** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

razpor

Broken In
Speed test results can be misleading. Also, download something from an ordinary website is no metric either. Most download options have server restrictions to protect leeching of the server. Downloading something from Microsoft will give a better idea.
tried that as you suggested.(thanks for the idea)
Downloaded a large file from microsoft and did further tests with fast.com and speedtest.net.in .
It seems like i am not really getting speeds above 2.5-2.6 mbps.
Speeds are consistently around this mark,which leads me to believe there is some sort of speed limit on my account.
I got my line stats changed today only and it reflects in the router stats ,it shows 4096 Kbps(changed from 2048 Kbps) in downstream.
So either .i am not getting prefup speeds and speed is restricted to 2 mbps ,or there is something else ...in the BSNL system ... idk
lol

any ideas??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
tried that as you suggested.(thanks for the idea)
Downloaded a large file from microsoft and did further tests with fast.com and speedtest.net.in .
It seems like i am not really getting speeds above 2.5-2.6 mbps.
Speeds are consistently around this mark,which leads me to believe there is some sort of speed limit on my account.
I got my line stats changed today only and it reflects in the router stats ,it shows 4096 Kbps(changed from 2048 Kbps) in downstream.
So either .i am not getting prefup speeds and speed is restricted to 2 mbps ,or there is something else ...in the BSNL system ... idk
lol

any ideas??

Raise a complain on PG portal.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Legally, an ISP can manage if they serve you with 80 % of promised speed. It is also common not to get maximum promised speed due to various issues.

razpor

Broken In
Ok so i got the number of the NIB section in my district and called them,told them everything .They said they'll look into this ,obviously one call wasn't gonna do this so i had to call them atleast 15 more times in span of 2 hours and i guess they got fed up and finally when i opened my browser i got the message to click "happy browsing".:lol:
Now i am getting 3.3-3.4 mbps in speedtests and actual dowload speeds of about 410-425kBps.
Good for now i guess.
Advice for anyone,call the NIB regarding speed matters,these morons at exchange are clueless about these things.
Was a hassle ,but i suppose they too would have done nothing if i hadn't called them like a million times,so keep nagging these lazy morons.Thats the only way . sigh

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
finally when i opened my browser i got the message to click "happy browsing".:lol:
I guess it's coincidence. Me too got the same message when I switched on my PC few minutes ago and I am getting about 1.7 mbps (supposed to be around 2mbps).

razpor

Broken In
whats the upload speeds i should expect on bsnl,i hardly get anything above 0.35-0.37 mbps ,does that sound about right??
my upload data rate is capped at 512 kbps

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Looks like this month also we will get pre fup speed.

Ftth has good plans now. But exchange people are not giving connection.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FTTH is also not feasible in all areas.Unless it is a place with lots of potential(like some good apartment complex) or an area with confirmed multiple applications for FTTH,local exchange people are not going to bother.

razpor

Broken In
So well this is an on off issue.
For the last few days pings to singapore have gone to 300s which used to be around 100.
Anyone else experiencing the same???

BSNL needs to sort out its routing,they change it almost every other day,very unprofessional.