Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Original Samsung Galaxy S has awesome hardware, great screen, great CPU-GPU combination and exceptional XDA support. At 22k, its amazing...

Samsung Galaxy S + CyanogenMod 7 = Awesome Winner...

If you don't like to hack and tinker... then HTC Desire S is better out of the box...

I could not find Galaxy S for 22k anywhere. 24-25k was the price I got.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Well Maharashtra has sh1tty octroi laws which make everything automatically costly. MH is the only state in India to have octroi tax , which is arounf 8-10% WTF ! :( . If I order from internet still I will have to pay for octroi.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Well Maharashtra has sh1tty octroi laws which make everything automatically costly. MH is the only state in India to have octroi tax , which is arounf 8-10% WTF ! :( . If I order from internet still I will have to pay for octroi.

As far as I know, Mumbai-Thane area have octroi. I am not sure about the rest of Maharastra...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Whole MH has, even if you buy some goods from one part of Pune and take it to the other part (Nagar Palika change) you have to pay octroi on it.

According to wikipedia :
As of 2008, octroi is levied in Ethiopia and in only one state of India, (Maharashtra).

MH gove earns around Rs 7000 crore yearly via octroi tax ! Parasites!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I rooted my handset too. Not experienced any kind of lagging! You did this for Titanium backup only right?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
you are overclocking!!!!!!!

wait I saw in some reviews that it only allows to down-clock and not the other way around

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
yes i only know after using that app..... :D

I changed the min freq from 300MHz to 700MHz to see the difference. Now it's lag like hell...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
BTW you have played many games (including HD) on this phone. How about Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus (*market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftBPHM.ML&feature=banner) does it work smoothly?

I thought I will ask you before giving Rs.316 to them :p

more BTW, I do not know if everyone knows it or not but if you click on "Install" for any application in market.android.com online (on PC) with your account, it will be downloaded and installed in your phone automatically :)
Waaanderfullll

Moreover, Google has 15 minutes money-back policy for all Android market apps and games. Say you pay for the above game, try it on your mobile. If it doesn't work, uninstall it and your money will be refunded :)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
BTW you have played many games (including HD) on this phone. How about Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus (*market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftBPHM.ML&feature=banner) does it work smoothly?

I thought I will ask you before giving Rs.316 to them :p

I hate war shooters but still i tried that game, i hate it TBF. since i am not a fan of that genre, don't take my view completely.

more BTW, I do not know if everyone knows it or not but if you click on "Install" for any application in market.android.com online (on PC) with your account, it will be downloaded and installed in your phone automatically :)
Waaanderfullll

I know that and i hope everybody know that.

Moreover, Google has 15 minutes money-back policy for all Android market apps and games. Say you pay for the above game, try it on your mobile. If it doesn't work, uninstall it and your money will be refunded :)

Did you get your money back this way?

My Android Home :

*i54.tinypic.com/x2uvdt.jpg

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yes, I purchased XDA Premium but immediately realized that xda is supported by tapatalk too so why not buy that. I got my money back :)

BTW why are you using a separate app for screenshot when pressing "Back" followed by "Home" button gives you the same. I love your home, I am not too fond of widgets (tried some of them but later removed) so my home is a little rustic. But still I love Go Launcher Ex. That small "Lock" app (56kb only) is really good to lock your fone with just a touch as I find pressing the lock button a little cumbersome :p
View attachment 4696

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
yes, I purchased XDA Premium but immediately realized that xda is supported by tapatalk too so why not buy that. I got my money back :)

I bought TapaTalk only for TDF and now i m doomed. TDF doesn't seem to integrate TapaTalk. Thats really a sad news for me.. :(

BTW why are you using a separate app for screenshot when pressing "Back" followed by "Home" button gives you the same. I love your home, I am not too fond of widgets (tried some of them but later removed) so my home is a little rustic. But still I love Go Launcher Ex. That small "Lock" app (56kb only) is really good to lock your fone with just a touch as I find pressing the lock button a little cumbersome :p
View attachment 4696

I tested that app and BTW i know that pressing back+home will take SS. :razz:

But what i didn't got was, where the hell it is storing those pics.... :D

I liked that home very much and i kept it. Also i liked that "Lock" App, which let me lock games. It's annoying to see people playing games even when your phone is running out of charge and they still don't understand that we need to use it atleast till we reach home. So thumbs up for Lock Application.

@anyone

Is it possible to OC this phone? Coz whatever OC app i install, it's not letting me to OC and the max speed remains at 1000MHz.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I carry a charger with me to office, moreover I keep my phone plugged into USB in my car while driving so it keeps on charging.

BTW I have a question too. Is the menu in this handset limited to 8 pages only?

snapshots are saved in "ScreenCapture" folder in Home (of MyFile application). in other words /mnt/sdcard/ScreenCapture

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I carry a charger with me to office, moreover I keep my phone plugged into USB in my car while driving so it keeps on charging.

BTW I have a question too. Is the menu in this handset limited to 8 pages only?

snapshots are saved in "ScreenCapture" folder in Home (of MyFile application). in other words /mnt/sdcard/ScreenCapture

1. Nope, as you install apps it will increase.

2. I got the yesterday itself , anyway thanks for the info gagan..

Top Bottom