Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Camera ZOOM FX looks promising... Tried it on my friends HTC Desire HD but still find something missing... The perfect camera replacement app would be one that has the simplicity of the native camera app but with added advanced features...

EDIT: Uninstalled all the camera apps I installed earlier and kept the native camera app until a better camera replacement app comes out...

Never bothered about that and i am not a photo freak. So default app is more than enuff

3G Watchdog looks promising and will install that once I get my Mobile Internet / 3G working...

An app called NetCounter is also there, but not so good than 3G Watchdog. Make sure you are not running too many apps in the background. Will eat all your RAM.

One thing I'm very keen on is a good video player... I have installed a player called VPlayer Advanced from a friend when I first bought my phone and it played every video I threw at it without any problems... The only issue for me was I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet except for a few Android APK download blogs... Now I've seem many similar looking players come up in the market: VPlayer (Free Trial) with VPlayer Unlocker and VPlayer Unlocker (), Best Video Player PRO and VPlayer Pro... Now which one of these are dependable apps? So far VPlayer Advanced has given me no problems but would like a community approved video player for all my video playback needs... Any feedback would be appreciated...

RockPlayer Lite. Played mkv to mp4 with this player. Never tried VLC as its not free.

Give it a try for Rockplayer Lite. So far so good.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Many of us own this. This phone deserves a new thread IMO.

BTW Guys, anyone experiencing the same problem. Very often, after the call disconnects, phone hangs for a few seconds. Anyone?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Yes... it hangs... never been disconnected though...

Randomly cold reboots... could be the ADW launcher Force Closes and restarts without warning... A lot of apps on my Galaxy SL force close. Should I flash the new stable European ROM? I have not installed any custom recovery yet. Its an expensive phone with almost no XDA support. So, waiting for Samsung to release official GB update...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes, from what i've heard from xda forum is, that European ROM is stable and fixes a lot of issue. Right now i am waiting for Rex's CustomROM, as it looks promising. Once he releases, i'll flash my rom and install it.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
guys, i am not facing any issues with my SL. Could some one list out the problems faced so far ?

I am running on the same firmware which came with the device,just updated it once thru KIES

wwwescape

Journeyman
^^ Moboplayer is good but i feel RockPlayer is better than this...

Unfortunately both Moboplayer and RockPlayer Lite seem to have problems playing the .MKV files I have... Either the video lags or only plays the audio... I'm sticking to VPlayer Advanced till a better video player comes our way...

I've experienced cold reboots and call drops too... but I can ignore these niggles... The phone is just awesome...

I am running on the same firmware which came with the device,just updated it once thru KIES

When did a firmware update come out for the Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003)?

Yes, from what i've heard from xda forum is, that European ROM is stable and fixes a lot of issue. Right now i am waiting for Rex's CustomROM, as it looks promising. Once he releases, i'll flash my rom and install it.

I think you should wait a while before installing a custom ROM... I've heard we will be getting a firmware update soon and it could be a Gingerbread update...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Got this phone yesterday, no gingerbread announcement is sag but still this phone is good value for money. This thing that sucks the most is that I could find no chat app that makes use of front facing cam of the phone. I was using Cyanogen mod on my last phone (Spica) missing that badly on this phone.

wwwescape

Journeyman
Is there an easy way to organize apps in the application screens (not the home screens)?

Also, is there any really good benefit from trying to root my phone?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Unfortunately both Moboplayer and RockPlayer Lite seem to have problems playing the .MKV files I have... Either the video lags or only plays the audio... I'm sticking to VPlayer Advanced till a better video player comes our way...

I've experienced cold reboots and call drops too... but I can ignore these niggles... The phone is just awesome...

When did a firmware update come out for the Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003)?

I think you should wait a while before installing a custom ROM... I've heard we will be getting a firmware update soon and it could be a Gingerbread update...

the device comes to Kb1 and we can update to Kb2 using KIES. I did it last week

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ LOL.. Mine comes with KB2 only. BTW An European FW KB3 is at XDA forums and according to everyone that is stable. They claims that it solves almost all bugs, except that bug with latest version of Google Maps.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
ya I purchased my device in the first week of the launch, so it came with KB1 and i updated to KB2 recently.

What bugs does KB2 have ?

wwwescape

Journeyman
Ah yes... I got the KB2 update pre-installed... My phone is now 3 weeks old and still awesome... :)

Have read on the XDA developers forums the the XXKB3 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) is really good... but am really nervous to root my phone and update the firmware just yet...

Last edited:
Top Bottom