Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yes specially when you can't make backup of stock rom. Or does titanium backup does that too? BTW that superoneclick can uroot the phone as it does the root. so chill and root it up :p

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Ah yes... I got the KB2 update pre-installed... My phone is now 3 weeks old and still awesome... :)

Have read on the XDA developers forums the the XXKB3 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) is really good... but am really nervous to root my phone and update the firmware just yet...

Its XXKB3, not DDKB3.

But SuperoneClick is not that bad, plug the phone in USB and click Root. No nonsense.

For firmwire, get the latest one and let odin do the job... :D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Gingerbread coming soon for Galaxy SL :)
First or second week of July (yeah I know its very very far away!)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yes, once official update is there we can upgrade using Kies itself. But it is a long wait. Moreover I got to know it from Facebook page for i9003 maybe not that trustworthy.

But which custom rom are you eye-ing buddy?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
yes, once official update is there we can upgrade using Kies itself. But it is a long wait. Moreover I got to know it from Facebook page for i9003 maybe not that trustworthy.

But which custom rom are you eye-ing buddy?

The one by rex4u @ xda-dev forum. It seems promising and it's stable, AFAIK. All beta tester was satisfied with that ROM. But now he is hospitalized, so the release date is unknown. :-(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ohhh yes, that one. I didn't go through whole thread but saw the latest posting about him being hospitalized so I thought maybe he is not in mood to fix the bugs ;)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
ohhh yes, that one. I didn't go through whole thread but saw the latest posting about him being hospitalized so I thought maybe he is not in mood to fix the bugs ;)

He is literally hospitalized and he met with an accident. Otherwise the ROM would've released a week before. But still he promised everyone that once he return home, he'll release. Now everyone pray for his comeback. :D

wwwescape

Journeyman
Has anyone tried downloading the Kies air app from the Samsung app market... it looks very interesting but I can't seem to download it... It keeps saying that the application is not optimized for my device...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
It comes by default on all Samsung phones :)

here snapshot from my i9003 (it is Android and it is rooted)

*i52.tinypic.com/2evghft.png

*i51.tinypic.com/2vmsgzt.png

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Playing Angry Birds Rio...it is such a delight to see all those smooth graphics. I am loving it :p ...wasting office hours ;)

But the handset is getting hotter by every game :(

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Yes, it's damn hot after i played Game Dev Story for about 30 minutes. Need to install cooler for this phone.... :grin:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Samsung Galaxy S enjoys Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade - Mobiletor.com

wasn't it announced and available already? Are they talking about Galaxy SL (our phone)?

Top Bottom