Official iOS devices thread

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

Just for information, adobe guys are working on a version of flash-on-iPhone. Hope of will be out sometimes during this year.
No it won’t. If you don’t mind the little plug, you should read one of my articles about this: Flash and Java on the iPhone - Similar Problems, Similar Fate. :)

goobimama

 Macboy

Guess who just subscribed to the thread.
Uncle Nobby?

@the.kaushik: Of course the SDK is for OS X only. The iPhone does after all run OS X. Besides, Windows developers would create crap applications in the first place. Never mind that though, I wonder why you are so sad about this. Don't even have an iPhone and already planning on developing for it.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Uncle Nobby?
Don't even have an iPhone and already planning on developing for it.

Yaps.. pre planned.. anyways taking it today or tomoro...

Uncle Nobby?

... Windows developers would create crap applications in the first place. Never mind that though, I wonder why you are so sad about this.

Dude dont start again :D where from windows crap came from!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Not again man!!!

You people again started nokia-is-better-than-iPhone crap!

Hey Krazy, if you are happy with your s60 browser, go and live with it. I simply doubt that you have ever hold an iPhone ever before!

This thread is meant to discuss only the post purchase factors of iPhone. So if you people want to fight over safari-s60 browser start a thread on it. Should I name it? "the S60 vs Safari arena" or so ething like that?

And for your information guys I am using N95 and iPhone, and I love the iPhone web browsing far better than S60 browser of N95-8gb.

and another thing @ krazy

Don't show pics of gadgets which have never seen the daylight.

That is a concept phone. The recently launched N96 nowhere comes near iPhone browsing experience.

I don't see any point of using flash on mobile devices! Go and browse those sites on your 17+inch monitor using your PC and broadband. Why give the poor EDGE network so much pain loading big flash sites?

Just for information, adobe guys are working on a version of flash-on-iPhone. Hope of will be out sometimes during this year.

OK.. OK.. Alright already. Stop hyperventilating before you collapse. Whatever you say. You're the genius who has used all the phones. I bow before thee. Accept the apologies of this fool.

I guess now there is no need for me to make a silly video (which wouldn't have been appreciated anyway). I'm outta here. Namaste. :)

goobimama

 Macboy

Cutting through to the topic at hand, anyone here tried CameraBag? Really neat tool for making iPhone photos look good.

goobimama

 Macboy

Let's just say I'll be too busy with work to moderate this thread. :)

-------------

I need some application that will allow me to control a Windows PC over Wifi. Which one of those teleport things are good? I need to control mainly volume, but also maybe play pause of music (not iTunes, unfortunately).

Last edited:

@Goobi,Jaadu VNC is the best in the business.You can control your Mac and PC from anywhere in the world with a full screen view.
I've tried it and believe me it's awesome!
@Anti-iPhone fellas,what you gotta say on this one?

goobimama

 Macboy

Jaadu costs $25 man! Anything cheaper than that? I don't want to do serious stuff. Just basic controls would be enough.

Uncle Nobby?

@the.kaushik: Of course the SDK is for OS X only. The iPhone does after all run OS X. Besides, Windows developers would create crap applications in the first place. Never mind that though, I wonder why you are so sad about this. Don't even have an iPhone and already planning on developing for it.
Dude, WTF ?

Firstly, the OS a developer uses has no relation to the apps he develops.

Secondly, developing on an iPhone needn't mean the dev is an iphone enthusiast. It can just be as a hobby or for a job.

Thirdly, did you know VLC Media Player is going to be ported to iPhone soon ? And why do you think they are porting it ? Not because they are iPhone enthusiasts. Nor because they are using Macintoshes (most of the videolan team use debian wtf/linux and others windows; only a handful use mac). Its because there is a NEED for a high end media player on iPhone and the community is enthusiastic on having one.

There are also many people who own iPhone because they wanted a Phone, not because they wanted something from apple. They may not own a mac. Denying them ability to develop apps for their own phone comfortably is a negative for the company.

And since its conformed that Java most propably won't ever run legally on an iPhone, I doubt you can make apps for it unless you have the SDK - more trouble for our fictionous guy-who-has-an-iphone-and-is-a-dev-but-has-no-mac.

Why can't you be more sensitive ?

@Goobi,where is your quarry?BS?
Anyways you can try Mocha VNC or Mocha VNC Lite which is free.Though I reccomend only Jaadu.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Where's that Janice quote when you need it. Oh yes, found it. "Oh... my... God!"

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

@ Krazy Sorry man. My intention is not to hurt you. But I am really annoyed with the iPhone-vs-Nokia talk going over in numerous threads.

As far as my phones are concerned, I have owned the following models during last one year. 1. Nokia N95-8gb, Samsung D900i, SE W610, SE K580, MotoMing, MotoQ9h, HTC Touch and now iPhone. I don't think it's necessary to mention Nokia 2600 classic, Motorola L6 and Samsung E250 owned by me. Isn't it sufficient to describe my experience with mobiles?

Should I mention the handsets I have used and sold?

Anyway, all comments are welcome in this thread, but no fight on Nokia-is-better-than-iPhone talks. I agree that S60 devices have it's own benefits. But hey it is not the world of Nokia!!!

@Krazy- I really enjoys your technical comments on different issues raised in various threads, so I hope you will contribute to this thread in a positive manner.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

To all those who want a voice recorder on the iPhone, I will recommend you check out SpeakEasy voice recorder. At $2 it is a stunning app. Really well designed and has some nice effects. Truly an iPhone app.

If on the other hand you don't want a voice recording app, then don't get it.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

^^It doesn't have one by default????????????????/ :wtf:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Why do you feel the need to defend it, specially against ridiculous complaints like this one?

Top Bottom