSU's (also those are not available).I had a choice of Cooler master and zebronics.Instead of going for extreme series I went for Zebronics pro series.(almost good as other branded PSU's).

Shop guys were shocked when I asked for a 2.5k SMPS.:grin: They know only 500 bucks SMPS.:mrgreen:

You should have asked for a config to elder friends or atleast here before buying.An Athlon II X4 or phenom II X4 + HD 5670 would have been a better choice.

Shop guys never suggest AMD.They tell that it has heating problems etc.
They are in the era of old Athlon and sempron series :grin:

You are right, but they suggested me a dualcore, msi MB and 1 GB Ram, There cabinet choise was odissey
i got a 250w psu with my cabinet
when i asked them for an nvidia sli MB they said they never heard of it
and asked for the coolermaster cabinet they said that it might be some sort of model of I ball or Mercury. Well i didn't go for AMD because i simply did not think of it before. it was a while after that i realised that i made a big mistake

Davidboon

In the zone
brought this config yesterday from e-lounge lamington road.
Proccy- Amd phenom ll X6 1055T
Mobo- MSI 890FXA-GD70
Ram- Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM
Gfx card- ASUS HD5870 Stalker edition
Hdd- Seagate 500GB
Smps- corsair 650W
Monitor- Benq 2220HD
Mouse- Gigabyte 6800
Keyboard- Razer Abyssus
Dvd writer- Lg OEM
Cabinet- NZXT M59

Thanx all the members who help to decide the rig . actually im on mobile right now . so will post pics later .

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

the keyboard and the cabinet will be arriving today . wanted to get a wd blue or black hdd but only green were there so got one seagate .

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

the keyboard and the cabinet will be arriving today . wanted to get a wd blue or black hdd but only green were there so got one seagate .

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I wanted more of clock speed than cores.
And I remember posting that my monitor was a 20 inch one
you're wrong about that dude
q8400 quad(2.66ghz) may have lesser clock speed than e8400 dual(3.00ghz)
but clock speed doesn't always matter
both of their performance is same in current games
they both fall under same performance categorey
check this chart,you'll see
Gaming CPU Heirarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: July 2010
but the quad core was the better performer and future proof option over the dual core

about the monitor
the model no. you mentioned was samsung syncmaster 933sn
which is actually an 18.5 incher with a resolutin of 1366x768
Samsung SyncMaster LCD 46cm (18.5) wide screen monitor - 933SNPlus - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
brought this config yesterday from e-lounge lamington road.
Proccy- Amd phenom ll X6 1055T
Mobo- MSI 890FXA-GD70
Ram- Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM
Gfx card- ASUS HD5870 Stalker edition
Hdd- Seagate 500GB
Smps- corsair 650W
Monitor- Benq 2220HD
Mouse- Gigabyte 6800
Keyboard- Razer Abyssus
Dvd writer- Lg OEM
Cabinet- NZXT M59

Thanx all the members who help to decide the rig . actually im on mobile right now . so will post pics later .

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

nice one. really good. BTW let me some pics of your cabby myself :))

ok guys a few pics of my new PC:

*img714.imageshack.us/img714/6118/0731110217.jpg
side view

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/1285/0731105850.jpg
front view

*img195.imageshack.us/img195/5639/0731105906.jpg
side view (less lighting)

no interior pics for now as the PSU is being placed sideways & over a cardboard box to reach the 12V ATX plug. also graphics card isn't installed. will post better pics next week (& maybe a review of the M59).

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^^
holy cow !!!:shock:
sam your rig looks awesome dude!!!!:grin:
how's the performance of the dell monitor?
how much did your rig cost in total dude?:grin:
you didnt seem to mention which keyboard mouse and speakers you're using:?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ well if you spent so much on cabby, it'll look good. total cost close to: 42k (inc cable ordered in TE). the keyboard mouse is logitech internet pro & speaker is Creative SBS A300. monitor performance is good but not configured settings a lot.

Top Bottom