** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Though ISPs are exploiting it, there are leechers in every network that makes high speed UL without FUP impossible. They want to clone torrent websites on their HDD.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
4mbps needs to be the norm without any fups.,maybe in a years time 8 mbps,
Let your dreams + wishes come true for BSNL, my Friend.
Even if BSNL makes any Plan with 8Mbps speed and without any FUP, I SHALL SURELY SWITCH OVER BACK TO BSNL.
For that reason I've kept the landline intact and is on voice only GENERAL PLAN.

But reality says,we have to wait for 2 or more years.:emoji_zzz::emoji_sleeping::duh2:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Though ISPs are exploiting it, there are leechers in every network that makes high speed UL without FUP impossible. They want to clone torrent websites on their HDD.
This argument is valid only when it actually happens which in India is very rare.Just like there are leechers there are also those who have 50mbps UL connection with no FUP but still use only ~100gb in a month so that balances out things.Of course it also means that people should have TBs of hdd space which again in India is rare where most people buy 1 0r 2TB hdd & that's it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe or maybe their network is not capable of handling such loads.Only way to test it is by declaring a "download as much as you can week" & see how good their network is & how much people can load their network.

razpor

Broken In
I would hope their network backbone is strong,i think BSNL is testing this 4mbps no fup thing.If it all works out fine,we might see some higher speed plans by early next year.They are definitely getting ready to compete with JIO fibre., they have no option tbh.

fingers crossed.

razpor

Broken In
I am on bsnl broadband plan 1199,i have never seen speeds above 3 mbps that too on very few occasion.
Youtube works flawlessly(even 720 p at times) but all other sites with streaming component(netflix etc) buffer way too slow and to add to it download speeds are pathetic even with download managers,to make it even worse many downloads show up corrupt after downloaded(while unpacking )
it doesn't end here,torrents work too slow too... some private trackers give good speed but nothing more than 150-180 kB/s (200 kb/s is the most i have seen for a few secs)on a 4mbps connection is nothing to boast about.

Have been trying to make my local exchange guys understand my issue,all they have is "sir speed ka ab kya ho sakta hai" :banghead:

what options do i have??

here are my line stats,they are good making me believe fault is at the exchange but how can i make these morons understand this
*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1
*[img]*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1
A little update ,if anyone had a similar issue like mine.
It was the PORT at the exchange that was the issue,they changed the port and now everything working fine.
Though the new port seems to have the data rate capped at 2048 Kbps ,so thats some more work for me lol

razpor

Broken In
Still not getting pre fup speeds
Is there anyone i can contact?any office ??,as my exchange guys are clueless about technical stuff..
really want to find out whats up here..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Did you run out of this month's quota ?
If there is "quota", most likely everyone would have ran out of that.

It seemed like BSNL upgraded everyone's plan to pre FUP speed for free, like they did last month.

In my case, in my modem settings downstream shows 2048 kbps, but I am not getting that speed.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Does anyone else's Bsnl BroadBand give totally fine download speeds but when you browse something it feels as if you are using 64 kbps connection?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

razpor

Broken In
Did you run out of this month's quota ?
I got my port changed this month,my old port was faulty but it seems like even this one has something wrong too
Speed test results are all over the place ,i should be getting atleast 3 mbps if speedtest is to be believed but i cant download anything at speed above 230 kb/s ,which is wierd.

Finding a solution to bsnl broadband issues is a full time detective job tbh ...exhausting

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Speed test results can be misleading. Also, download something from an ordinary website is no metric either. Most download options have server restrictions to protect leeching of the server. Downloading something from Microsoft will give a better idea.

Top Bottom